Quantcast Dissapointed...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dissapointed...

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Dissapointed...

Hi, I just got back from WDW!

I had a great time and LOVED Toy Story Mania! I''ve never been on a better ride and I love the movie Toy Story movies so it was very exciting!

I also expanded my Pin Collection, and have started sort of a theme, Mickey and friends on my favorite rides.

But to explain the title, I was very dissapointed about the cleanliness of WDW. It seemed like everywhere you look theres peeling paint, cracks in walls or garbage on the ground, has anyone had this problem and why doesn't Disney do something about it?
    Coming Up: Boardwalk Villas - July '13!
    Contemporary Resort: '02, '04
    Beach Club Villas: '04, '06, '09
    Boardwalk Villas: '05, '08, '09, '10, '11
    Swan Resort: '07
    Villas at Wilderness Lodge: '08

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Virginia - 775 miles/12hrs from the magic
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure they will address this situation in the near future. It will be a great new reason to raise all the prices AGAIN!
    '09~Pop
    '08~Pop,CR
    '07~Pop,POR
    '06~WL,Pop
    '05~CSR, Pop, CBR
    '04~ASSp, ASMu, Pop
    '03~ASMo,POR,Poly
    '02~WL
    '01~ASMo
    '00~Off Site :0(
    '95~ASSp
    Sept 1991~Honeymoon~Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm.... I smell a trend. I've been saying this for years and many seem to still like to pretend it's not happening...

Post Thanks / Like

maybe it was right before the "painting" time. I hope that is the case. I know that Disney prides itself on being emaculate
    Countless Disneyland trips
    May 2000 Honeymoon 1st DW Trip
    April 2001 AS Music
    May 2003 Off-site
    December 2003 AS Movies
    July 2004 Disneyland
    December 2005 AS Movies
    September 2007 Pop
    March 2009 Pop
    Christmas 2010 Movies
    June 2011 off-site
    Christmas 2012 Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the posts, and yes I also hope that its before the painting days. There was one attraction which bothers me the most, Buzz Lightyear. During the line, there is numerous cracks in walls which was very dissapointing.
    Coming Up: Boardwalk Villas - July '13!
    Contemporary Resort: '02, '04
    Beach Club Villas: '04, '06, '09
    Boardwalk Villas: '05, '08, '09, '10, '11
    Swan Resort: '07
    Villas at Wilderness Lodge: '08

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDW24 View Post
    It seemed like everywhere you look theres peeling paint, cracks in walls or garbage on the ground, has anyone had this problem and why doesn't Disney do something about it?
    While this is as good a place as any to vent, make sure you accompany your vent with a polite, but firmly communcative, letter to Disney management.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

lockedoutlogic Guest

I'm no expert, but i would guess that lack of labor and high turnover rate would contribute significantly to "issues" such as these....

Disney might have to do something drastic and pay TEN cents above the state minimum wage to get good help

Post Thanks / Like

You have to remember how big Disney is. It isn't just one park or one resort. It's huge. They can probably paint and clean up an area, but by the time they get around to that area again, it definately needs it. Florida is an extremely humid area. It takes time to prep, paint and dry and you can't do that in the rain. Then they probably have to close down the attraction - thus refurbishment - and everyone hates that when they get there and their "favorite ride" is down. Usually you favorite ride is the one that they are taking care of. I have read these posts for about 8 years and everytime I see posts on refurbishments thats when everyone sees when they are going and what is going to be down and then they focus on what is down instead of what they still have left to see. What if Disney just decided to close for a year and clean everything up - EVERYONE would be crying then. And the crowds would be tremendous when they reopened. I know it's disappointing to see the break down of your favorite place but that comes with age and crowds. Trust me, if the CM's walked behind and cleaned up after people constantly, they wouldn't geet much else done because I have seen how ****** people treat the parks, throwing down their trash whereever they finish something they have been eating instead of finding the closest trashbin. It's a job folks to try to keep everyone happy in a place that big and crowded.
    dm2K
    1993 - BC/Cruise; 1996 - BC; 1998 - BC; 2000 - YC; 2002 - FQ; 2004 - Campground/BC; 2005 - POR; 2007 - BWI; 2008 - AKL; Christmas 2010 - BC; 2011 - All Star Sports; 2012 - AKL & WL; 2013 - DL and CSR

Post Thanks / Like

I can remember in the 80s when every other person working there had a broom and a dust pan and they walked around all day sweeping up trash, popcorn, etc. I do think there are things happening there now that have Walt spinning in his grave.

Post Thanks / Like

Once again, just tale a trip to any 6 Flags park for a little perspective. They are tiny compaired to Disney, and SO much more dirty and run down..... Disney may not be perfect, but then again nothing is...or can be. As far as the "slide" in service and cleanliness, I think many people have rose colored memories. I , for one, think Disney does an incredible job in the face of overwhelming odds. Just my two cents...
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't notice a problem when we were there last month. I normally very sensitive to that sort of thing.

Edit: I take that back. The loft area at Pinocchio Village Haus was absolutely filthy. Overflowing trans cans, tables full of garbage, food on the floor, etc. Really bad show. It's a low-traffic area and would be hard to keep clean, so I kind of understand. One of the custodians was cleaning it by the time we left however, which is the important thing.
    Last edited by ayeckley; 08-26-2008 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Supressed memory of horror.

Post Thanks / Like

I was there this past weekend and also noticed something. I can't believe the amount of gum stains, on the ground, at all the parks. A ilttle pressure cleaning is needed. The streets were always so clean, but times have changed.
    76-09 Passholders
    1995-Grad Night
    2005-CSR-2x, POR-2x
    2006-POR, Swan-3x
    2007-Swan-3x, Dolphin-2x, FW-2x
    2008-Swan-2x (married there!) Dolphin, AS-Music, CSR, CBR, Pop, Gaylord Palms
    2009-CBR, AKL Villas, Omni, SSR,Dolphin
    2010-POP-2x, CBR, FW, Dolphin
    Upcoming Jan 2011'POP

Post Thanks / Like

Cleanliness and repair status also has a lot to do with when you are at the parks. Here in late August the parks are still running full throttle with peak level crowds. Starting in September you will see a rise in the number of attractions down for refurbishment for everything from minor painting to full on rebuilding.

While I am not an encyclopedia of past Intercot posts it does seem to me that this is the time of year we see the largest number of posts about the condition of the parks and then it tapers off through the winter as things get patched back up.

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, I don't like the Parks being dirty, but what bothers me even more is when you pay over $200 a night for a deluxe resort and you have a room that is filled with spider webs, dust, hair, stains, and sticky substances. At least you can leave the MK at the end of the day...but to go and sleep in the filth? Ugh...

Post Thanks / Like

I never notice peeling paint, but then again I don't walk around looking for it either.

Maybe if guest would stop throwing trash on the ground and start using the trash cans then we would not see trash.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the time of year is important. Summer is high traffic and horrendous weather conditions. With the volume of people thru the parks each day I'm happy its only small stuff. Yes back in the day their were CM's around with the whisk broom and dust pan picking up spilt popcorn or whatever in a few seconds after it hit the ground. Yes budget restraints also limit the number of people who will work let alone want to do that job. The slow season is approaching so lets hope some of this will get done before our next trips.
    WDW '71-'81(numerous)
    Yearly '98 - '08
    Last Trip July 2014

Next Trip ???
    Keep to the code... If you fall behind, you get left behind.

Post Thanks / Like

Default It happened at DL

A few years ago I felt the same way about DL. They were building DCA at the time and the budget cuts at DL really showed. I remember overhearing an ex employee complaining "don't they still clean the park at night when the guests are gone". Gum and trash were every where, I really thought about not taking the kids anymore. A few years later I did try it again and DL looked great. So hopefully it was a one time thing and hopefully WDW will be back in shape for my late Sept trip. I'll let you know if I notice the same thing.
    Three years in Connecticut and loving it
    Next trip in Jan 2017 I hope!

Post Thanks / Like

This was really evident on our last trip in January, more so at the resort than anywhere. We stayed at the GF, and for a resort that is labeled "Disney's Flagship Resort", I sure was dissapointed. The attention to detail is just not there anymore. I believe it all trickles down from management.

Post Thanks / Like

compared to British theme parks WDW is perfect!!!!
    2003 - off property
    2004 - off property
    2005 - all star movies
    2006 - pop century
    2007 - pop century
    2008 - pop century

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDW24 View Post
    . . . I was very dissapointed about the cleanliness of WDW. It seemed like everywhere you look theres peeling paint, cracks in walls or garbage on the ground, has anyone had this problem and why doesn't Disney do something about it? . . .
    1) You are pretty accurate in your evaluation.
    2) Why not write an email to the Powers-that-Be.
    . . . Bob Iger - [email protected]
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: