Quantcast Photopass question

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Photopass question

This is a different kind of question, I promise!

I'm taking DD to NYC next week, as a 6th bday gift. We're lunching in the American Girl Store, and then I'm sure we'll head over to World of Disney.

I know they have characters there...do they offer Photopass cards? If yes, here's my question: do the photos expire thirty days after they've been taken, or thirty days after I upload the card to the website? We're leaving for WDW next month, and it would be great if I could have the WOD photos together with the WDW photos (planning on pre-purchasing CD). In other words, can I take the card from World of Disney to WDW?

Hope all that made sense! thanks for your help!
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if they have Photopass at the NY WOD store, but I've never heard anyone say that they do.

If they do, you aren't really uploading the pictures from the card by entering the information, you're just accessing the pictures that are made available the day they are taken, so I believe that they are available approximately 30 days from when they are taken.
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know why, but I thought someone, somewhere, had said they had photopass at WOD. Oh, well...guess I'll find out on Thursday!

Thanks, though...I was just curious if it was 30 days from the date of the first pic, or 30 days from when I access them online.
    Christi

Post Thanks / Like

It's entirely possible that they do, I just don't recall having heard anyone say so. I was hoping someone would come along and correct me if necessary.

Sometimes they can give you an extension on your expiration, but I don't think you'd end up with much time to do any edits before the original pics expired.
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

I was hoping someone would have a definitive answer, too...but, like I said, we'll be there Thursday, so I'll be sure to check and post back here!
    Christi

Post Thanks / Like

YES YES YES IS THE ANSWER!! I know for a fact that they do (ok or at least did last year) as my DD was there on a band trip and had some taken with buz and woody against a back drop of andy's room. they are too cute.

also just FYI you can ask by sending an email to have your time extended for I think 15 days or so so that you can add all of your photos on one account. I am looking at the back of my photopass card( i keep it in my wallet as a souviener) and it states to visit the photopass website within 30 days so it must be 30 days from the date that they are taken. Again wait as long as you can to upload them and if you need more time email them and ask them to extend it for you. they should be able to do so. Tell them that you want to purchase the CD but want to be able to include both sets of photos in order to do so.

good luck regardless. we were able to get ours extended so that I could included them all (hers from NY WOD and ours from WDW) onto one CD!!

Disneyfan328
    Pittsburgh PA
    3/97 - All Star Music
    9/07 Port Orleans Riverside
    May 2009All Star Movie~Wedding Anniversary!
    January 2012 All Star Movies
    December 2013 - All Star Movies to celebrate birthdays!
    Planning our December 2015 "Paige's Sweet 16" Birthday Trip -Art of Animation!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for this info! I'd love to have the WOD pics put on the CD with the WDW pics, but WOD is 8/14, and we won't be home from Disney until 9/19...

Course, all this is going on the assumption that we get decent pictures taken at WOD LOL
    Christi

Post Thanks / Like

Like I said go ahead and upload your WOD photos when you log into the photopass website there is an thing to contact them via email. send them an email requesting that they add 10-15 days to your acccount so that you can add your WDW photos to your photopass as well. They have been very accomodating with this in the past. My photos even went past the date (my error not theres I thought I still had a few more days) and they were able to retrieve them for me

this is why it is important to keep your photopass numbers. you will need them in order to retreive any photos that could be lost. I took a picture of the back of mine with my digital just in case.

don't forget to get some of the new fun photos taken with tink and captain hook and simba ect. They are really nice mementos.

Disneyfan328
    Pittsburgh PA
    3/97 - All Star Music
    Planning our December 2015 "Paige's Sweet 16" Birthday Trip -Art of Animation!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Update

WOD does have Photopass photographers. Their meet and greet is really nice, they let one family in at a time. What a birthday treat for Jenna--her all-time favorite, Goofy, was the first character we saw! She spent about ten minutes with him, and when he noticed her wrist corsage (gift from grandma) and "asked" about, she told him it was her birthday. He sent the CM off to get something...then Goofy presented her with a birthday button! I told her she should feel lucky because we'll NEVER be in WDW for her birthday LOL

Anyway, there were about 17 pics on the card...maybe 4 or 5 that I really liked...and they expire on the day we leave for Disney LOL So I emailed them right away, explained that I was heading to disney and was pre-purchasing the CD. They were pretty quick to respond, and extended the NYC pics for an additional 30 days!!

Thanks for everyone's help!!
    Christi

Post Thanks / Like

so glad that it all worked out for you!!!

enjoy your disney trip - have a magical time.

Disneyfan328
    Pittsburgh PA
    3/97 - All Star Music

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: