Quantcast Thank you Disney...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Thank you Disney...

I just spent the day at Six Flags in St. Louis.

We had a great time, loved the assortment of roller coasters, but now I have this to say....

Thank you DISNEY for doing it right.
    Marker from MO

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with your sentiments wholeheartedly...we did a church youth trip to six flags in Atlanta about two weeks before our last trip to WDW....yes, they have great coasters, but that is ALL they have in my book. The park was unclean, customer service was non-existant, there was no enforcement of line jumping (which appeared to be the norm), and there were some maintenance issues that kind of made me abit leery about a second time on some of the rides. Really made us appreciate the Mouse's place even more.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

I couldn't agree more. Other parks just don't compare. You don't get the same quality, that you get at Disney, and forget about cleanliness.....that's not happenin'

Even at Universal, it' pretty bad. My family and I went there 3 years ago, and I literally, stepped in gum, sat in gum, placed our back pack in gum, and I believe I stepped in a "beer puddle"
    I love Walt Disney World!!!!! :)
    A Happy Visitor since 1974!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

While at Six Flags, I found myself almost constantly comparing, often without even thinking about it.

A few observations ---

Cleanliness - Nothing bad to say here really. The park was really pretty clean. Sure they had the items left sitting by visitors, but for the most part I didn't see much trash.

Theming - Oh my. They have fallen SO short. At the place we ate lunch, part of the decoration was cases of beer (yes I know, I'm in St Louis, Bud is everywhere). So many places where there was just little or nothing done. You couldn't help but notice. They could do SO much more.

There was also no apparent continuity. As you walked from one place to the next, there was no feel of any particular theme, the "look" just seemed random.

Costumed Character - When I see Mickey Mouse at WDW, I see "Mickey Mouse". When I saw Bugs Bunny at Six Flags, I saw a guy in Bug Bunny pajamas with a head on. When I saw Wonder Woman, I thought of halloween. The costumes just didn't look as good, they looked like costumes.

"Team Members" vs Cast Members - Just not the same. "Frumpy" faces, no apparent desire to help. I even got bumped into on a couple of occasions because a team member wanted past and I was apparently in the way (no "excuse me" either).

Queues - Far too many stairs in the queues for the rides. Sees like we were always climbing stairs. Sometimes 2 or 3 stories worth.

No apparent account for shade in many of lines. There was one line, I believe it was the Batman coaster, we were in a dark tunnel, climbing stairs, and no air movement at all, crowd with sweaty people. It was very uncomfortable. I just glad I'm not clastrophobic.

Atmosphere - Narrower paths, smaller and less detailed building fronts. Everywhere you went they had basically pop radio music blasting. I have no problem with the music, but I definitely really missed the more themed atmosphere music.

The crowds weren't bad, but it sure was hot. Water fountains were very difficult to find. Surprisingly you couldn't even count of finding a water fountain by a bathroom. However, there were plenty of pop machines around.

As I said, Thank You Disney, for doing it right.
    Marker from MO

Post Thanks / Like

Couldn't agree more! I have vowed NEVER to go to a Six Flags again.
    "I'm so hungry! I sure hope those Princesses' can cook!" my DD before our breakfast at CRT

Gottaluvgoof Guest

Costumed Character - When I see Mickey Mouse at WDW, I see "Mickey Mouse". When I saw Bugs Bunny at Six Flags, I saw a guy in Bug Bunny pajamas with a head on. When I saw Wonder Woman, I thought of halloween. The costumes just didn't look as good, they looked like costumes.

I just had to respond to this one. For years we had season passes to the St. Louis Six Flags. For my kids, it was wonderful. They could hang out with their friends and have a good time, it was close to home, and something to do. I just have to comment on the Wonder Woman I don't know about this year, because we did not renew our passes for the first time in years, but that woman could have been a grandma when we saw her. OMG, she was not even close to Wonder Woman. I can't even believe they put her in that costume. By the way, did they have their parade? It was hysterical. It was nothing but cars and workers walking by with a few characters mixed in. I know exactly what you're talking about. Not even close to Disney.

Post Thanks / Like

Disney is the ultimate, but I still like 6 flags. The only one that I have been to is Great Adventure.
    The problem I had, were the transitions of themes (like from the 'jungle-land' to the 'western land'). Disney does it perfectly but 6 flags is too choppy.

But our 6 flags does have the best coasters...always making world records!
    Dec 27- Best of Both Worlds Tour, Hannah Montana & Miley Cyrus with Jonas Brothers
    Mar 21- Look Me In The Eyes Tour, Jonas Brothers with Rooney
    Aug 27- Burnin' Up Tour, Jonas Brothers with Demi Lovato, The Veronicas, and BIG ROB!

march 09 SENIOR TRIP

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed.

We don't live far from STL Six Flags and I think I've been to Disney more times than I've been to Six Flags - or at least it's getting close to that. I don't really care to ever go back again.
    Although we feel like we could live at Disney and never get tired of it! Maybe one day our dream of living there will come true.
    5/04 - Caribbean Beach
    5/05 - Caribbean Beach
    11/06 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Honeymoon)
    6/07 - Caribbean Beach
    10/08 - SSR (for DS's 1st B-day)

DVC Owners @ AKV as of 4/08
    Next Trip: 6/09 - SWW!

Post Thanks / Like

Disney ROX!!!
    Brett

"Please stand clear of the doors...Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas"
    - Monorail

"Good news....we've made it WORSE!" TOT4

"But why's the rum gone?" - Captain Jack Sparrow

Post Thanks / Like

I am in total agreement with Marker. You try not to compare but there is no helping it. Yes Disney is not perfect (ride clsures,Fantasmic cut downs, updated ride refurbs) but for me everything else makes up for it. I was talking with my wife the other night about going to a local amusment park and to tell you honestly I cannot do it... I would just rather wait until I get to Disney.

Dean
    Twitter = DVC5571

Apr 04--First trip ever--30th Birthday Present
    Dec 05--Off Site (Honeymoon)
    Oct 07-- On Stie POP
    Feb 09-- Off Site -AK day trip
    Sept 10 -- Onsite -Coronodo Springs

Member of the Tommorowland Metro-Retro Historical Society

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: