Quantcast Just looked at the date & realized we leave 1 month from today! :)

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just looked at the date & realized we leave 1 month from today! :)

Wow! I can't share the excitement with my family, because it is a complete surprise for the kids DH and I don't really talk about it for fear of one of them hearing us...so it's just something in the back of his mind (and often on mine, LOL). So excited, I hope I can actually pull this off and not blow it. One of our boys mentioned something today about not wanting to go back to school and how we should do something that last week before school starts. I used the opportunity to say, "maybe we'll go up to New Hampshire or something" (we're flying out of there this time...we've never done that and I don't think they even know there's an airport there). The suspense is killing me. Thanks for letting me share my excitement here.
    BCV- April '09 Beach Club Villas w/friends (9 kids- 18 of us total)
    ASSp- Aug '08- free dining
    AKV Savanna and SSR - Sept-Oct '07
    DVC Members-Saratoga Springs as of Aug '06
    YC- Oct '04 (first trip for our 5 kids)
    Former FL resident w/numerous day visits in '80's & '90's.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default dis soon

we did this last feb. we drove and went to see my cousin in TN and left her house at their bedtime. When they woke up we had to force them out of the car cause they were still sleepy. They got out and said, did you get lost where are we? We were in FW overflow lot. They looked up in the sky and just grinned from ear to ear when I said we were in Disney world. My oldest daughter immediately became very concerned about reservations. I said dont worry, mommy planned everything! It was the greatest thing EVER!!! You can totally pull this off. yay!!! We leave in 38 days! How exciting. I am already starting to get things printed out, getting ipods loaded, and such and such. I can't wait!
    A man should never neglect his family for business.-Walt Disney
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD
    Feb12-Off
    Sep12-BCV/Pop
    Jan13-FW/AOA
    Feb13-CBR
    Sept13-Dland
    Dec13-FW

Post Thanks / Like

That is so awesome! I've still got 5 months (exactly!) before I surprise my kids with their trip- I hope I have as much luck as you've had! Have a great trip!
    Dawn, AKA Grumpy's daughter (yes, that's what we call my Dad!)Been there, Done that, Want to go back NOW!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

How exciting!! Have a beautiful trip!
    I have never been able to pull off a surprise like this, but I love the idea of it!!
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

I would never be able to keep it a secret! I would burst. I get so excited for a trip that my whole family just rolls their eyes at me anytime I mention it (I may be a little obsessive )

Good job keeping it a secret so far. The looks on their faces will be priceless.

Have a great trip!
    Dec 2010 AKL
    May 2009 POFQ
    Oct 2008 Pop
    X-Mas 2007-POFQ
    May 2006 Pop
    June 2005 ASMu
    May 2002-Off Site
    Dec. 1999-Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

How exciting!! You'll be in the single digits before you know it! And how cool for your kids...I can just imagine the looks on their faces when they realize WHERE they're going!
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

It'll be here before you know it! What a great surprise for the kids!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

That's so cool....I can't help but go on and on about our trip so I could never pull that off

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Yea for you! We still have 53 days. I LOVE the idea of keeping it a secret & had never thought about it until I come across Intercot & now I can't wait til the next trip so I can just that. I don't think I would've done it this trip even if I had thought about it because it's their (DD7 & DS5) first time so they probably wouldn't have even know what Disney really was. We had to watch shows & videos & stuff online so now they're really excited. Have fun & Good Luck holding it in.
    Upcoming Trip - 9/2012
    9/18/10-9/25/10 POP (kids stay & play free)
    9/17/08-9/24/08 POP (free dining)
    9/2000 CBR
    9/1998 Offsite
    9/1996 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Hi. we are also going one month from today and we can't wait either. I have not kept it a secret from my kids. I never could, even though I think it would be really cool to do that. My older kids are 16 and 13 and it would upset their social life if they couldn't plan around our trip. We are staying at Pop Century. Hope you have a great time.

Lisa

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sardanem View Post
    My older kids are 16 and 13 and it would upset their social life if they couldn't plan around our trip. We are staying at Pop Century. Hope you have a great time. Lisa
    Our oldest DD is 16 and I actually let her in on it before I bought the tickets. She plays on the high school field hockey team, and they are in pre-season the week we go. I gave her the option and swore her to secrecy. We checked with her coach, and she didn't want our DD to miss pre-season. So, we arranged for her to stay with a friend. It'll just be our youngest 4...who will be insanely excited. We have a trip planned to go with our close friends for April vacation next year...so whenever I can't contain myself and HAVE to talk Disney ... I start rambling on about our April '09 trip. I did this August one on a whim to try the free dining and I thought it would be a great way to end the summer...since the boys always get so depressed about going back to school. We're staying at ASSports...I think our boys will really like that and our youngest DD's won't care where we stay anyway

THANKS for all of the good wishes everyone!!!
    BCV- April '09 Beach Club Villas w/friends (9 kids- 18 of us total)
    ASSp- Aug '08- free dining
    AKV Savanna and SSR - Sept-Oct '07
    DVC Members-Saratoga Springs as of Aug '06
    YC- Oct '04 (first trip for our 5 kids)
    Former FL resident w/numerous day visits in '80's & '90's.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

How very exciting!!! We are doing a surprise for our girls, too, but not 'til December, and I have to confess, I am almost always aware of where we are in our countdown... ... although there are times a week sneaks by and I'm so thrilled to see that the number of days has "dropped" so much!!

I can't imagine how excited I'll be when we hit a month... mostly b/c I'll have pulled of the biggest surprise of their life, which will be a miracle!! Like you and your DH, we don't talk about it much for fear of them figuring it out, and it's SO hard not to spill it by accident when we're out shopping and I see something that'd be cute for the trip, etc.!!!

So, kudos to you for pulling it off -- I hope you guys have a GREAT trip -- you'll have to fill us in on how the surprise goes!!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Have a Magical Vacation!
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

What a secret to have to keep, I would be busting at the seems!!! Have a great trip!!!We go the beginning of Oct.
    Disneyland 1969-1988
    ASM 2000
    ASM 2002
    ASM 2003
    ASM 2004
    Pop 2004 (50's)
    Pop Oct.2006(70's)
    Pop May 2007(50's)
    Pop Dec.2007(60's)
    Pop Oct.2008
    PORS May 2010
    Wilderness Lodge 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Have a great time with both keeping the secret (try not to let a Goofy grin at odd times give it away) and the trip when it arrives.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: