Quantcast Anniversary Ideas?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anniversary Ideas?

Hello all!

My husband and I are going to Disney World for the first time for our 5 year anniversary. I have been planning for months but I have yet to come up with an idea for surprising my wonderful husband. He works incredibly hard so I can stay home with our 2 year old son and I would like to surprise him at some point during our trip. We arrive on our actual anniversary and will be staying for 5 nights. The problem is that we have stretched our budget completely just to go on the trip so I can't afford to do anything expensive. Does anyone have any budget friendly ideas?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure if you would consider this expensive but for about $100 you can give your husband the Richard Petty Drive Along Experience.

He did the ride along as an extra (I gave him the Rookie experience) and he really enjoyed being in the car with a professional driver to see what the car could really do.
    74 Off Site
    98 Contemporary & DCL inaugural cruise
    99 Dixie Landings
    00 Dixie Landings
    01 POR & DCL
    02 AKL & DCL
    03 VB
    04 DL GC
    05 ASSp, VWL, GF
    06 POFQ, CSR, OKW
    07 ASMo & VWL
    08 Pop VWL
    09 BW, POR, VWL, CSR
    10 WL
    12 VWL, AKL Club
    13 VWL, WL Club

Post Thanks / Like

Default Welcome to Intercot!

Congratulations on your 5th anniversary!

I wish I had some super-great ideas, but I don't. My husband and I have been married for 13 years and each time we just look at each other and say "I can't believe it's been ____ years!" and that is pretty much the extent of it. We are clearly not big gift givers. But I can offer you some advice. The things that we remember the most have always been the places we've gone and things we have done together and less the gifts we buy. I think it is absolutely fabulous that you are spending your special day at the World. You can pick up special anniversary pins at Disney guest relations center or the front desk if you are staying on property and the cast members will be sure to make you time there special.

Take your time and enjoy yourselves, take tons of pictures and take advantage of photopass so everyone can get in the picture!

Also, you've come to the right place - I am sure the people here will have some great ideas.
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=cer;1695266] We are clearly not big gift givers. But I can offer you some advice. The things that we remember the most have always been the places we've gone and things we have done together and less the gifts we buy. I think it is absolutely fabulous that you are spending your special day at the World. You can pick up special anniversary pins at Disney guest relations center or the front desk if you are staying on property and the cast members will be sure to make you time there special.

Take your time and enjoy yourselves, take tons of pictures and take advantage of photopass so everyone can get in the picture!

I couldn't agree more that the memories are better than material things. I think that is what I wanted to do, create a special memory for him.

We are staying at all star sports so we will be sure to get our pins. Can we get those when we check in?

Thank you, I love Intercot!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, you should be able to get the pins at check-in. My parents came with us last trip and we got them some "First Time at Disney" pins at check in.

Wow. Now that I think about it, ya'll will qualify for TWO pins!
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anniversary Ideas?

Congrats! I would suggest spending an evening at EPCOT and walking through all of the countries in World Showcase, the only cost is your admission to EPCOT which you will probably be going to anyways! It will give you the feeling of being at the different countries and you can say you spent your anniversary traveling around the World. Take pictures in each country with the icons of each country in the background. My husband and I did this on our wedding day back in 2002.

Kimber
    WDWCP Fall 1990
    1991 Friends Apt
    1993 Sister at Vista Way
    1994-1998 CBR
    2001/2002 ASS; ASMo;Timeshare
    2003 - ASMo
    2005/2006 - Timeshare
    2007 - ASMu
    2009 -- Pop!; POR
    2010 -- Hong Kong Disneyland Hollywood Hotel

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations! My DH and I are also going for our anniversary! It'll be our 8th (which is in 15 days!).
    I think Epcot is a great place to spend your anniversary! It may seem silly, but I think going on Soarin' could be very romantic. DH and I weren't on this together last time b/c we did babyswap, and I remember wishing we had been on together and could have held hands.

Also, walking through the different "countries" can be very romantic! You can make a reservation at a restaurant, or just grab a quick bite or a snack and drink and sit outside soaking up the atmosphere.

You could also enjoy a ride on a friendship boat and take a trip over to Beaches & Cream (Beach Club), or over the DHS. I love the Disney boats, especially after dark.

Another fun thing to do is go to WL from MK (you could grab a bite to eat there, or just check out the resort). If you time it right, you can see the electrical water pageant, which is really cool, and might even see wishes from the boat!

I'm sure whatever you do, it'll be a magical anniversary!
    "That’s the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." ~Walt Disney

Disneyland 1987
    WDW 1992
    POFQ 6/25/01-7/1/01
    POP 6/26/06-7/1/06
    POP 8/4/08-8/9/08
    POR 8/5/09-8/12/09
    POR 10/27-10/31
    Next Trip- POR 6/23-6/28

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I just can't wait to be on our way!

Post Thanks / Like

I send the nomination for the Richard Petty Ride along. I surprised DH with it for our anniversary and he was thrilled. Like a 4 year old at Christmas!!! I bought him the DVD which was like 45$ but it was pretty worth it. He has watched it numerous times and shows it to everyone. I knew it was something he didn't even know about and he will have that memory forever.

If hes not a nascar person why not rent a boat at the contemporary ( or any of the marinas) and boat around the waterways for an hour or two? We did this with our kids and it was soo cool to just hang out on the boat and see differnt views of things.

You could head to dinner at the Coral Reef and do Personalized menus for him. They make a nice memento as well if thats somewhere you are interested in eating. I did this as well for annivesary and used pics of us when we were first dating and then wedding pics to make it personal. It turned out great. He didn't even catch it when he first opened the menu!!
    Make a magnet for your door before you leave as well ( use clip art from the internet or a picture) you can buy the magnet stuff at wal mart and print them at home. you need a good exacto knife to cut them out with though unless you just want it square.

Disneyfan328
    Pittsburgh PA
    3/97 - All Star Music
    9/07 Port Orleans Riverside
    May 2009All Star Movie~Wedding Anniversary!
    January 2012 All Star Movies
    December 2013 - All Star Movies to celebrate birthdays!
    Planning our December 2015 "Paige's Sweet 16" Birthday Trip -Art of Animation!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure what you've got planned for dining but if you're on the dining plan or have already worked in a nice dinner in your budget you could get a special cake. I know that if you're eating at the GF they even do a little mini castle cake for something like $25-30 (not positive but I think it's around there). It looks to be a nice size (very tiney) for two people after eating a big meal. I've read that you can can the GF Bakery at 407-824-2474 and up to 72 hours in advance (possibly less) they can make this up for you. Or if you have a special meal planned at any table service you can order a cake to be delivered for dessert. I'm sure if you call the dining line they would be able to either give you more info or direct you to the correct people.

Happy Anniversary
    Kristina
    "A dream can be a dream come true, with just that spark in me and you" - Figment & Dreamfinder

Oct 2017 WL
    Oct 2014 WL
    May 2013 WL (DS 1st Trip) - Club Level
    Sep 2010 WL
    May 09 WL
    Oct 08 Poly
    Jun 07 WL (Disneymoon)
    Jul 04 WL
    Apr 2000 GF
    1982-1999 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

I love the cake idea as well as the personalized menu. These are such wonderful ideas, I may have to use them all!

We are the dining plan but we aren't eating at any really nice places unless you count Tokyo Dining. We like to go to fun, casual places like Biergarten or Sci Fi. We need to be entertained - isn't that sad?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Figment104 View Post
    I'm not sure what you've got planned for dining but if you're on the dining plan or have already worked in a nice dinner in your budget you could get a special cake. I know that if you're eating at the GF they even do a little mini castle cake for something like $25-30 (not positive but I think it's around there). It looks to be a nice size (very tiney) for two people after eating a big meal. I've read that you can can the GF Bakery at 407-824-2474 and up to 72 hours in advance (possibly less) they can make this up for you. Or if you have a special meal planned at any table service you can order a cake to be delivered for dessert. I'm sure if you call the dining line they would be able to either give you more info or direct you to the correct people.

Happy Anniversary

This is a beautiful cake! I saw a pic of it a couple months ago, and gave DH info on ordering it for us (me) for our anniversary dinner. It is very reasonably priced and looks like it's filled w/ Disney Magic!
    "That’s the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." ~Walt Disney

Disneyland 1987
    WDW 1992
    POFQ 6/25/01-7/1/01
    POP 6/26/06-7/1/06
    POP 8/4/08-8/9/08
    POR 8/5/09-8/12/09
    POR 10/27-10/31
    Next Trip- POR 6/23-6/28

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone have a picture of this cake or any of the other cakes they offer or know where there is pictures available ? And Happy Anniversary !!