Quantcast Has Anyone Ever Met Their "Significant Other" at DisneyWorld?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Has Anyone Ever Met Their "Significant Other" at DisneyWorld?

A strange question, I know, but has anyone on these boards ever met their "Significant Other" at DisneyWorld? On a blind date? Met someone at one of the Parks, and really hit it off?

On three occasions over the years, I thought I had. One was a girl who worked at the Haunted Mansion. The second was a girl who worked on the trams at the Magic Kingdom. She had been a computer programmer, but quit to work at Disney, which was a dream of hers. The third was this girl I bumped into at the Tower Of Terror. But she was with 2 of her girlfriends, who wanted to keep it a "Disney Day for girls only!" lol

Another thought: If anyone here HAS met their "Significant Other" at DisneyWorld, did you get married somewhere on Disney Property?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Not at WDW, but at Orlando International Airport on the way to WDW. She was coming from LAX, I was coming from Toronto.

Of course, she had already been the girl of my dreams for the past almost 30 years and we were meeting there for our anniversary.

Probably not what you wanted to know.
    Officially too many trips to list here!

Post Thanks / Like

Not at Disney either, but it was at a theme park. I was a ride operator and she was a guest. She and her friends rode the ride over and over until her cousin said she was tired of the same ride and told me to ask for her number. That was in 1997, we got married in 2001 and honeymooned at Disney. We love going to parks.

Also we just had our second son born just this past Thursday.
    Justin ├o┤﴾o﴿├o┤

Apr 83 - Offsite
    Aug 83 - FW
    Aug 85 - FW
    Aug 87 - FW
    Sep 01 - All Star(Honeymoon)
    Jun 05 - FW
    Dec 07 - FW
    Mar 08 - FW
    Aug 08 - Disneyland (Offsite)
    Dec 09 - FW
    Feb 10 - Offsite-Business Trip
    Sep 10 - All Star
    Next Trip?

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on the baby!!
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

My wife and I new of each other at school, but we first officially hit it off, FLIRTING, at MK one day. We spent the whole day laughing and hanging out. We call it our first date, and 7 years later we are married with a new disney fan, our baby boy
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if she's my significant other....but...last september i went to disney w/ my best friend and sister. on our last day, we only had half a day and it was raining/misting. My sister stayed at the hotel, my friend got up early and hit the park. I was kind of indecisive what i wanted to do. we were staying at the all-star music. I literally stood under the over hang trying to decide if i should go to the park or not for about 30 minutes. finally i decided what the heck. on the bus i sat next to a girl and we started talking. she said it was their first day there. she was there w/ her mom and dad, and her daughter. she said that when she divorced her husband, her dad said he was so excited to celebebrate he was taking the family to disneyworld and she and her mom held him to it! by the time we got to Magic Kingdom, it was as the muppets say, we were old friends, that had just met. We spent the next couple hours running around the park together. the park was empty because of the rain, that had let up. it was really a fun time going from ride to ride, and no waiting. i left but we exchanged phone numbers. she sent me many texts and pictures of their remaining days at disney, so it was almost as if i got a small extended vacation. We have continued to talk on the phone almost every night. She's visited me a couple times. I'm going back in Decmeber, and she's going to meet me there...
    it was truly a magical day!ha
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ransam View Post
    I don't know if she's my significant other....but...last september i went to disney w/ my best friend and sister. on our last day, we only had half a day and it was raining/misting. My sister stayed at the hotel, my friend got up early and hit the park. I was kind of indecisive what i wanted to do. we were staying at the all-star music. I literally stood under the over hang trying to decide if i should go to the park or not for about 30 minutes. finally i decided what the heck. on the bus i sat next to a girl and we started talking. she said it was their first day there. she was there w/ her mom and dad, and her daughter. she said that when she divorced her husband, her dad said he was so excited to celebebrate he was taking the family to disneyworld and she and her mom held him to it! by the time we got to Magic Kingdom, it was as the muppets say, we were old friends, that had just met. We spent the next couple hours running around the park together. the park was empty because of the rain, that had let up. it was really a fun time going from ride to ride, and no waiting. i left but we exchanged phone numbers. she sent me many texts and pictures of their remaining days at disney, so it was almost as if i got a small extended vacation. We have continued to talk on the phone almost every night. She's visited me a couple times. I'm going back in Decmeber, and she's going to meet me there...
    it was truly a magical day!ha
    aww..what a great story..hope things work out..
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I did meet my girlfriend on Intercot.

And I know that one day in the future, we would like to get married in WDW.

So even though we didn't meet in WDW, I'd say our romantic life pretty much revolves around the place.
    86- Offsite
    95- Offsite
    01- All-Star Music
    03- Offsite
    05- Polynesian and Pop Century
    07- All-Star Music
    07- Beach Club
    08 - Pop Century
    09- Old Key West

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

When we were at WDW in April, I met my wife every day just before lunch.

I'd get up early and head to the parks, and she'd relax and sleep in. Then when she got up, she'd call, and we'd meet for lunch. So yeah, I met her every day.
    Marker from MO

Post Thanks / Like

My wife and I met while on the WDW College Program back in the summer of '98. We didn't actually start dating until three and a half years ago and got married in January.

When we met, she was actually dating my roommate which in most cases could lead to some awkwardness down the line. For us, it didn't, and my my old roommate/her ex-boyfriend was a groomsman in our wedding!
    -Phil-

"The future is no place to place your better days."--Dave Matthews
    "Be fair, alright, everyone wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride."--Mallrats

"The Philadelphia Phillies are 2008 World Champions of Baseball!"

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: