Quantcast Journey Into Narnia: Prince Caspian Opening Soon at Disney’s Hollywood Studios

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Journey Into Narnia: Prince Caspian Opening Soon at Disney’s Hollywood Studios

**Please Note**
    The following Press Release describes some parts of the forthcoming Journey Into Narnia; Prince Caspian attraction in detail. Do not read the following Press Release if you wish to be completely surprised by the new attraction.

------------------------------

Journey Into Narnia: Prince Caspian Opening Soon at Disney’s Hollywood Studios

Walt Disney World Resort Press Release
    May 14, 2008

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- This summer, some of the characters from C.S. Lewis's timeless fantasy The Chronicles of Narnia come to life at Walt Disney World in Florida. Journey Into Narnia: Prince Caspian, an all-new soundstage attraction at Disney's Hollywood Studios, offers an in-depth and unique look into the making of "The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian" (released in theaters May 16 by Walt Disney Pictures and Walden Media Films).

The journey begins at the queue where guests can test their knowledge of the Narnia stories. Next, guests will have an option of participating in a meet and greet with Prince Caspian himself against a backdrop of the "Dancing Lawn," the location where the Narnians first confront Prince Caspian in the movie. Fans who can't wait to be transported will have the option to head directly into the new movie attraction Journey Into Narnia: Prince Caspian.

The attraction opens with a narration from the film's director, Andrew Adamson, who explains the behind-the-scenes footage of the making of "The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian." Guests then pass through an archway carved into stone that reveals an underground vault which holds the stone table where, in the first movie, Aslan sacrificed himself.

"Guests and fans alike will be drawn into a different world as they enter the Narnia portal," says Dave Hoffman, art director for Walt Disney Imagineering. "By using audio and visual effects with multiple surround screens, we immerse guests into The Chronicles of Narnia like never before."

In addition to the immersive, behind-the-scenes experience, guests can view authentic props from the movie set and costumes worn by the actors and actresses in the film. Even the structure of "Aslan's How," which is visible as guests "cross over" into Narnia, was cast from the same molds as the one used in the actual film.

The attraction itself will open in early summer but the meet and greet experience with Prince Caspian is currently open for guests to enjoy. Guests will find it located at Soundstage 4, between Walt Disney: One Man's Dream and Toy Story Mania!, at Disney's Hollywood Studios.

Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Figment! I hope it is open when we go in June!!

Post Thanks / Like

I sure hope this is better than the first one.

Past Trips
    December 14-16, 2009- 25th Birthday WL
    May 15-20 - Gracie's Disney
    May 2, 2009 - 7 Night DCL Western
    Oct 30, 2008- DCL 3 nights
    April 27- Sports
    DCL April 28th 7 Night Eastern Carribean
    May 22-All Star Movie
    March 4th- 4 Night DCL
    Jan 31-Feb 2 - AKL
    30+ !

Post Thanks / Like

Default omg!!!!!!!!

oh mi gosh im such a huge fan of the movies i cant belive that there is gonna be a ride!!!!!!!!!!!

'01 Old key West
    '04 offsite
    '06 Saratoga Springs resort
    '07 Saratoga Springs resort
    upcoming trip feb '09

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of everyday

JONAS BROTHERS<33

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by chelly4568
    oh mi gosh im such a huge fan of the movies i cant belive that there is gonna be a ride!!!!!!!!!!!
    There isn't.

Journey into Narnia: Prince Caspian is a hybrid walk-through exhibit / Character Meet & Greet.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateStitch View Post
    I sure hope this is better than the first one.
    It certainly could not be worse
    May'98-WL
    Sept'01-POFQ
    Oct'03-ASM
    Aug'04-CBR & Charley
    Dec'05- WL-Joined DVC
    June'06- DL's Grand Californian
    Nov '06 SSR
    Oct '07 SSR with extended family
    Oct '08 Disney Wonder/OKW
    Nov '09 AKV @ Kidani
    Nov '10 Kidani
    Nov '11 VWL
    May-June 13 Kidani
    Feb-March '14 SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Default Has this opened yet?

Wasn't it scheduled for may 23rd? is it open yet?
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

Post Thanks / Like

I'm certainly curious to hear the reviews on this one . . . we totally skipped the first Narnia exhibit based on the poor reviews (BORING/no real interest) that it received here on Intercot. I'd love to take DS in if it's going to be worth it, since we just saw the movie yesterday - but neither do I want to waste our time on this exhibit if it's a bust!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

As with most things at MGM, I will be skipping this one as well. The last one left a bad taste in my mouth, and I can't see this one being much better.

Press Releases make everything sound better than it is, and this press release does nothing for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    As with most things at MGM, I will be skipping this one as well. The last one left a bad taste in my mouth, and I can't see this one being much better.

Press Releases make everything sound better than it is, and this press release does nothing for me.

The DH and I were very disappointed with the first exhibit. In fact, we were there last Thursday, and I couldn't even get him to walk over the the Prince Caspian photo thing. I'll probably end up going through it by myself this summer, but I am really hoping Disney stepped it up this time around. It seems like a lot of people were very disappointed, and have every right to be. I mean you stood in like for 60 minutes for nothing. It wasn't satisfyinng at all. but, heres to trying to me optimistic!

Past Trips
    December 14-16, 2009- 25th Birthday WL
    May 15-20 - Gracie's Disney
    May 2, 2009 - 7 Night DCL Western
    Oct 30, 2008- DCL 3 nights
    April 27- Sports
    DCL April 28th 7 Night Eastern Carribean
    May 22-All Star Movie
    March 4th- 4 Night DCL
    Jan 31-Feb 2 - AKL
    30+ !

Share This Thread On Social Media: