Quantcast Garden Grill Lunch Ends 10/08 & Liberty Tree Tavern Character Dinner Ends 1/09

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Garden Grill Lunch Ends 10/08 & Liberty Tree Tavern Character Dinner Ends 1/09

Message updated by Figment! on 07-03-2008

Important Updates / Corrections:

Dining Reservations has been able to clarify that Lunch service at Garden Grill ends October 5, 2008. The location will only be open for Dinner service starting at 4:30 pm effective October 6, 2008.

Guests with Lunch reservations after October 5, 2008 should call to make alternative arrangements. Although Disney will likely contact the affected Guests, they do appear to be doing so in an expeditious manner thus far.

As previously noted, Goofy's Liberate Your Appetite Character Dinner at the Liberty Tree Tavern will be discontinued January 5, 2009. The final offering will be January 4, 2009.

Message originally posted by kadesha on 06-28-2008

I just called Disney Dining and they confirmed that effective October 5, 2008 there will be no characters at Lunch at the Garden Grill anymore.

Thankfully, I was able to get an evening ADR. Any of you who have ADR's for lunch and are hoping to meet the characters need to call ASAP to try to get a dinner ADR!

Well it's not just Garden Grill . Liberty Tree Tavern will no longer have a character dinner starting January 5, 2009. Not at any meal!! This is so dishearting, I will miss meeting the characters at these places. Character meals are always booked, it just doesn't make sense that they are taking them away instead of adding more!

If you have any doubts about your ADR's, please call and check them. I think it's so sad for everyone who has a lunch booked at GG hoping to meet the characters after October 5. I hope everyone is able to get new ADR's!
    Last edited by Figment!; 07-03-2008 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Added updates / corrections
    Last trips: August 06, May 07, November 08, June 09
    Next trip: May 21-30, 2012

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't have ADRs for this, but I was planning to. I hate that they are changing it!
    Mickey Mom of 2
    Coming Up: All-Star Sports 11/08
    Coming Up: CSR 3/09
    All-Star Sports 9/07
    Disneyland 10/06
    WDW Dolphin 7/04
    Off - Site 3/98
    Off - Site 6/93
    Off - Site 4/91
    Off - Site 3/83

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear this. We have enjoyed this lunch several times, and will miss it in the future.
    1975-2000 Family Trips, FW
    Nov 2005- FW
    June 2006- FW
    Feb 2007- FW
    Dec 2007- POFQ
    Feb 2008- POR
    July 2008- WL
    Dec 2008- FW
    Feb 2012- POFQ
    Herb
    Proud Passholder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kadesha View Post
    Nevermind. I just called Disney Dining and they confirmed that effective October 5 there will be no characters at Lunch at the Garden Grill anymore. Thankfully, I was able to get an evening ADR. Any of you who have ADR's for lunch and are hoping to meet the characters need to call ASAP to try to get a dinner ADR!
    After reading this I had to call and reconfirm our Oct 2 lunch ADR .. its our DDs 18th birthay that day and where the magic began for our family 14 years ago on her 4th birthday. It was the very first thing we ever did in WDW (we also went here for her 10 & 13 birthday ) so its our most endearing place to have a character meal. Im glad theyre leaving it open long enough for my family to celebrate another pivotal birthday.

Its funny how things come full circle. We always say that our DD really started her childhood in WDW and now she is turning into an adult there too. Garden Grill has gone through its own growths and changes and now is moving on to a different phase as well.

sighhhhh

One last ho-down with Mickey & the gang
    '94-DVC OKW * '94-'96 OKW * '97 OKW, BWV * '98 OKW, DI * '99 OKW, FW * '00 OKW, VB * '01 OKW,Y&BC,BWV * '02 SSR * '03-'05 OKW*2006 BWV,AKL*'07 OKW * '08 AKV, SSR * '10 BLT * '11 BLT Next: 03/13 WL

Post Thanks / Like

Really stinks about LLT. I wonder what they are planning on doing if it is going to remain the same or something different. It was always packed when we went.
    POP Century - September 2006
    POP Century - September 2009
    POP Century - September 2011
    Port Orleans Riverside - September 2013
    POP Century - September 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Grumpy View Post
    Really stinks about LLT. I wonder what they are planning on doing if it is going to remain the same or something different. It was always packed when we went.
    I've heard that it's going to just be dinner, no characters. Food prices will stay the same. (I can't provide any proof for that though)
    Last trips: August 06, May 07, November 08, June 09
    Next trip: May 21-30, 2012

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kadesha View Post
    I've heard that it's going to just be dinner, no characters. Food prices will stay the same. (I can't provide any proof for that though)
    That's what I have been reading also.
    POP Century - September 2006
    POP Century - September 2009
    POP Century - September 2011
    Port Orleans Riverside - September 2013
    POP Century - September 2015

Post Thanks / Like

I posted "Looking for. . ." to get info about GG lunch. We now changed lunch with DNephew to breakfast at O'hana. I am so upset - we had always wanted GG.

CM told us on the phone they will be contacting guests with ressies for lunch to notify of change. We beat them to the chase thanks to your post.

#35 - SSR 05/16
    34 trips
    2015 SSR
    2014 GFV & CBR/ToT 10mi!
    2013 DWL & POFQ
    2012 Bdwlk & SSR
    2010, 2011 OKW
    2009 BLT & SSR
    2008 SSR & AKV
    2007 SSR 2x
    2006 SSR 2x
    '05 DVC!SSR/DCL
    '03,'04, '07 POP
    '98, '99 ASMo
    '95, '96 2x, '97, '98 ASMu
    '89-'94 Off

Post Thanks / Like

Default Why

Why would they remove character lunches and dinners? as a parent its tough to find a good reservation and ensure there is quality character time?
    I am sad that its happening-
    We need MORE variety to the charater meals- More not less-
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

Post Thanks / Like

Please tell me that the characters are only being removed from the LUNCH at GG and not the dinner. GG is a place we've always wanted to have dinner at, characters included. I guess we'll have to make sure to eat here on our next trip incase they do away with the characters at all meals at GG. Does anyone remember the ice cream social with characters that used to be at GG? We had an ADR there once for it and cancelled last minute. The next time we went to WDW the ice cream social was no longer offered and I was mad at us for cancelling it on the previous trip.

I sure am glad we did LTT when they had characters. Its really ashamed that there will only be two character meals at MK now. You have one (well actually 3 if you count Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) geared towards girls at the castle and then you have pooh and friends (geared more towards younger kids) at Crystal Palace. Hard to believe there are no meals with Mickey at MK. It is so sad that they are taking these charater meals away. Not to offend anyone with little princesses, but they went crazy adding all these princess meals and now they are taking away two character meals that both boys and girls can enjoy. It really stinks for boys sometimes.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

We did see Mickey scuba diving in Coral reef the other day- i guess that was pretty rare-

But i am saddened that the character availability will be lessened.
    I think its a stupid move, but maybe we dont have the entire picture.
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by kadesha
    Character meals are always booked, it just doesn't make sense that they are taking them away instead of adding more!
    Internally it has been justified as addressing Guest complaints that there are too few non-character, table service dining options inside the parks.

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom
    Please tell me that the characters are only being removed from the LUNCH at GG and not the dinner.
    This is currently the case. The Character offerings have only been announced to be removed from the Lunch seatings.
    Figment! aka Jason șoș
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

This saddens me greatly as well - GG has become a must-do for lunch with us. However, without the wonderful character interaction, it won't be nearly as special.

I think its a stupid move, but maybe we dont have the entire picture.
    Mack, you might be onto something here - how about several of the clubs at Pleasure Island that are slated to close in September be turned into dining experiences with the characters, including the villains? Anyone want to speculate on that one? The character meals have got to be a huge money-maker for them . . . .
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

So will the characters be there on 10/5? We have lunch reservations that day as it's DS 1st bday lunch. I guess I better be calling now to check.

**UPDATE** Just called and we still have our reservation. I was told that Sunday, 10/5 was the last day they will be serving lunch. WHEW! Crisis averted for us!
    5/04 - Caribbean Beach
    5/05 - Caribbean Beach
    11/06 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Honeymoon)
    6/07 - Caribbean Beach
    10/08 - SSR (for DS's 1st B-day)

DVC Owners @ AKV as of 4/08
    Next Trip: 6/09 - SWW!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Figment! View Post
    Internally it has been justified as addressing Guest complaints that there are too few non-character, table service dining options inside the parks.
    Wow! People asking for less character interaction is very un-disney like
    The LTT character meal will be greatly missed by us. It's been a must do every vacation.
    șoș Joe șoș
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Dolphin - May '99
    Pop - July '04
    ASMu - Sept '05
    Pop - Sept '06
    Pop - Sept '07
    Pop - Sept '08
    Pop - Sept '09
    Pop - Sept '10 HONEYMOON
    Pop - Sept '11
    Pop - Nov '12
    Pop NYE '13/'14
    NEXT TRIP - Pop - Nov 9th-16th '14

Post Thanks / Like

which characters were at the LTT?
    i remember - Chip n Dale, mickey and Pluto at GG
    Bryan

Post Thanks / Like

Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Chip & Dale.
    șoș Joe șoș
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Dolphin - May '99
    Pop - July '04
    ASMu - Sept '05
    Pop - Sept '06
    Pop - Sept '07
    Pop - Sept '08
    Pop - Sept '09
    Pop - Sept '10 HONEYMOON
    Pop - Sept '11
    Pop - Nov '12
    Pop NYE '13/'14
    NEXT TRIP - Pop - Nov 9th-16th '14

Post Thanks / Like

1) Regrettable, but I do like the idea.
    2) It was getting to be that you couldn't eat except at character meals.
    3) I know of lots of people who complained that they wanted less character meals.
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

So is it only for lunches at LT and GG or are dinners also being effected? Sorry to ask this question but there is conflicting information within the thread.

I kind of have to agree about the lack of dining choices within MK that don't have characters in them and are sit down. Really there is only Tony's and for us that is In fact typically we avoid eating TS at MK and stick to CS - if we want TS we tend to go to the resorts where we can eat at CA Grill, Ohana's, Kona, and Whispering Canyon.

~Amanda
    "They punch a hole in the sky with FIRE and MATH!" - Gary podcast #19

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Septbride2002 View Post
    So is it only for lunches at LT and GG or are dinners also being effected? Sorry to ask this question but there is conflicting information within the thread.
    I believe that only GG lunch and LTT dinner are affected. LTT lunch already does not have characters.
    Last edited by Aggie97; 06-30-2008 at 06:17 PM. Reason: clarification
    șOș April șOș

Next trips: GF Sept. '14, WL Jan. - Feb. '15!
    Previous stays: WL, AKL, Polynesian, POFQ, Newport Bay Club (DLP), DL Hotel, GF, DxL

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: