Quantcast Some Pixie Dust Please

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Some Pixie Dust Please

I just finished posting this bulletin on our band's page. I knew if I came here and asked, that you're the kind of people who would pray and send pixie dust and best wishes to our bassist and his family.
    Please read:

THE SHOW WILL GO ON
    Despite what may have been said before, we try dilligently to make all shows if at all possible. With that being said...

This Saturday, RELIX is set to return to JOCK DANIEL'S in Bunkie, LA.

Today, our bassist Chad called to let us know his Dad has a serious lung infection and is in ICU. As of his last call, his Dad had been stabilized, but he has a history of lung problems as well as other medical issues, and doctors are saying it'll be 48 hours before they can say for sure if he's going to bounce back from this.

We of course are very concerned not only for his Dad, but Chad as well, as this can be a very emotional time. He's at his side around the clock, and worn to a frazzle. He told us that if his Dad is clear and out of ICU and doing better by noon Saturday he'll try to do the show, but if not he will be remaining at the hospital. We in RELIX of course are in full support of this, have tired to reassure Chad to do what he needs to do right now, and are all praying for the best outcome for Chad and his family during this.

To avoid cancelling the show, John will be switching over from Rhythm guitar (and 12-String) to pull Bass guitar duties. He is nowhere near the talented bassist Chad is, but he does know his way around the instrument, having played it quite a bit for studio projects and to help out others as a session musician in the past, and the set-list has been adjusted accordingly to allow for songs he and the rest of the band feel they can comfortably pull off as a 3 piece.

John says; "Selfishly, there's like a 2% part of me that wants Chad to show up, but the rational 98% of me wants him to be where he is with his family. Having lost both of my own parents, I can understand his anxiety right now at wanting to be at his Dad's side until he is better.
    "

So the show WILL GO ON... and we will be doing it with our brother on our minds. Thanks for reading... we hope you'll join us in sending best wishes to the Montgomery Family right now.
    I am a little scared as well, because my bass skills have gotten rusty, as well as the strings on my bass when I went to pull it out of the closet. But all kidding aside... keep Chad in your thoughts if ya would?
    AKA: FlyingIceman - Ice Rocker
    DLR every Summer from '67 - '76
    WDW Feb. '02

DLR Oct. '02

WDW Jan. '04
    WDW Christmas '04 (ASMusic)
    WDW Christmas '06 (Pop Century)

DLR Oct. '07 (Paradise Pier)

WDW Sept. '08 (ASMovies & PO French Quarter)
    Next Trip? Christmas '10

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

for Chad's Dad - sure hope he's ok...

It's tough when someone close is hospitalized - all you can do is be there to love and support that person.

I'm sure Chad is thankful to have wonderful friends around to support him and his family.
    Disney is life......the rest is just details!

Post Thanks / Like

Pixie dust and good thoughts coming your way for everyone that needs them now. Hang in there, life is just a bunch of lemons that sometimes can be lemonade if we do.
    VMK Nachocat

Post Thanks / Like

on the way.

I have a solution for your rusty bass skills as well a couple of Bass Player sponsored kegs in the parking lot will forgive many mistakes
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Here's some

Hope everything is alright Ice.
    Chris

Recent Trips

January 09
    May 08
    Oct-Nov 07

May 07

Post Thanks / Like

Thinking of you guys!

Zip A Dee Doo Dah…Zip A Dee Day
    More Disney Fun Is On The Way
    Stay Tuned For Lots Of Fun Things
    To Zip A Dee Doo During Your Stay
    Up Next ~ Water Parks! Retro Resort TV

If you can't be there...be here!

Now Wishing I Was Standing In Line

Post Thanks / Like

for your bassists family - especially his Dad
    '94-DVC OKW * '94-'96 OKW * '97 OKW, BWV * '98 OKW, DI * '99 OKW, FW * '00 OKW, VB * '01 OKW,Y&BC,BWV * '02 SSR * '03-'05 OKW*2006 BWV,AKL*'07 OKW * '08 AKV, SSR * '10 BLT * '11 BLT Next: 03/13 WL

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't heard any news or updates, which may be good or bad, considering he is usually such a chatterbox. When next he call's though I will be very happy to let him know that y'all are out there sending best wishes!!
    As an aside;
    JPL: "I have a solution for your rusty bass skills as well a couple of Bass Player sponsored kegs in the parking lot will forgive many mistakes"
    So, what I'm hearing is bribery may make the crowd overlook my lack of bass playing acrobatics? Wish I'd a thought of that sooner... coulda swiped some cool psychotropic medicine before I left work today and spiked the booze!
    And, I managed to sneak outta work a few minutes early and sweet talk the guy who tech's my equipment into restringing my bass for me! So now I don't have to worry about getting tetanus from my rusty strings...
    WDW Feb. '02

DLR Oct. '02

WDW Jan. '04

Next Trip? Christmas '10

Post Thanks / Like

Extra pixie dust on the way I'll keep them in my thoughts
    Inferno. RIP VMK.
    -Happiest Place On Earth

Post Thanks / Like

Thoughts and prayers Ice for his family. Sorry this is so late going out, just read the article.

Post Thanks / Like

-Hope Y'all see this UPDATE:-
    Chad called me today to let me know that his Father's Kidney's have shut down, and the doctor's are predicting more organ failure if things don't start turning around.
    Initial problem was pneumonia, as well as a build-up of infected fluid around the lungs. With the Kidneys failed his body isn't processing getting rid of the nasty stuff, so the tried dialysis today; the only upside was that they expected (as is normal apparently) for his already low blood pressure to drop even lower, but instead as they began the procedure his BP rose up to a normal level.
    The man has been battling Cancer for about 10 years, and goes in and out of remission. So far, no mention has been made (and nobody has asked) whether or not his compromised immunity may be affecting the cancer. Other that going home for fresh clothes and to feed his cat, he's been there with his Mom since this all started.
    Since I have to be at the same hospital tomorrow for my 3rd injection, we're going to try to wobble upstairs to the ICU to check in on them.
    WDW Feb. '02

DLR Oct. '02

WDW Jan. '04

Next Trip? Christmas '10

Post Thanks / Like

aww oh no. Poor guy. Its gotta be so tough for him and his Mom. There is nothing worse than watching someone you love, a parent or a child, have such a terrible turn in their health and prognosis. Im really keeping my fingers crossed for all them and of course much much pixie dust (more than ever could be shown here )

TY for the update .. theyve been in my thoughts.
    '94-DVC OKW * '94-'96 OKW * '97 OKW, BWV * '98 OKW, DI * '99 OKW, FW * '00 OKW, VB * '01 OKW,Y&BC,BWV * '02 SSR * '03-'05 OKW*2006 BWV,AKL*'07 OKW * '08 AKV, SSR * '10 BLT * '11 BLT Next: 03/13 WL

Post Thanks / Like

More Pixie Dust on the way
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

from me too
    Last visit to Disneyland : Oct/07
    WDW: Sept/06!!

Dreaming of the next trip...

Post Thanks / Like

Here is some more
    Chris

Recent Trips

January 09
    May 08
    Oct-Nov 07

May 07

Post Thanks / Like

-NEXT UPDATE-
    After sitting (or laying) through my 3rd back procedure today, we toddled over and up to the ICU to check on Chad. He looked awful, but not sleeping decently for 5 days will do that for a person.
    We went outside so he could get a smoke and fill us in; with his kidney's failed his body isn't filtering the infection and toxic stuff right now, and the fear is he will become septic. So far, his cancer has not been a factor. He has been unconscious since he was admitted, so on the one hand he may not be aware or suffering too much (the family is hoping.) His Mom is having a very difficult time, having been with this man over 40 years... rationally she is trying to come to grips with the fact that, according to best guess estimates, he may not make it to the end of the week. Chad is trying to be strong, but you can see he's been crying whenever he goes out to get a smoke. We asked him if there was anything - pillows, magazines, books, food, blankets - that we could get for him, and he kinda grinned and said it was good just to have some company. He did say that with things as they were he likely wouldn't be up for any rehearsals for 2-3 weeks (I was like, "Duh? You even had to say that?") and as far as I'm concerned (haven't talked to the band yet) if any sudden offers come up I think we should explain what's going on and decline them.
    Will keep y'all updated....
    Will keep y'all posted.
    WDW Feb. '02

DLR Oct. '02

WDW Jan. '04

Next Trip? Christmas '10

Post Thanks / Like

Lots and lots of more pixie dust Hope he pulls out through alright.
    Inferno. RIP VMK.
    -Happiest Place On Earth

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry Ice, you are all in my prayers. You are such a great friend to him, he's very blessed to have you supporting him.
    Hugs to you all,
    Laura
    AKA Mamacita in the VMK
    Past trips:
    WDWx7 (CBRx2, ASMx2, POR, Poly, FW)
    DLx7
    Next up, who knows!
    No time for goofin off, I got dawdlin to do!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Ice both you and your friends Dad are in my prayers.
    First Trip To DL 11/56
    DLR PAP (for a long time and currently)
    July 17, 2005 I was there!
    July 17, 2010 I was there!
    VMK - Tinkcollector R.I.P.
    Member #1660 on Intercot West
    Tinkcollector on Intercot-West (R.I.P., good bye West-Side.)
    D23 Charter Member

Post Thanks / Like

Ice - it's nice of you to support Chad & family, even though you are dealing with your own stuff. I'm sure Chad really appreciates your friendship.

If only illness would disappear for good.
    Disney is life......the rest is just details!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: