Quantcast Some Pixie Dust Please - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

I have sad news to report:
    (Repeated from our band site)
    Today at about 2:30 pm, I recieved the call that our bassist's Father passed away. We have been posting information and updates concerning him being in the hospital... When Chad called today he didn't have a whole lot of information, and rightly so, but he was at home and preparing to get some of his things to go stay with his Mother for a while to help support each other.

He did say at least they had had time to prepare somewhat and make peace with what they knew was going to happen, but as someone who works in the mental health field and has lost both of his parents, I know that even though you try to tell yourself you are ready for something like this to happen, it is still devastating once it finally does. He sounded in fair spirits, and all we can do as his friends, bandmates and "brothers" is to be there for him right now.

He wasn't sure when services would be held, but promised to contact us when he had any information. We in the band send our love, prayers, thoughts and support for the entire Montgomery family right now as they mourn this loss and prepare to move forward in life with "an empty chair at the head of the table". Depending on the date and time of the service we will also be there to lend support and comfort where we can in person.

Chad has said that he will post a message here soon thanking those of you who have sent messages and well wishes. Until then, on his behalf I wanted everyone to know that he was deeply touched by the messages I passed on to him from here and other message boards we post at. Thank You all...

(posted by John)
    The call came about 6:30. An old old friend of mine who played with me in the band "OFF LYMITZ" back in the 80's was in town, and he and his son had come over with guitars in tow for a little jam session. We called my brother, who was our on-again/off-again drummer back then (and now has his own band as well) so it felt like a "reunion" of sorts, with an 18 year old sitting in with us. It was fun going back in time and running through things, and my friend JT had asked (as we were packing things up) how the Bunkie show where I had to cover for our bassist had gone and how was he doing (during his last visit the guys in the band asked him to come sit in at our rehearsal), and ironically that was right when my phone rang.
    Again I ask that y'all please keep the entire Montgomery family in your prayers right now.
    AKA: FlyingIceman - Ice Rocker
    DLR every Summer from '67 - '76
    WDW Feb. '02

DLR Oct. '02

WDW Jan. '04
    WDW Christmas '04 (ASMusic)
    WDW Christmas '06 (Pop Century)

DLR Oct. '07 (Paradise Pier)

WDW Sept. '08 (ASMovies & PO French Quarter)
    Next Trip? Christmas '10

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear the sad news.

Please let Chad know he & his family are in our thoughts and prayers.
    Disney is life......the rest is just details!

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry Ice, many prayers for the family and for all of you as you support them.
    Laura
    AKA Mamacita in the VMK
    Past trips:
    WDWx7 (CBRx2, ASMx2, POR, Poly, FW)
    DLx7
    Next up, who knows!
    No time for goofin off, I got dawdlin to do!

Post Thanks / Like

I'll send prayer - sometimes just isn't enough. I really feel for him. My 82 year old mom is dying of kidney failure, and it's just awful watching her deteriorate.
    GOD BLESS !
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green
    1999, 2000,2001, Shades of Green
    2002 Contemporary - 2003 Contemporary - 2004, 2005,2006, Shades of Green
    Dec. 2007 First trip to Disneyland
    Dec. 2008 Shades of Green & JQ "meet"

Post Thanks / Like

Thoughts and prayers go out to his family and to you guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Ice, will keep everyone in my prayers. Sending a truck of pixie dust to you.
    Melinda - Greet each day with a smile

Post Thanks / Like

Sending prayers and pixie dust
    Charyl Lee

Next Trip: November 14th 7 day Western Caribbean Cruise and 11 days at WDW!!!

Post Thanks / Like

This is a little late, but for the family and I'll keep you guys in my thoughts.
    Inferno. RIP VMK.
    -Happiest Place On Earth

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: