Quantcast A Phillies Thread!!!!!! - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    I am so glad for Shane Victorino. He has a lot of humility and won't admit it, but he's gotta love sticking it to the Dodgers.
    I don't know if he loves it, but I sure do! After those absurd antics the other night and the way the Dodgers fans (who are quite annoying in their own right) took to booing him, the fact that he was the one to single-handedly crush their hopes ... that's very fitting.

I really enjoy kicking people when they're down ... in a sports context, of course.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Good morning Phillies fans!!! Last night's game was probably the worst and best Phillies game I have ever seen! It was absolutely gut-wrenching, exhausting, and incredibly exciting all at the same time. See, my wife and I were friends for seven years, dated for three, and now we've been married for nine months. She's from New York and wasn't a sports fan before, but I have slowly converted her (haha) to a Philadelphia sports fan. When Howard threw that ball into right field last night she stood up and fired her Phillies hat across our family room (it got WAY to close to our DLP TV for my liking) and told me it was my fault that she was so upset. I saw in her the same exact reaction that I was having inside...it was beautiful! Anyway, right before Victorino hit his game-tying shot, her "A homer ties it" was followed by my "Yeah, but you can't ask for that, he's not really a homerun hitter." Then, BOOM!

You guys are so right about the announcers. I thought I was just a whiny Phillies fan for the first few games but it has gotten out of hand. Even bringing in Eric Karros, a former Dodger, to do the pre-game and post-game with Kevin Kennedy so they could both predict that the Dodgers would win not only last night's game but tomorrow's game as well. McCarver's call about Howard not touching the plate was brutal, but he also said that the eighth inning was "devastating." Well, it wasn't for the Phillies!

And Ian, you're 100% right about this Dodgers team. There is almost a sense of entitlement there...you can see it in their faces and reactions. Someone needs to tell the Dodgers that they won 84 games in the woeful N.L. West and they are simply being beaten by a better team. Sorry for the long post! Go Phils!
    -Phil-

"The future is no place to place your better days."--Dave Matthews
    "Be fair, alright, everyone wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride."--Mallrats

"The Philadelphia Phillies are 2008 World Champions of Baseball!"

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by DAKustodial View Post
    ... he also said that the eighth inning was "devastating." Well, it wasn't for the Phillies!
    Yeah, see there were comments like that all night. That really annoys me.

If you're a national announcer you simply cannot show partiality one way or another and making a comment like that clearly shows you have a bias about the series outcome.

I don't like it when announcers spend the entire game talking about what one team "has to do to win" and basically ignores the other team ... it's like listening to Aikman call a Cowboys game.
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

I agree 100%. The only thing worse than the Manny-Red Sox fairy tale is having to listen to McCarver tell it. He irritates the cra* out of me to the point where I will listen to the games on the radio when he does tv.

How sweet is it to have a guy who looks like he should be playing bar league softball (Matt Stairs, ex-Brewer) go house to win the game.

Go Phils!!
    1986 and 1991 offsite
    1998,2000,2001,2003,2004,2006,2008 movies
    1999, 2002 sports
    2005, 2007, 2009, 2011 pop
    2008 Riverside (Christmas Parade)
    2010 CB (25th anniversary)

Post Thanks / Like

I watched Monday's game at the bar by Jiko after our dinner there (which was great, by the way). I was so happy for Victorino and Matt Stairs. Victorino is definitely happy to stick it to the Dodgers after they let him go in the rule 5 draft. Our plan is to go to the ESPN Club tomorrow (Wednesday) night after our dinner at California Grill.
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

7 Hours!!! Can't wait for tonight...I'm supposed to be working but it is NOT happening! Go Phils!
    -Phil-

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

As much as I think it would be nice for them to clinch on their home field, I really want them to close this series out tonight.

This Dodgers team is still very dangerous and I think giving them any life or hope at all could come back to bite you.

Let's hope Hamels has his stuff tonight!
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

THREE OUTS AWAY, BABY!!

Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Where my Phillies peeps at???

World Series, baby!!!

Bring on those Rays!!!
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

I'm watching the post-game coverage for the second time tonight...unbelievable!!!

I watched the game with my wife, my friends, and my family and my wife keeps saying I broke her ribs when I picked her up after the last out...might have to take her to the doctor tomorrow! Go Phils!
    -Phil-

Post Thanks / Like

I was at the bar. It was pretty wild. I am very happy this morning, but I think I strained a neck muscle hanging out of a window waving a rally towel on my way home.

~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Funny game last night. I mean you hate to say it, but I think the Dodgers lost that game as much as the Phils won it. Hamels was his usual amazing self, but boy ... how often are you going to get three fielding errors in one inning???

This team is really strange. I mean I love 'em, but you get the feeling that if they could put the whole thing together at once they would be near unbeatable. But it always seems like some part of the team is lagging ... Utley and Howard aren't hitting when the pitching is lights out ... the pitchers slump when the bats wake up ... and yet they still win all these games.

If they could just get it all rolling at the same time, this team could be a legit dynasty, IMO.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats!!! Now represent the NL well.
    '94 & '97 Off Site
    '98, '04 & '07 PO - Riverside
    '00 Polynesian I '01 Contemporary
    '02 Animal Kingdom Lodge I '03 All Star Movies
    '05, '08 & '09 Pop Century I '06 Wilderness Lodge

Next 9/18 PO - French Quarter

"Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." ~ Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Let's Go Phils!

I'll be wearing my 1993 NL shirt and jacket in support!

1974-1983 WDW day trips*92 WDW *94 Contemporary*97 WDW*97 Poly*98 DL PAC*99 DL DLH*2000 POFQ & CR*01 WDW*02 DLR DLH*02 WDW*03 POR*03 WDW 06 DVC Member*06 DLR*07 VBR*07 OKW*07 VWL*08 GCH*09 BLT*09 AKV*10 OKW*10 DLP-DH*11 BLT*11 AKL*12 BWV*14 Aulani*15 VGC*17 VGC*SDL TSH*17 TDR DAH*18 BC

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I'm just happy to know who we're playing now.

I honestly don't know who I preferred coming out of the ALCS. I mean had the Sox come back to win it, they'd have been on a roll, had all their championship swagger back, and of course they're a very seasoned and talented ball club.

But then again, I think the Rays are even more talented and they're obviously a very gutsy team, too.

All I know is, I simply cannot take another Philly vs. Tampa series where we come up on the short end of the stick. It's just not fair.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

LETS GO PHILLIESSSSS!!!!!!

Theres nothing like us Philly fans!!! We will dominate the World Series baby!!!!!!
    Been there, Haven't done it all...GOING BACK!!!

Next trip "Home" - September 3-10th 2016 at the Beach Club Resort! Giannas 1st trip to WDW!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Eight hours and counting. No work is getting done today on my part! Kid Cole has ice water in his veins and has been huge so far this postseason. He has really shown that he is an ace and I can't wait to see what he does on the big stage tonight!

Go Phils!
    -Phil-

Post Thanks / Like

Game one to us! Should've been more of a blowout, but a a win is a win.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Okay, so on one hand I'm really glad they won. That's a big win, taking game one on the road.

But listen ... mark my words ... the Phillies cannot and will not win this series if they continue to go 0 for 13 with RISP and if Rollins and Howard can't find their bats. They're both just killing this team right now.

Good win, but bad signs for the future if they don't get that righted.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah...what was going on with Howard lastnight?? I am really happy they won, but man...that game should have been 9-0 at the end...wasn't the best game, but it was a win.

Can't wait for them to just come back home and finish this series the right way!

Hoping for a much better game tonight with more of this...
    Been there, Haven't done it all...GOING BACK!!!

Next trip "Home" - September 3-10th 2016 at the Beach Club Resort! Giannas 1st trip to WDW!!!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: