Quantcast A Phillies Thread!!!!!! - Page 10

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

DW was able to pick up a bunch of copies of the paper late last night, so I'm all good now.

I got it all!
    Ian šOš
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! š0š

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sadly, I wasn't able to make it to the parade today...I decided to come into work since I'd have to use a vacation day, and I didn't want to since I'm leaving for WDW next sunday. But I am glad that I was able to get my "Phinally" t-shirt!!!! I wanted that one so bad and Im wearing today!!!
    Been there, Haven't done it all...GOING BACK!!!

Next trip "Home" - September 3-10th 2016 at the Beach Club Resort! Giannas 1st trip to WDW!!!

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

One last comment on this series --

I knew the Phils were going to win this series from the moment I heard the music playing in the background while the teams was being announced before game 1 -- Anybody that has the class to play Alan Parsons Project instrumentals for their introduction music is a winner all the way!!!

For those of you who don't recognize the Alan Parsons Project -- listen to the music in the current Dr. J Dr. Pepper commercial or the Jordan era Chicago Bulls introduction music. That is Sirius by The Alan Parsons Project (Album: Eye In The Sky)

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Everyone!

The parade was awesome today!!! I live in Roxborough, so I had to take SEPTA to get down there, which wasn't all that bad. Got down to Market Street about 10, tried to walk south toward City Hall to get to South Broad, but I couldn't make it...WAY too many people! So we were a few rows back from the railing on Market between 16th and 17th. I got TONS of great pictures...probably took 150 in all.

The Phillies players seemed like they were having a blast! I have a great shot of Utley pointing right at my camera, which is really cool! I hope he didn't upset too many people with what he said at the ceremony at CBP...I wasn't offended by it, myself. I know there were lots of kids there and watching at home, but it was a guy who was emotional and excited (and probably a little altered mentally since I saw a beer in his hand a little after 12).

Anyway, enjoy it Phillies fans! Go celebrate responsibly!
    -Phil-

"The future is no place to place your better days."--Dave Matthews
    "Be fair, alright, everyone wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride."--Mallrats

"The Philadelphia Phillies are 2008 World Champions of Baseball!"

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Well, one thing I learned today ... SEPTA stands for "Slow, Exceptionally Pathetic Transit Authority." They were completely unprepared for the onslaught of fans. Coming down was bad, but not horrible. But going home was ridiculous. The lines at Suburban station were incredible. As I was finally getting on a train, 2 1/2 hours after I arrived at the station, I heard a SEPTA worker say there were 3,000 people in line behind me!

But the parade was very cool. Glad I did it. We were literally right in front of City Hall where it curves around to Broad. Probably about 5 or 6 rows back from the street, so we had a great vantage point.

It was a once-in-a-lifetime event and I'm happy I went, but I'm not at all happy with SEPTA. They're getting a nastygram from me!
    Ian šOš

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! š0š

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

I'll post more later but suffice it to say I had an EPIC day.
    -9am, right against the barricade at Broad and Walnut.
    -1pm- Trying to get on subway, SEPTA STOPS RUNNING SOUTH BOUND TRAINS!!!!!!! They told people not to take their cars and to take the subway, and then they stop running the subway.
    -At any rate we did make it back to the Linc, but a lot of others didn't.

There is soooo much more to say... I need time to get it all down. But boy, what a day.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

DAKustodial, if you put your pics in an online album can you share the link? I got a few good pics but I was on the side of the street where there weren't as many good players, and the flatbeds and buses seemed to go by a tad fast at our section.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    DAKustodial, if you put your pics in an online album can you share the link? I got a few good pics but I was on the side of the street where there weren't as many good players, and the flatbeds and buses seemed to go by a tad fast at our section.
    Sure! I'll get them up in the next day or two!
    -Phil-

"The future is no place to place your better days."--Dave Matthews
    "Be fair, alright, everyone wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride."--Mallrats

"The Philadelphia Phillies are 2008 World Champions of Baseball!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DAKustodial View Post
    Sure! I'll get them up in the next day or two!
    Thanks! I think I'd rather have a good Utley pic for my memory album than one of So Taguchi, whose option was already not picked up
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I didn't shoot any pics of the players as they went by, but I did shoot some video. It's posted on my Facebook page if anyone is interested!
    Ian šOš

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Here are some pictures I took of the celebration at CBP.
    Christine šoš

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    Here are some pictures I took of the celebration at CBP.
    Those are really good!!

I was down on 15th & Market, and we had a pretty good view. It helped that I had my super zoom lens on my DSLR, too.

It was an awesome day--I was surprised at how smoothly things went for us...even Patco!

šOšprprincessšOš

WDW-75, 79, 89, 91, 98, 04: Offsite; 01: ASMs & CSR; 02: Dolphin; 03: GF & POR; 06: POFQ & BC; 08: WL; 09: CBR
    DL--97-98: AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

I am late to this thread because I was way too busy last week, but my dad is sending me a T-shrit (since i could not come home for the parade).

I had gone out to dinner at 1900 Park Fare on the 27th and got home before the game was called. I had tickets for MNSSHP the night night (a cold night for FL) and of course wore my Phillies jacket. I found out from a fellow fan that the game had been postponed again (I was in the park by about 3:30), and discussed it throught the night with various other people while standing in line for candy.
    Went to a bar/resturant with some friends (including a friend from home) and we were heckled by some Rays fans (about 12 of them to our 3). Got home in time to see the last of the game on Fox and then called all my buddies to cheer about it. Some of my friends at home went to the parade - it doesn't surprise me that SEPTA was unprepared. Sounds just like when Pope JPII came in 1979...and I have spent a lot of years on SEPTA.

Can't wait to get my shirt & wear it with pride!

1974-1983 WDW day trips*92 WDW *94 Contemporary*97 WDW*97 Poly*98 DL PAC*99 DL DLH*2000 POFQ & CR*01 WDW*02 DLR DLH*02 WDW*03 POR*03 WDW 06 DVC Member*06 DLR*07 VBR*07 OKW*07 VWL*08 GCH*09 BLT*09 AKV*10 OKW*10 DLP-DH*11 BLT*11 AKL*12 BWV*14 Aulani*15 VGC*17 VGC*SDL TSH*17 TDR DAH*18 BC

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: