Quantcast A Phillies Thread!!!!!!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default A Phillies Thread!!!!!!

I know we have some Phillies fans on these boards and I decided to start a thread celebrating our team, especially after the amazing sweep we just had against Atlanta. I also welcome back and forth with our division rivals as long as it doesn't get TOO out of hand

This team is just downright fun to watch. For once we left April behind with a winning record, and we haven't looked back. Burrell is hot, Utley is on FIRE, Werth is becoming a force to be reckoned with, Coste seems to have significantly picked up on defense and of course his offense is still great, and surprisingly our pitching rotation has been solid (not spectacular but solid) all the way through... not to mention the bullpen!

Looks like Chase Utley is headed towards his 3rd straight All-Star start, and also could be up for the MVP if he continues on this path. The ballpark has an atmosphere reminiscent of 1993, the year I finally went to my first baseball game (won tickets from Inquirer), the Phillies captured my 7 year old heart, and my father realized that he could share sports with his little girl too, not just his son. (it was also the year I was cruely exposed to losing in Philadelphia sports but we won't go there in this thread... this is a happy thread!)

This year we have a 6 pack of tix and have bought many more here and there... we didn't like the options of the 15 game plans, but we will most likely buy one for next year to get playoff options this year, because I just KNOW the Fightins will be there again

Right now my fiancee and I, along with another friend, are making plans to go to D.C. for the series against the Nationals at the end of July and I'm very excited about it. We are going to sightsee during the day and go to the games at night.

So, Phillies fans unite! Maybe we could even meet up at a game sometime!
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Tough couple of games against Florida so far this series. Last night was really tough but you can't get on Gordon's case too much...yet. It was just a shame that the offense didn't get Cole more than a couple of runs.

Anyway, hopefully tonight they'll get back in the win column. Gotta get as big of a lead as possible over those Mets!
    -Phil-

"The future is no place to place your better days."--Dave Matthews
    "Be fair, alright, everyone wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride."--Mallrats

"The Philadelphia Phillies are 2008 World Champions of Baseball!"

Post Thanks / Like

THEY ARE A TEAM OF DESTINY this year.

There is nothing else to say.

They came out with a winning April and May. Since Memorial Day they have won 75 percent of their games.

They have the past 2 reigning MVPs. They have this year's MVP.

Rollins goes down and Bruntlett plays out of his mind.

Victorino goes down and Jayson is werth every penny.

The bullpen is playing out of their mind. The closer has an ERA of under 1 and has yet to blow one.

But the most important thing they have going for them right now is the fact they don't have Billy Whiner closing their games anymore. How sweet it is to watch him blow game after game after game (and that is just this week)

My perdiction from Day 1 was that the NL EAST will be wrapped up by September 15. They still are the team to Beat!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I'm enjoying the run, but I'll remind everyone of two things:

1. It's only June. Talk to me in September about how they're playing then.

2. Pitching wins championships and, well, we saw last night how good the Phils pitching can be.

I think they'll most likely win the division, but I can't see them doing much more than that. I just don't think they're pitching is good enough. When their bats go cold they get beat.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Okay, to be fair I just checked stats on MLB.com and the Phils do have the 7th best team ERA in baseball right now.

So maybe their pitching has been better than it looks like it should be on paper.
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

The pitching has been the surprise story of the season actually. Myers has been the only inconsistant pitcher. Even Eaton has had quality starts. Heck, Moyer was taking a no hitter into the 6th inning yesterday. Cole has pitched 2 shutouts, and Kendrick has been holding his own.

On another note, if anyone plays instant lottery tickets, I recommend getting the Phillies/Pirates scratch off tickets. If you save 3 losing tickets you can mail them in for a second chance drawing. 2 people a month win season tickets and 600 some win prize packages. I won a prize package of official MLB liscensed Phillies goods including a jersey (choice of Utley, Rollins, or Howard), embroidered jacket, windshirt, cap, duffel bag with water bottle and t-shirt. Very exciting
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

The Phils statistically have the best bullpen in all of the major leagues so far this year, not just the NL. Now, whether or not they can keep this up is the question.

The starting pitching has been pretty consistently good except for Myers, which is completely surprising. He's been brutal so far; really difficult to watch. I really think he should be traded before it gets even more out of hand...he doesn't have the mental toughness to get through this and I can see his bad attitude hurting the team in the long run.

Anyway, absolutely loved watching them beat up on the World Series Champs last night. It will be interesting to see what our 45 year old number three does tonight...looking forward to it!
    -Phil-

Post Thanks / Like

The Phillies need to continue to take advantage of the unexpected struggles by both the Mets and Braves. The Marlins do not have the pitching to stay in the race for the entire season. I am not sold on the Phils pitching, but the lack of quality in the league is a big help.

The Phillies need to watch out for Flash Gordon's tendency to wear down as the season progresses. More rest now will avoid costly home runs allowed in September.

Post Thanks / Like

Big win against the Mets and Santana last night! I think that win will hurt the confidence of the Mets while boosting the confidence of the Phils. It is always fun for a Philly sports fan to see our teams beat a New York team...just have to keep it going now.

"Chase Utley you ARE the man!"
    -Phil-

Post Thanks / Like

WOW! Did anyone happen to catch the flooding at the stadium this afternoon when they came back from rain delay (I can only describe it as flooding - I never saw anything like it! And we didn't even get any rain up here in the NE!!!)

But the main point of my reply though is how impressed I was with the Richie Ashburn documentary they showed during the rain delay. I usually just changed the channels during the delays and didn't know they aired things like that while we waited. It was really interesting and very very touching. I only wish I could remember him - he seemed like a really cool guy!
    Janine
    -----------------
    Disney World: 87, 89, 92, 96-97, 99-00, 02-05, 07-14
    Disneyland: 05, 10-14
    RunDisney: 13 (Princess, Dumbo, ToT), 14 (Dopey, Tink, Glass Slipper, Dumbo, Wine & Dine, Avengers), 15 (Dopey, Rebel Challenge)
    DVC Member: 07-NOW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J9 View Post
    But the main point of my reply though is how impressed I was with the Richie Ashburn documentary they showed during the rain delay. I usually just changed the channels during the delays and didn't know they aired things like that while we waited. It was really interesting and very very touching. I only wish I could remember him - he seemed like a really cool guy!
    My grandfather met him in 1948. He says he was so kind. He is his all time favorite Phillie.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

Ian, it's September.

First place.
    -Phil-

Post Thanks / Like

As a Brewer fan, Ned Yost despiser, and Sheets hater, I agree, you do have a very good team. Lucky for you the Mets are the classic chokers and under-achievers...gee that sounds like the Brewers. I couldn't stomach Ben Sheets cry-baby whiner panty boy performance last night. Good Luck Phillies fans...btw, I am/was a huge Mike Schmidt fan...aging myself.

Watch out for the Rays...another team of destiny.
    1986 and 1991 offsite
    1998,2000,2001,2003,2004,2006,2008 movies
    1999, 2002 sports
    2005, 2007, 2009, 2011 pop
    2008 Riverside (Christmas Parade)
    2010 CB (25th anniversary)

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, the Mets have a reputation for choking at the worst possible time. But, the Phillies have to hold up their end and win, and they've won six in a row.

I'm not buying my playoff tickets yet though, there are still eleven games to go! They need Hamels to step up and be an ace tonight...he needs to shut the Braves down and give the pen some rest.
    -Phil-

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

I wonder if NYC will have lookouts stationed on the bridges after the Mets collapse again this season?

Speaking of which, has anyone seen Scar?? Do we need to call the authorities to bring him down from whatever tall building he's perched on the edge of?
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Not yet. They’re only one back in the loss column and two up on Milwaukee for the Wild Card. The next four games are against Chicago and Pinella has already said he will rest regulars and his starters will go no more than 5 innings. I’m still pretty confident.

Of course, last year I was pretty confident too.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I dunno about that ... I just read that Pinella plans on playing his normal starters for the whole series. He said something to the effect of, "The last thing I want is a call from MLB headquarters reminding me that I have an obligation."

Here's a quote from a story I found on the topic, "Manager Lou Piniella used only one regular in his lineup Sunday but promises to go back to his starters in the final week because the Cubs are playing two wild card contenders, the Mets and Brewers."

On a related topic, I found this stat amazing ... the Phillies are 75-0 this season when leading after 8 innings. Lidge is a flat out stud. He should be a serious contender for the Cy Young, IMO.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    "The last thing I want is a call from MLB headquarters reminding me that I have an obligation."
    Hmmm... I may have been mistaken about the regulars, but I know I heard Mets announcer Gary Cohen say he only wanted his starters to go 5 innings. Maybe he did get that phone call. Last nights starter went into the 7th.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Lead is up to 2.5 games now ... and not only that, but if the Phils win tonight and Milwaukee loses, the Phils will guarantee no worse than a tie for the wild card.

Post-season play is getting closer to becoming a reality again.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Tough one for the Phils tonight, and it's bad luck that the Mets had Santana going as well.

I'm going tomorrow night...hopefully Brett Myers returns to his recent form and the bats come alive a bit better than they did tonight. 4 games left!
    -Phil-

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: