Quantcast Small Worlds Beta? - Page 7

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks Chris! I sure hope your right. Since I went to satelite I could no longer play Haunted Mansion on VMK. My old server loaded quickly and I had no problems. Now that I live in the middle of no where, satelite is my only choice. I went back into SmallWorlds and Patti's room was still available, but no Patti and so was Genie's. So that must be a game glitch right now, as I was able to access another room and talk with players. I am still having no luck with getting into the antique store. I will keep trying as I am assuming until I finish that quest/mission I can not do any others. Thanks again for answering my questions.
    First Trip To DL 11/56
    DLR PAP (for a long time and currently)
    July 17, 2005 I was there!
    July 17, 2010 I was there!
    VMK - Tinkcollector R.I.P.
    Member #1660 on Intercot West
    Tinkcollector on Intercot-West (R.I.P., good bye West-Side.)
    D23 Charter Member

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I still can't get into my rooms. I have try it with all 4 computers. This one I'm on my mom's lap top and my dad's lap top and my dad's computer like this one I'm on. I guess I wasn't to be on this game send day one I had alots of trouble on it. So I guess I'm out of Small Worlds. and go back to boarding VFK.
    DLand character wanted list.

1. DUMBO 2. BLUE FAIRY 3. TARZAN 4. BRER RABBIT 8. JOHN SMITH 9. LAUNCH PAD 11. LOTSO 14. GYPSY

Post Thanks / Like

Does this have anything to do with his latest version of Flash? I haven't been able to get on anything very much lately, so I wouldn't know. What do you guys think?

Post Thanks / Like

Ohhhh.. Ghost patti!

Scary.

I was only on for a few minutes this morning. I guess everyone thought I was there because I had lots of mail when I arrived this evening.

I was finally able to load the spa after 3 days and win checkers.

The staff is working on a patch to fix the public room/shops issues and stated 2-3 days before it's fixed.

Genie.. like anything in beta, there will be days you can and days you can't do things. Be patient.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been having problems too loading rooms, and you just have to keep trying sometimes and pray it loads. I even have a friend Mickey Beast that keeps saying his online but his not. odd but now i know its not just him.

if i haven't said already here is my screen name
    Main Avater
    Horizon SeaCastle

GiltterDisneyGirl VMK

DisneyGoth Girl
    God Bless, Jacquelyn M. Sheely
    (AKA: Jac, or Jazz)

VFK: DisneyJazzGirl
    POTC Online: Horizon SeaCastle
    VMK: GiltterDisneyGirl

WDW: Christmas & New Years 1986-1998/2002-2007
    Summer 03, 05, & 08/March 07 % Jan 09
    "NEXT TRIP" WDW 2010?

Post Thanks / Like

I just got this off their website:

Smallworlds will be unavailable from 18 June, 20:30 PDT, for a period of approximately 4 hours, while we perform scheduled maintenance. We appreciate your patience, and hope to see you back in Smallworlds soon.
    Hopefully this will fix some of the bugs they have been having.

I also recieved this message in game last night from Shopie Smallworlds:

Hi there mission goer. SmallWorlds has released a few new missions and because you reached the end of some of our previous missions, we've updated your mission log with the new missions available. Get out there and have some fun
    There are now some new quests! It also looks like they changed the quest where you had to play mini golf you now have to score 100,000 in Crazy Ape.
    Chris

Recent Trips

January 09
    May 08
    Oct-Nov 07

May 07

Post Thanks / Like

So glad we have a place to met up at. And if you are worried about kids you can use the filter. I would still be very careful about kids. cant wait to find everyone agian
    Melinda - Greet each day with a smile

Post Thanks / Like

Fix for the disappearing item issue:

Several people have reported that items (chairs, tables etc.) have disappeared from their spaces. If you have lost items from your space, please take the following steps to get them back:

1) Put an item (any item) in your space.
    2) Leave your space, and ensure that there is no one else in the space.
    Within a short time, the lost items should appear in your inventory (not in your room). Note that they might not appear immediately.

Thank you for your patience.
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

For those of you still struggling with the Crazy Ape game and getting 100,000 I have some tips that might help you. I finally got it tonight!

Here is what I did:

The first two levels I stayed on the top two levels just holding down the space bar. This will make the shots come out non-stop. It is easier this way just using two levels to deal with.

Once you finally get to stage three with the snake what you need to do its get him all blue by shooting him. The way this can be done is get to the top and just keep that continuous shot going. If the gets to close jump down some levels and make your way back to the upper left corner.

Once he is all blue don't kill him by running into him. Instead start collecting as much fruit as you can. Each piece of fruit is worth 200 points. If the snake gets too close to you then do the same thing you did when he was able to hurt you by running back towards the left avoiding him.

Eventually you'll have 100,000 and have passed the mission.

This is a very slow process and took me about 20-25 minutes to complete but it is the easiest way to do the mission.

Hope this helps
    Chris

Recent Trips

January 09
    May 08
    Oct-Nov 07

May 07

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I have been having fun with this game. But, I know I have not completed all the missions but it says I did. So I guess I will need to make another character so that I can get points to get stuff. I have one mission left that it says I have not completed, but I did, weird, huh.
    First Trip To DL 11/56
    DLR PAP (for a long time and currently)
    July 17, 2005 I was there!
    July 17, 2010 I was there!
    VMK - Tinkcollector R.I.P.
    Member #1660 on Intercot West
    Tinkcollector on Intercot-West (R.I.P., good bye West-Side.)
    D23 Charter Member

Post Thanks / Like

It is a weird set up.. but I think you can't get new missions till you complete the ones in the queue. So, if your seeing a mission there, try doing it again and see if any new ones pop up. The last mission is right after the Crazy Ape video game mission.. I think it's synchronized sitting.

Sadly, I'm not online much while working long summer hours. So, I never see anyone.

Hi everyone!

Post Thanks / Like

Here is an update from Mitch Olsen who is the Co-Founder of the game.

Hey folks. Man have we been slack about keeping you guys posted with whats coming up. Its been on my to-do list for a while now but always keeps getting bumped by what seems like more important stuff at the time. My apologies.

Anyway - I am going to post a preview on our blog next week on our upcoming release due late August. We were originally planning to have a release due out this month but we decided for a number of reasons to add more content into the next release, and delay it a few weeks.

One of the biggest features in the next release is 3-fold enhancements to the mission system - that is (i) enhancements to the basic mission system, so that for instance puzzles and quizzes can be incorporated into them; (ii) more mission content, including repeatable missions, & (iii) user-creatable missions! Thats right - you will be able to create your own missions and share them with your friends and other users.

Some of the other new features coming up include;

* a new set of game arcade machines and heaps more casual games
    * spells & potions (this is very cool - I'll pop a video up previewing this next week too)
    * food & drink
    * more items of clothing
    * web page embeddability - ability to embed a simple Room-based IM Chat or the whole "player" in any web page

Beyond the August release, we are planning on our release after that being in late October at which point we will be exiting beta. Between August and October you'll also see a few more bits and pieces too including some Facebook applications.

Again I thank you for your patience, and we promise to be in better communication with you all in the future.

Warm regards

Mitch Olson
    Co-founder
    It sounds pretty neat with the updates coming also looks like the game will exit Beta in late October if things go to plan. So we still have some time before we are going to have to start over.

One thing I think is great about this game is they are not rushing to get out of Beta they keep pushing it back because they realize they are not ready which is good.
    Chris

Recent Trips

January 09
    May 08
    Oct-Nov 07

May 07

Post Thanks / Like

You all are on Smallworlds late in the day huh?
    And yeah I've been MIA on there for almost a week, I think. Also same thing with the other game as well. Never seem able to log on when anyone else is online on either game. Wouldn't know how to find any of you on Pirates. That's another game I haven't been onto either.
    Let me know so I will log on and see you guys soon okay?
    Sandy °o° VFK name DisneyDreamin,First trip in 1972-Off site ,In between so many I can't count,3/04 PC,11/28-12/05/04 POR,Feb,13-22,'06 PC,Dec,4, 07 FWR,DVC,AKV07, DLR's DPPH 9-13-20,'09,Stitch/Buzz Complex Cast Member

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trackbarroness View Post
    You all are on Smallworlds late in the day huh?
    And yeah I've been MIA on there for almost a week, I think. Also same thing with the other game as well. Never seem able to log on when anyone else is online on either game. Wouldn't know how to find any of you on Pirates. That's another game I haven't been onto either.
    Let me know so I will log on and see you guys soon okay?
    Disney, what we've been trying to do is gather on Friday nights between 8:00-10:00pm west coast time/11:00-1:00 east coast time.

People keep trying to get on and not find each other then log out. JP and I got on I think about 8:30 on Friday night and we noticed people started popping on.

I won't be on this next Friday since I'll be watching XGames, but will be on most of the Fridays when I can.

Post Thanks / Like

I do a Drive-By at for at least 5 minutes every night if I can...
    According to that time frame, that would be 10:00-midnight CST (everybody always forgets us poor people stuck in the middle.)
    That almost works, as I'm normally getting home about 10 and it takes me at least an hour or 2 to wind down. It was hugely cool the other night (was that Friday? Days tend to blur!) when we had so many of us on at once - Nacho, Rocks, JP, Cat, Fluffies, Patti... and I know there was someone else (was it Genie or Dino?) for a little mini-party! Whoooooooooooo!!!!!
    AKA: FlyingIceman - Ice Rocker
    DLR every Summer from '67 - '76
    WDW Feb. '02

DLR Oct. '02

WDW Jan. '04
    WDW Christmas '04 (ASMusic)
    WDW Christmas '06 (Pop Century)

DLR Oct. '07 (Paradise Pier)

WDW Sept. '08 (ASMovies & PO French Quarter)
    Next Trip? Christmas '10

Post Thanks / Like

Ice, I think it was Fan that was there with us.

It was nice to see everyone for the short time I had. I hadn't seen some of you in ages (Fluffies!). It's unlikely I'll get on this Friday night as I have company coming and going all week. Hugs!

Post Thanks / Like

Patricia: Ice, I think it was Fan that was there with us.
    Yeah, that's what I meant to say! It's all that loud music and staying up all night (not my age) that makes me sooooooo forgetful and - hey, what were we talking about?
    AKA: FlyingIceman - Ice Rocker
    DLR every Summer from '67 - '76
    WDW Feb. '02

DLR Oct. '02

WDW Jan. '04
    WDW Christmas '04 (ASMusic)
    WDW Christmas '06 (Pop Century)

DLR Oct. '07 (Paradise Pier)

WDW Sept. '08 (ASMovies & PO French Quarter)
    Next Trip? Christmas '10

Post Thanks / Like

I'll log on Friday nights to see you all. I told someone today I missed VMK specially with the dictionary dancing. Lolol
    A little birdy done told me that Disney very well be taking a trip out to DLR next year during the month of September.
    Sandy °o° VFK name DisneyDreamin,First trip in 1972-Off site ,In between so many I can't count,3/04 PC,11/28-12/05/04 POR,Feb,13-22,'06 PC,Dec,4, 07 FWR,DVC,AKV07, DLR's DPPH 9-13-20,'09,Stitch/Buzz Complex Cast Member

Post Thanks / Like

Yay Disney I'll try to make it on Friday night also. Cheese got me on POTCO so I'd better catch up to the rest of you! :P
    Inferno. RIP VMK.
    -Happiest Place On Earth

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mickeytinkerbellprincess View Post
    Yay Disney I'll try to make it on Friday night also. Cheese got me on POTCO so I'd better catch up to the rest of you! :P
    Yay, we got you off the docks of Tortuga after all these months. Hope to see you soon.

Was thinking since I don't know if you guys got together last Friday, maybe we should connect up maybe on Thursday night this week or try on Sunday night sometime on SmallWorlds. DotRocks reminded me that friday is the opening of the Olympics, so figure a lot of people will be busy watching the opening ceremonies.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: