Quantcast Pranks on First Timers?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pranks on First Timers?

Have you guys ever taken a first-timer on a trip with you and played a little with their minds about the park/certain rides?

This past December, I took a first timer with me (let me first add it was a group of three of us, and we're all grad students). We JUST got on Splash Mountain and came to the first little drop when my friend asked me "Is this the big one?"

We had just gotten on the ride and the large drop is the climax! So I gave him a funny look and said "Yes. Yes it is."

He BELIEVED me. He felt so dumb when he found out it wasn't the BIG drop! But the best part? I kept doing it and he KEPT believing me. My third friend (she was in the seat behind us) was laughing her head off. The gullible friend said he would stop listening to me until I told him "The Laughing Place" was it....which works, since it' is darker. He was holding on tight to the rail and when the drop was over, he just gave me a "I should hurt you" look.

It was really funny to keep psyching him out like that; so, I was wondering if you guys have any similar stories.
    First Trip: 1986 at 6 mths. old!
    Latest Trip: February 2017

Next trip: October 1017

Stayed at: Caribbean Beach, POP Century, Wilderness Lodge, The Contemporary, The Polynesian, the Beach Club, the Yacht Club, Grand Floridian, Art of Animation, Disney DREAM

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I like to get people to taste the Beverly over at Ice Station Cool at Epcot.

Post Thanks / Like

One of my favorite pranks to pull on first timers is to convince them that Beverly is a great flavor at Club Cool. The faces that they make when they realize that they have just been had are priceless. I know it's a little mean, but it's not often that one gets to share the joys of Beverly with a friend.

The planned backfired one time though. We convinced my wife's grandmother to try it on her first trip to WDW a few years ago, and she said that it wasn't too bad. She didn't even make a funny face. We were shocked to say the least.
    I'm a dad! My daughter, Eisley, was born on December 17, 2010.

Regular WDW visitor since 1981

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Piglet822 View Post
    Jeanne, you beat my post by mere seconds.
    I'm a dad! My daughter, Eisley, was born on December 17, 2010.

Regular WDW visitor since 1981

Post Thanks / Like

I like to trick ppl on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. Just before the short drop, I start saying, "Here it come, hold on..." a few times in a row. Then just before the drop, the kids and I start screaming our heads off. It's even more fun when others join in on the screaming then they realize the drop isn't so bad after all.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

Heading to Dinosaur I told my friend it's a show with cute little AA dinosaurs singing pop hits like "Walk The Dinosaur."

Edit: ooo... this is my 800th post
    KUNGALOOSH FOREVER!!

"Will you stop this foolishness!!"
    "What kind of foolishness would you like to see?"

Post Thanks / Like

Jeanne, you and I must be of the same mind!

I am always trying to get complete strangers to try the Beverly out.
    Brian (aka CanadianWDWFan)
    INTERCOT Staff:Theme Parks, The Water Cooler & Trip Reports
    DVC-BWV, Riviera
    Next Trip:DLR

Post Thanks / Like

Not my first trip, but my first experience with Space Mountain... I was/am terrified of heights, another above five feet high, and oh no! Well when I finally was tall enough to ride SM my parents convinced me it was a slow ride that talked about the planets..... last time I ever listened to them (well, it should have been, ha ha). I screamed the entire ride... poor guys behind us were plugging their ears the entire time!
    SSR 07
    BC 07, 08, 09
    Grand Flo 94, 06, 07
    Poly 91 & 2006
    WL 2005, 2006, 08
    Ft. W. Cabins 93 & 2004
    P.O. Riverside 2000
    AKL 98
    AKL- Kidani village 09
    CR. 97
    Yacht Club 95
    Dixie Landings 92
    Fort Wilderness Campground 89

Post Thanks / Like

Last October we took a friend of my DD that did not want to go on Splash, RnRC, ToT- you get the picture.

DD got her on Space Mountain (I don't know how) and she loved it! Go figure....
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

This is priceless! I do the same thing! It cracks me up every time.

Another good one is taking them to the Comedy Club in PI and getting them to sit next to a phone (it may not ring, but if it does....good laughs)...
    Capt. Sparrow

Next Trip: 12/20 - Old Key West
    5/21 - Boardwalk Villas

Last Trip: 11/19 I 12/15 I 5/10 I 12/09 I 6/09 I 12/08 I 5/08 I 12/07 I 8/07 I 8/06 I 8/05 I 5/05 I 8/04 I 8/03 I 8/02 I 5/02 I 10/00 I 5/98 I 5/93 I 5/88

Post Thanks / Like

That is the best!! My 2 neices went last year for the first time. I wasn't there with them, but we told them to be sure and go to Ice Station Cool and that The Beverly was the best one. They of course called soon after tasting it and threatened to hurt us when they got back. It was awesome!!

Post Thanks / Like

We were showing photos to friends from New York who had never been to WDW. They have never been amusement park types and we were hoping to show them that it was different at WDW. We had taken the pictures during one of the parades on Main Street just below the circle in front of Cinderella's Castle. Between the crowds and the floats my friend picked out an object in the background. It was the ornate top of one of the ice cream cart pavillions on the perimiter of the circle. He asked what it was and I told him it was the entrance to the subway linking the MK with other areas of the property. He seemed to accept it and it was never mentioned again until almost two years later when I got a surprised phone call. He was not amused. It seems they got to go to Florida on a business trip and they decided to try WDW for a couple of days before returning home. It was their last day there when my friend remembered the subway. I only wish I had been there to see the look on the cast members face and his when he asked for directions to the Subway. I'm now awaiting paybacks.
    Bill
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.

AKL, Jambo, September 18 to October 2, 2012

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing quite beats the Beverly setup. Every year I can pull that one on someone whose new to the drink. Problem is, I've done that so frequently I've started to get a tolerance for it and it doesn't taste as bad to me. Not sure that's a good thing.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

HA HA...THATS WHAT I DO TOO!!!
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately almost everyone we know has been to WDW more than once so they are pretty up to date on what goes on down there. However that didn't stop me from being able to pull the Beverly trick on my wife.

Ice Station Cool was put in during the year that my oldest son was born. That meant that my wife wasn't able to keep up with new things like I was. So, while she knew about Ice Station Cool she didn't really know about Beverly. All I can tell you is that I still have the bruises on my arm to show you her reaction!

Post Thanks / Like

We like to take newbies to 50's Prime Time. If you let the ladies at check in know you have a newbie with you, they'll usually set you up with a waitress that will play the Mom bit to the hilt.
    1990 & 1993 Off Property
    1994 & 1997 Carribean Beach Resort
    2001 Fort wildernes Cabins
    2005 House Off Property
    2006 All star Movies ( 20th anniversary no children allowed)
    2006 Pop Century (guilt trip children allowed)
    2007 Carribean Beach Resort ( DH and DW only)
    2008 Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

Like most everyone here I tricked my DH with Beverly at Epcot.

Contemporary 10/10
    Contemporary 10/09
    Contemporary 10/08
    Contemporary 10/07
    Contemporary 10/05
    Contemporary 10/04
    Contemporary 10/03
    Grand Floridian 10/02
    Caribbean Beach 6/00
    Caribbean Beach 98
    Caribbean Beach 97
    Caribbean Beach 95
    Caribbean Beach 91
    Caribbean Beach 88

Post Thanks / Like

We talked my aunt to go on ToT and (believe it or not) she did not know about the drops. She left her seat during the first drop and you should have seen the look on her face. I still think she is trying to find a way to get us back for that one.
    BKJ

Wilderness Lodge May '13
    FW Campsite Jan '13
    FW Cabins May '11
    FW Campsite Dec '10
    Offsite Nov '10
    FW Cabins May '10
    FW Cabins Dec '09
    FW Cabins May '09
    FW Campsite Dec '08
    FW Cabins May '07
    Swan Dec '06
    FW Cabins May '06
    Offsite June '99
    FW Campsite Aug '79
    Contemporary '76

Post Thanks / Like

I got a few people with Beverly, but I'm such a bad prank puller that I can rarely keep a straight face and they start to figure out that something isn't quite right...
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Last year a friend of mine joined us on our trip. She has been before but never said on site or never really ate in the sit down places. We thought it would be great if we went to Whispering Canyon and 50's Prime Time. Of course, we didn't tell her what these places were all about. When we went to WCC she was getting so mad at the waitress because she kept bumping her chair hard. All we did was laugh. She soon enough firgured it all out and thought it was a hoot. Then at the Prime Time she wondered why a guy was standing against the wall. She then said is this one of these places!!!! It was very funny. She got in trouble for not eating her vegatables. I guess I forgot to tell her that.

Also, anytime someone asks me where they should eat at Disney I always mention those two places. I say they are really good! When they come back they say did you know they do this? I guess it slipped my mind.
    Sept 2005 - All Star Movies
    Sept 2006 - Pop Century!
    Sept 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    Sept 2008 - All Star Sports
    Dec 2008 - All Star Music
    Aug 2009 - Coronado Springs
    Dec 2009 - All Star Music
    Aug 2010 - Port Orleans Riverside

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: