Quantcast Dressing up for MNSSHP?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: Are you dressing up for MNSSHP?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, the whole family is!

25 43.86%
  • Just the kids, we are too old for that.

5 8.77%
  • Yes! No kids here, but your never too old for it!

17 29.82%
  • No, the family will not be dressing up at all.

10 17.54%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Dressing up for MNSSHP?

Are you dressing up for MNSSHP this year? If so any idea what your going as? DW and I are planning to and I am just curious what others usually wear.

D
    It's gonna be the future soon
    I won't always be this way
    When the things that make me weak and strange get engineered away
    -Emil Bleehall - Adventurer of the Year!

Next Stop... MNSSHP Oct. 2011! Oh boy here we go!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Just DD & I are going this year and we're both dressing up! It will be my first time dressing up for Halloween in 10 years! I cant wait
    '94-DVC OKW * '94-'96 OKW * '97 OKW, BWV * '98 OKW, DI * '99 OKW, FW * '00 OKW, VB * '01 OKW,Y&BC,BWV * '02 SSR * '03-'05 OKW*2006 BWV,AKL*'07 OKW * '08 AKV, SSR * '10 BLT * '11 BLT Next: 03/13 WL

Post Thanks / Like

I can't imagine NOT dressing up! All of use (59, 40, 11, & 4) agree that you're never too old.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to try and get some Halloween shirts for the adults, but DD5 and her friend are the only ones officially going in costume.
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

My boyfriend and I will be dressing up when we go! As a matter of fact, he just mentioned that we should go over to the costume shop tomorrow to start getting ideas for costumes!
    ~ * Liz * ~
    Costuming CM CP Alumni / Aug 06 - May 07 -
    Magic Kingdom / MNNSHP / Mickey's Twas / Spectro / Pirate & Princess / Animal Kingdom / MJJP =)

Last trip: July 10 - ASSp/AKL
    Next trip: May 11 - Planning Session with DFTW!

Disney Bride - 11/10/11

Post Thanks / Like

It's just my DH and I. We went last year for the first time and saw so many adults dressed up that we decided we will too this year. I'm going as Elizabeth Swann and he's going to be Capt. Jack Sparrow.
    Go Nashville Predators!
    9/09 ASMo
    10/08 ASMu
    9/07 Caribbean Beach
    1/07 Marriott - family trip

9/06 Coronado Springs

09/03 Coronado Springs - Honeymoon
    10/99 Coronado Springs

06/96 Old Key West
    07/93 Beach Club
    12/91 Offsite - High School Trip

Post Thanks / Like

Just wondering...if you are dressing up....what date are you going?? We are going on October 2, but I am worried that if we dress up, we might be the only ones, because it is still a bit early! I also wanted to stop at a monorail restaurant to eat before we arrive, but I am not sure if I would be brave enough to go to dinner in costume to a restaurant outside of the MK!

Post Thanks / Like

My sister and I are going on the 16th September and we are both dressing up.
    She is going to be a fairy godmother and I am going to be a regular fairy - Fairy Hedgehog
    Dragongirlx (AkA Ruth)

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

2004 - offsite
    2006 - Dolphin
    2007- WL
    2008 - Poly
    2009 - WL
    2010 - GF
    2012 - WL
    2013 - WL
    2014 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

We'll be there on Oct 9th. We'll be dressed up, but we haven't decided on our costumes yet, though.

Post Thanks / Like

We will be going the party on the 2nd. DH will be Jack Sparrow (again) and I'm not sure yet. I have a couple Disney costumes to pick from.
    ~Ashley~
    ~ºOº 83-93 -Poly
    96-ASMu
    2x 2006- POR
    2x 2007- CBR/POR
    2008- AKL
    2009- CR
    Apr 2010- Poly
    Oct 2010- AKL & Poly
    Next trip Mar 2011 GF ºOº~

Here you leave today - and visit the worlds of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy

Post Thanks / Like

I've decided I want us all to dress up, but I keep changing my mind on what to be. The latest is Mousketeers (an idea I saw on here) since there are 7 of us plus we can still dress cool. Now I'm trying to decide whether or not to get ears before we go, while we're there, or not at all (I do have some cheap party headband ones we could use though).
    5/04 - Caribbean Beach
    5/05 - Caribbean Beach
    11/06 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Honeymoon)
    6/07 - Caribbean Beach
    10/08 - SSR (for DS's 1st B-day)

DVC Owners @ AKV as of 4/08
    Next Trip: 6/09 - SWW!

Post Thanks / Like

We will be going in Early Sept (second week I think), so if anyone else is going, dress up as well!!! Then none of us have to worry about being the only ones there in costumes. Anyone else going for the Early Sept party???

D
    It's gonna be the future soon
    I won't always be this way
    When the things that make me weak and strange get engineered away
    -Emil Bleehall - Adventurer of the Year!

Next Stop... MNSSHP Oct. 2011! Oh boy here we go!

Post Thanks / Like

We went last year on 9/28 and dressed up as Pirates! I will try and post a link to the picture if I can figure out how to do it! It was awesome and a lot of people dressed up. We are going on 9/26 this year, but have not decided what we are going as, but we will be dressed up! Go for it!

Post Thanks / Like

The whole family dresses up! You're never too old to have fun!!
    Jul80 DLR, Dec75 FW, Sept91 offsite, Sept95 ASSp, June00 offsite, June01 ASMo, July02 WL, June03 ASMo, Oct03 POR, Poly, Aug04 Pop,ASMu, Oct04 ASSp, Sept05 CSR,Pop,CBR, Dec06 WL,Pop, Sept07 POP,POR, Dec07 POP,May08 POP, Sept08 CR,Sept09 POP,Aug10 CBR, Feb11 POP, July11 AKL, Nov12 POP, March13 offsite

Post Thanks / Like

I'm the youngest, age 24, and I demand my family dress up! Its fun. I don't know what we're going to be this year. Probably tacky tourists or maybe something Disney park related...
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TFrauts View Post
    Just wondering...if you are dressing up....what date are you going?? We are going on October 2, but I am worried that if we dress up, we might be the only ones, because it is still a bit early! I also wanted to stop at a monorail restaurant to eat before we arrive, but I am not sure if I would be brave enough to go to dinner in costume to a restaurant outside of the MK!
    LOL!! We're going Oct 2 too! So you wont be alone

However we are going to wait to eat in MK at a CS
    '94-DVC OKW * '94-'96 OKW * '97 OKW, BWV * '98 OKW, DI * '99 OKW, FW * '00 OKW, VB * '01 OKW,Y&BC,BWV * '02 SSR * '03-'05 OKW*2006 BWV,AKL*'07 OKW * '08 AKV, SSR * '10 BLT * '11 BLT Next: 03/13 WL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dmosher View Post
    We will be going in Early Sept (second week I think), so if anyone else is going, dress up as well!!! Then none of us have to worry about being the only ones there in costumes. Anyone else going for the Early Sept party???

D
    We are planning on going to MNSSHP on 9/16 and we will all dress up. There will be at least 8 of us going....but there are 21 traveling in our GG total so more may decide to come.... I have no idea what we are going to dress as but I am thinking it is not going to be a Disney theme. I am thinking more like dressing us all up from the 50's or 70's or maybe even do a punk theme (I think 96 year old Aunt Apple would look great with a rainbow mohawk!!). I really want to do the wizard of oz but I think it will be just to hot for most of those kinds of costumes. It will be fun putting it all together no matter what we choose though!!

~Cheryl~

2x's as a child, 2003 - Music, 2005 - Pop, 2007 - Music (Sept.), 2007- Movies (SSW), 2008-Movies, 2008 - Movies (Nov), 2009 - Movies (June)

2010- March - not booked but going for youngests 7th birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

DH and I are going on October 16th. I am going as Tinkerbell, and I'm making the dress so it's as close as possible to Tink's real dress (but a little longer so as to make it G rated). That means boning and everything to keep that strapless number up where it's supposed to be!

DH isn't sure what he'll be yet, but I think he's leaning toward Peter Pan. He'd love to be Hook, but you must keep the high temps in mind. The last couple MNSSHP's we did were hot! One was Halloween night, the other was early October, and it was hot and humid. I felt bad for all of the Jack Sparrows and Elizabeth Swans I saw! Poor people had sweat dripping down their faces. So, keep comfort in mind.

Guess I better get crackin' on that dress! I still haven't bought a pattern yet.
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

We are going 10/19 and 10/23. We are wearing costumes one of the nights for sure and it is still undecided if we are dressing both nights
    Every year from 76 to 87 offsite,
    Sept 93 POFQ
    Sept 95 POFQ
    Sept 97 POFQ
    July 05 ASMV
    July 06 ASMV
    October 08 ASMV
    July 10 POFQ
    December 10 POFQ
    June 2011 ASM
    December 2012 POFQ
    August 2014 ASSP

Post Thanks / Like

I am thinking this might finally be the time for me to wear something 'out' for halloween, that I could normally NEVER wear! We live in ontario canada, so normally, for halloween, we have to wear stuff that fits our winter coat underneath! How are the bugs in october? Are there mosquitos or anything that bites that might make me wish I had worn 'more' clothes?

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: