Quantcast abc Christmas parade 2008

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default abc Christmas parade 2008

Hi, am I right to assume that abc will be filming this year on December 5 and 6?

Each year that I go, there are already TONS of people lining Main Street USA. How do these people get in so early? Can you buy some kind of special even ticket to the taping? Anyone know who the guests will be this year? Think the Jonas Brothers or Miley Cyrus or Dancing with the Stars people?
    Poly Nov 2003
    Pop, Poly Nov 2004
    Poly Dec 2004
    CBR, Poly Feb 2006
    Poly Nov 2006
    ASM, FQ, Poly Dec 2006
    BC, CBR, Poly, CSR Oct 2007
    AKL, YC, Poly Nov 2008

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

1) Annual Pass holders get first dibs on the early admission rights.
    2) If there are any left, they parcel them out.
    3) Usually only a few remain.
    4) After that, regular admissions have to stand in the rear.

NOTE: Most of the people you see on-camera are paid actors. There are only a few "real people". In fact, they bring in a lot of children actors to be in the crowd. I was amazed and disillusioned when I found put how many.
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking it would be that weekend too but haven't read anything confirming that. Has anyone heard the official word???
    Lisa
    Next: Beach Club, January 2013
    BWI, January 2011
    Dolphin, September 2010
    Dolphin, April 2009
    BWI, December 2008
    Contemporary, December 2007
    Contemporary, December 2006
    AS Music, December 1995
    Travel Lodge (Hotel Plaza), April 1994
    Off site, Spring 1984
    Off site, Summer 1974

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
    1) Annual Pass holders get first dibs on the early admission rights.
    2) If there are any left, they parcel them out.
    3) Usually only a few remain.
    4) After that, regular admissions have to stand in the rear.

NOTE: Most of the people you see on-camera are paid actors. There are only a few "real people". In fact, they bring in a lot of children actors to be in the crowd. I was amazed and disillusioned when I found put how many.
    Would "seasonal" passholders receive the same treatment as "annual" passholders regarding first dibs?

What time is the early entry, when do they film it?

Post Thanks / Like

The people who are usually allowed the tickets are people who know CMs and people who know the performers. As far as i know they are no planted ppl. Annual pass holders have no priority at all. Its open to everybody but by and large its the two groups though.
    attention space travelers all flights have been put in a holding patern. travelers in rockets please remain seated as ur flight will continue in a moment. those travelers awaiting departure please remain where you are and a host or hostess will direct you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMtn101 View Post
    The people who are usually allowed the tickets are people who know CMs and people who know the performers. As far as i know they are no planted ppl. Annual pass holders have no priority at all. Its open to everybody but by and large its the two groups though.
    1) Untrue.
    2) From Orlando Sentinel, November 2, 2007:

"Before I could tell you about it, they were gone. It took less than 6 hours on Thursday for passholder tickets for the taping of the Walt Disney World Christmas Day parade to be snapped up . . . Earlier this week, a note appeared on the passholder Web site, indicating that in November we would be able to submit requests for the Nov. 30 taping of celebrity performances on the castle stage in the Magic Kingdom."

"If you were not one of the lucky ones and you want to see the taping, you still can . . . Be forewarned: It might not be worth your while. My family went last year without tickets and it was incredibly difficult to navigate Main Street. Cast members were firm in not allowing anyone inside the ropes who didn't have a wristband, which meant we couldn't see much over the crowd of spectators that were a dozen or more deep."

Post Thanks / Like

Default So...

Should assume that it would be wise to stay away from the MK on those days? We will be there during that time, and even though the hours aren't out yet, I am trying to plan our days. If I know I should eliminate MK on those days that helps some. Oh, and are we 100% sure those are the dates and if not, when can we expect to know the dates?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alilprincessmom99 View Post
    Should assume that it would be wise to stay away from the MK on those days?
    1) Only Main Street - it is mobbed.
    2) And a few hours in Tomorrowland.
    3) The rest of the park is pretty "normal".

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks!

Thanks for the info Rusty, I appreciate the input!

Post Thanks / Like

How many wristbands per annual passholder? And, what was the cost of the ticket for the taping?
    Poly Nov 2003
    Pop, Poly Nov 2004
    Poly Dec 2004
    CBR, Poly Feb 2006
    Poly Nov 2006
    ASM, FQ, Poly Dec 2006
    BC, CBR, Poly, CSR Oct 2007
    AKL, YC, Poly Nov 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Tickets (for AP) were free for the asking if you got your e-mail in on time. We were there for the last few tapings, didn't request tickets and stayed far away from MK as we could...
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
    1) Untrue.
    2) From Orlando Sentinel, November 2, 2007:

"Before I could tell you about it, they were gone. It took less than 6 hours on Thursday for passholder tickets for the taping of the Walt Disney World Christmas Day parade to be snapped up . . . Earlier this week, a note appeared on the passholder Web site, indicating that in November we would be able to submit requests for the Nov. 30 taping of celebrity performances on the castle stage in the Magic Kingdom."

"If you were not one of the lucky ones and you want to see the taping, you still can . . . Be forewarned: It might not be worth your while. My family went last year without tickets and it was incredibly difficult to navigate Main Street. Cast members were firm in not allowing anyone inside the ropes who didn't have a wristband, which meant we couldn't see much over the crowd of spectators that were a dozen or more deep."

that must of changed last christmmas ... but cast members still get piority and ppl performing in the parade then passholders. Cast members know months in advance when it is and up till when they can get tickets and how many but you can not be working during the time they are taping.
    attention space travelers all flights have been put in a holding patern. travelers in rockets please remain seated as ur flight will continue in a moment. those travelers awaiting departure please remain where you are and a host or hostess will direct you.

Post Thanks / Like

So if we want to go this year, how do we got about getting these "free" passholder tickets and when is the actual taping in 2008?

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: