Quantcast MNSSHP fun?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: MNSSHP fun?

Post Thanks / Like

Question MNSSHP fun?

Has anyone been? We bought tickets for our trip in September (Tuesday the 23rd to be exact) We have 2 little ones... almost 3 and 1 1/2. Should they dress up? Should me and my MOM dress up? What is there to do? Is the trick or treating well marked? Can we get character pics and autographs?

Sorry for all the questions... DOnt want to go with my daughter in street cloths only to find out every other 3 year old is dressed in their princess dresses.
    Trish

Next Trip Jan 2015 1 night POR, then BWV renting points
    Sept 2013 BWV renting points
    Nov 2012 BWV renting points for my big 4-0
    Sept 2011 BWV renting points
    Sept 2009 POP
    Sept 2008 POP
    Sept. 2007 POP
    Sept 2003 ASMu

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The kids will love it...dress them in costumes...make a reservation now if you want to eat at a table service...I book for 4:30 as they will let you into the park at 4pm...even though the party doesn't start until 7pm...especially with young children who will probably not last until midnight. They will give you a map with all the areas that have trick-or-treat stations...there are lots...we always come back with a lunch bag (which they provide disney style with handles decorated) full. Costumes for the adults is optional, but you will see 1/2 in some sort of costume or hat or accessory...you will have a GREAT time...I just go our tickets for the 28th of Sept...HURRAY.
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't notice your character comment...there are many villians out, but our granddaughter was only 9 months so we didn't have to do that last year...we ate at Liberty Tree Tavern and the four characters that are there were all dressed in Halloween costumes also. I don't know about the Crystal Palace with Winnie the Pooh and friends...perhaps someone else will have that answer.
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

It's lots of fun. the kids don't have to dress up, but I would have them do it - it's more fun that way - Trick or Treating in MK is a blast. In fact, if you're up to it, dress up with them. A lot of adults do (including us). It's fun.

The character interaction is fun, too. Make sure you don't miss the walkway between toontown and tomorrowland - there are candy stops all along the way and Wonderland characters for pics and autographs. We didn't wait more than 1 or 2 minutes for any of the characters that night.

Also, the park is closed to anyone without a ticket to the party, so lines can be a lot shorter.

And the special parade and fireworks are awesome.

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone have a best favorite place to watch the parade? How early should we "stake out" a spot?
    Trish

Sept 2009 POP
    Sept 2008 POP
    Sept. 2007 POP
    Sept 2003 ASMu

Post Thanks / Like

MNSSHP was such a blast when I attended in October 2007 (despite the humidity)! There were 4 adults and my DD (20 months at the time) in my group, and I only dressed up my DD in a princess costume. However, there were a lot of adults dressed up and I'm kind of bummed that I didn't.
    As for staking out any particular viewing spot: my advice would be to do it early. We had 15-20 minutes before the first parade started and my husband had a "challening" time trying to find a spot for all of us to stand, including a place for a stroller. We ended up in Frontierland across from the Country Jamboree Bear "house." Actually, that was probably the best place to be, because once the parade was over we found our way back to Main Street and were able to watch most of the parade again!
    Just another side note: there's a time in the parade when "grave diggers" go by and scrape their shovels along the road...this did startle my daughter. Other than that, the parade was sooooo good that it made it hard to return home and view the local halloween parade.
    Have fun!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile mnsshp

the halloween party at mk is the greatest party of all. we have gone every year for the last 5 yrs and have the last 5 yrs. collection of halloween pins. they are just grand.

the only other party that was as much fun was new year's eve at mk. that was also grand.

love it love it love it

we all wear something fun, even if its only a fun hat from the park.

Post Thanks / Like

yes, it was a blast. and we had so much fun last year, we are sneaking a quick weekend trip in so we can do the party again this year.

kate
    Oct 07 POR
    Oct 08 ASMo
    Jan 09 ASMu
    SEP 09 ASMo
    DEC 09 CBR-solo trip
    Dec 10 Pop
    Oct 11 CS
    Oct 12 CSR, Dream
    Dec 12 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

MNSSHP is a blast! We try to go every year! I would dress everyone in costume, the kids think it's neat ( as do I!). You will get a map showing where the trick-or-treat stations are. It also shows where most of the characters will be! There are usually a lot of villians out along with the regular gang! Very cool!! For the parade, I would try Frontierland, I find it to be a little less crowded. I would stake out a spot at least 40 minutes before parade time! As for the special fireworks, I would be in front of the castle a half hour before they start. It will be crowded there, but it's the spot to get the full effect of the entire show! Also, if you want to go on the rides, we have found the lines to be very short during the parade! However, we hardly ever find the time to ride more than one or two because of all the neat Halloween Party things going on! All in all, it is a WONDERFUL evening! Have fun!!
    Jul80 DLR, Dec75 FW, Sept91 offsite, Sept95 ASSp, June00 offsite, June01 ASMo, July02 WL, June03 ASMo, Oct03 POR, Poly, Aug04 Pop,ASMu, Oct04 ASSp, Sept05 CSR,Pop,CBR, Dec06 WL,Pop, Sept07 POP,POR, Dec07 POP,May08 POP, Sept08 CR,Sept09 POP,Aug10 CBR, Feb11 POP, July11 AKL, Nov12 POP, March13 offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Great fun for everyone of all ages...the Boo to You parade is the best parade at WDW or DL(IMHO). The synchronized grave diggers are very cool.

My husband and I went as Intrepid Explorers (had our khaki shirts and pants, a butterfly net, pith helmets, hiking boots, and attached large rubber spiders and bugs to ourselves) on our last visit two years ago. It was an easy costume to pack. We got lots of unexpected attention (and treats) from the cast members in Adventureland since we looked like Jungle Cruise captains!

There's a dance party for the kids in Fantasyland with lots of characters. It looked like the kids were having lots of fun.

The lines were short for the rides, the atmosphere was fun, the fireworks were cool with a great villain theme.

Definitely worth it...we'll be going again in September. I do wish they would convert the HM to the Nightmare Before Christmas theme like it is at DL...
    June 29-July 5th-Shades of Green
    Sep 2013-Port Orleans FQ
    Dec 2010 Coronado Springs
    Dec 2009 Pop Century
    Sep 2008 POFQ
    Sep 2006 POFQ
    SOG Dec 2006
    April 2002 All Star
    May 1998 SOG
    June 1993 POFQ
    Disneyland-numerous times since 1966 (Last time-Jul 2012)

LAFITTE, LA, UNITED STATES( 674 MILES AWAY)
    Post Thanks / Like

we went to the party last year for the first time, and i thought it was a blast, and we are going again this year, and plan to go every year from now on
    Jimmy

Co-Host: The Disney Nerds Podcast

Post Thanks / Like

By viewing the firewors in front of the castle... which side? The Main street side/ or once you go through to the other/ park side
    Trish

Sept 2009 POP
    Sept 2008 POP
    Sept. 2007 POP
    Sept 2003 ASMu

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: