Quantcast What's the funniest thing you ever witnessed at a disney park?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What's the funniest thing you ever witnessed at a disney park?

We were walking in Epcot,and saw a boy probably around six or seven pushing his Mom in the stroller,we thought that was classic!!!
    Disneyland 1969-1988
    ASM 2000
    ASM 2002
    ASM 2003
    ASM 2004
    Pop 2004 (50's)
    Pop Oct.2006(70's)
    Pop May 2007(50's)
    Pop Dec.2007(60's)
    Pop Oct.2008
    PORS May 2010
    Wilderness Lodge 2013

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, please don't think I'm a terrible person. You know how you see something that you know you really shouldn't laugh at, but you just can't help it? This is one of those...

In 2001, we were in Epcot, walking up to the entrance of The Land. As most of you know, it's a pretty steep incline up to the doors, and there are 2 paths that merge into one at the top. We were 3/4 of the way up the right path when all at once, we heard a woman yelling "Whoa!!! Catch Grandma!". We looked to our left, and this poor woman is in a wheel chair, rolling increasing quickly down the left path. Her grandson (looked to be about 7-8 years old) is running for his life, trying to catch & stop her. Mom is right behind him, screaming, "I told you not to let go!". Luckily, people walking up the left path realized she was out of control and were able to safely stop her. (And if she had been harmed in any way, I wouldn't have posted about it.) To this day, my mom laughs about "grandma getting loose", and says she'll never let us push her around in a wheel chair.

~Michelle~
    1980, 1983-1986, 1988, 1992, 1993
    1995 -Disneyland
    July 2001 -POFQ
    May 2006, May 2008, May 2010 -Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 2011-Port Orleans Riverside
    Sept. 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room
    May 11-25, 2013 - Polynesian Resort
    Next trip: Dec. 14-20, 2014 - Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tygger7 View Post
    Okay, please don't think I'm a terrible person. You know how you see something that you know you really shouldn't laugh at, but you just can't help it? This is one of those...

In 2001, we were in Epcot, walking up to the entrance of The Land. As most of you know, it's a pretty steep incline up to the doors, and there are 2 paths that merge into one at the top. We were 3/4 of the way up the right path when all at once, we heard a woman yelling "Whoa!!! Catch Grandma!". We looked to our left, and this poor woman is in a wheel chair, rolling increasing quickly down the left path. Her grandson (looked to be about 7-8 years old) is running for his life, trying to catch & stop her. Mom is right behind him, screaming, "I told you not to let go!". Luckily, people walking up the left path realized she was out of control and were able to safely stop her. (And if she had been harmed in any way, I wouldn't have posted about it.) To this day, my mom laughs about "grandma getting loose", and says she'll never let us push her around in a wheel chair.

I'm glad she didn't get hurt. That must have been really funny.
    Tinkerfreak
    oct./nov. 2002-AKL
    oct./nov. 2003-WL
    nov. 2004-AKL
    oct./nov. 2005-AKL
    Dec. 2006 BC
    April 2007 AKL
    oct./nov. 2007 AKL/Poly
    oct./nov. 2008 POFQ/AKL
    Nov. 2009 CBR
    May 2010 BW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LizLovesDiz View Post
    We were walking in Epcot,and saw a boy probably around six or seven pushing his Mom in the stroller,we thought that was classic!!!
    I had thought about having my kids push me around but I didnt want to not have a story of it posted on here...
    Amy
    80 Camping șoș
    89 Offsite șoș
    05 ASM șoș
    06-07-08-09-10-10-11-12-13-14-15 POR șoș

Post Thanks / Like

I think some of the funniest experiences I've seen are from costumed characters.

One time, I was sat on a bench in MK's Town Square waiting for Spectromagic. A lot of people were exiting the park and, naturally, you wouldn't expect them to look to their right or left when they're exiting (they're usually heading straight for the turnstiles).

Anyhoo - I was sat facing where Spectromagic would enter into Town Square from the Car Barn area, next to the Hair Salon / Barber Shop place (next to Emporium). King Louis (from Jungle Book) was hanging out in the area, but not in the middle of the crowds that were walking down Main Street. It's weird - kids usually run up to characters, but everyone seemed to keep missing him. Everytime a family walked by, King Louis would wave, and then act all sad or shrug his shoulders if they didn't acknowledge him. It wasn't as though he was just stood there - he was monkeying around, waving, and even dancing! He had me laughing, and he blew me a kiss when it was his time to leave.

Another time, I was in the character meet and greet in Epcot's Electric Umbrella area. It was towards the end of the night, so the place was empty - I think there was only 1 family and myself interacting with the characters (Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Chip, & Dale). It was awesome! Instead of a quick hi and a hug like you get during the day, the characters were really playful and spent time taking lots of different pics with us all.

Chip and Dale had me in hysterics - Chip took my camera at one point and was taking pics of me and then taking pics of me & him, and then acted like he was a guest and took pics of the other guests and also the characters. Dale was equally as mischievous - he was playing tag with the too young kids from the family - they got a real kick out of it.

It's those unexpected little pieces of magic that really warm the heart and make you enjoy the moment and put a smile on your face!
    Disney is life......the rest is just details!

Post Thanks / Like

My funny story is something I heard. My SIL wouldn't go on Test Track, her reason was "It goes faster than 55 miles per hour and that's speeding and she'd be breaking the law"

Post Thanks / Like

Ok I have two because I can't decide which is better. My family was going to epcot and when we first walked in the entrance a man in a cowboy hat was staring at, well what everyone stares at when they first go into epcot. Anyway so he looks at me and says, " That there is a big ole'ball." I almost died laughing. the second story was a mgm where the giant coke bottle is, and if you open the cooler it shoots water at you. So my brothers and I sent my mother over there and she got squirted with water. THen as we are walking past another family. (obviously from britain) They said "Did you just see what those silly yanks did to thier mom? I just liked being called a silly yank.
    Our Little Princess Isabelle Born 11/30/09

2001-Contemporary
    2005-All Star Movies(Dh Proposed!)
    2007- Honeymoon! Poly-Wilderness-DCL
    Sept 08- Saratoga Springs-Bought DVC!
    May 09- AKL/ Wilderness Villas (Babymoon!)
    Next Trip- Sept.10 AKL Jambo House

Post Thanks / Like

I would have laughed too I laughed just reading your post....once my DD (4 at the time) was in our driveway trying to get in the stroller we had for our younger DD... it was an old fashion stroller, one of those big bassinet type... Well she got herself in and gave enough momentum that the stroller started going down the driveway.... I ran in horror chasing her down the driveway across the street where she came to a stop at the curb.... THANK goodness our street is not busy... as soon as I knew she was ok me, mom and dh all were hysterically laughing...the sight of the stroller going and going and me chasing it... and DD stands up in the stroller and says "mommy can i do it again that was fun"

I can't think of anything offhand that I found overly funny in WDW... I will be sure to post back if I think of something... it has been fun reading these though!!

~Cheryl~

2x's as a child, 2003 - Music, 2005 - Pop, 2007 - Music (Sept.), 2007- Movies (SSW), 2008-Movies, 2008 - Movies (Nov), 2009 - Movies (June)

2010- March - not booked but going for youngests 7th birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm am dying about "That there is a big ol' ball!" Classic.

We had just been to Toon Town one morning and watched Chip & Dale making mayhem in Minnie's kitchen. We immediately went to Chef Mickey's. The kids had to tattle to Minnie. She chased Chip across the room and TACKLED him. Dale rushed over and joined the fun, lifting Minnie's skirt at one point.

Obviously this was a while back. I miss Chip & Dale at CMs!
    ~~Julie~~

Post Thanks / Like

This happened January 2006, this one I wish I had a camcorder....

We were getting soft serve ice cream at Mrs Potts in Fantasyland, and people who just got their orders kept coming back saying they needed a new cone since they were attacked by seagulls. My Mom got her order before me and sure enough, a minute later she was back for a new cone claiming to be attacked by a seagull. She walked away with her new cone and it happened again, a seagull swooped down trying to get the ice cream and made a mess of it. People were buying their ice cream and running like crazy to get to the other side of the walkway where the tables are, shielding their cones from the birds. Finally all of us in our party made it safely to our table with our soft serve and we spent the next half hour watching the sea gulls dive-bombing people with ice cream cones (I felt bad for the people, but it was really funny to see the looks on their faces.) One poor woman was walking with an almost finished Mickey pop, a sea gull swooped from behind and took it out of her hand by the stick! Disney employees were going around like crazy cleaning up mounds of ice cream off the sidewalk and Mrs Potts was giving out more replacement cones than ones paid for!
    -Michelle

"I DO!" Engaged at MK Railroad Station overlooking Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks 2/24/01.
    Raising a future Disney Freak.
    DD's 1st trip @ 9 weeks old (20 year anniversary of my first trip), been back every year since!

Post Thanks / Like

This was 14 years ago in Epcot. My sis, who was pregnant at the time, was walking in front of my BIL and me. There was a seagull hovering above her as she opened her only granola bar (one of the few things she could eat) and once she got most of the wrapper off, he swooped down and took it right out of her hand! To say she was angry is an understatement. I only had time to yell her name before it swooped.
    șoșKathyșoș TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Post Thanks / Like

This may not sound as funny in writing, but one time we were near Mrs. Potts Cupboard when a sudden downpore started. We ducked under the awning in front of Mrs. Potts Cupboard (I believe that's what it was). All of a sudden we see Winnie The Pooh come running full speed out of his meet and greet area with his "handler" holding a large plastic bag over Pooh's head! It just seemed so odd we couldn't stop laughing.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, it wasn't really at a park, but happened on the way to a park. We were getting on the bus at our resort and by the time we left it was standing room only. Everyone must have been tired because the bus was unusually quiet except for one little boy sitting in the front with his parents. He was maybe 4 or 5 and just the cutest little kid with glasses. Well after we pulled away from the resort the mom made him sit on her lap to free up a seat for someone and then another man offered his seat to a woman that was standing and before she had a chance to respond the little boy says (very loudly) "you can sit on my dad's lap!" Well the whole bus just burst out laughing. The woman laughed and told him " I don't think your mommy would be too happy about that". To which he replied "she won't care!" I don't think we'll ever forget that little guy... he was just too cute!

Post Thanks / Like

This was over ten years ago, but my brother and I were sitting in Frontierland by the Turkey Leg wagon. We noticed a family getting legs for their son and daughter.

I guess the boy, who appeared a little older than the girl, was bugging her...y'know how older brothers can be. Well, the mom and dad hand a leg to the daughter first and then they turn their backs to pay the CM.

Out of nowhere the girl hauls off and whacks her brother with the turkey leg and just starts eating like nothing was wrong. The boy's got oil and fat dripping from his cheek. When his parents turn back around they're like, "<insert kids name here> Are you OK? What happened to you?" He was all dazed and confused.

As a little sister, I couldn't help but giggle and feel inside, "you go with that turkey leg, girl!"
    DW of lotrfan
    Offsite - '81-'86
    DL - '89, '97, '05
    POFQ - '94, '95
    FW - '96
    POR - '98, '01
    CBR - '08 (Honeymoon)
    AsMo - '09 (Princess 5K & 1st Anniversary)
    DCL - Dec. '11 (30th b-day gift)

Post Thanks / Like

After Epcot closed one night, we were at TTC waiting on the SOG bus. There were alot of people there too. My nephew and BIL decide they are going to sword fight. At first they were Capt Hook and Peter Pan, but kept switching characters. My nephew was even fighting with one hand to do his best as Capt Hook. The are both very dramatic. My BIL and sister are both from theater/drama and sang in the KY Opera for years. So, to say the least, seeing them acting silly like this is normal to us. Half our group had already made it back to the room, so it left those two, me, my DH and 2 kids and my brother and his wife. We were all sitting there about to knock over when we heard everyone start clapping. We look up to see my nephew laying on the ground playing dead. Right at the time we looked around, he jumped up and took a bow. So did my BIL. Everyone was clapping and yelling for them. This went on a good 20 min (until the next bus came)! They had people from other bus stops coming over to watching them. The longer it went on, the bigger the crowd. And everytime my nephew would play dead, you would see him open his one eye to see how many people were clapping. It was priceless. They actually had people come up and tell them that they gave the characters and performers in the park a run for their money.
    Jessica

Next Up - Aug 09' Wilderness Lodge
    98-08 - Shades of Green
    80-97 - Poly, CR, ASSports and family Condo at Daytona Beach.

Post Thanks / Like

Waiting on the tram in the MK parking lot, there was an older, bald man walking towards it dressed as the Tooth Fairy. It was the funniest costume I have ever seen. Naturally, this was a night of a MNSSHP.

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, please don't think I'm a terrible person. You know how you see something that you know you really shouldn't laugh at, but you just can't help it? This is one of those... "Whoa!!! Catch Grandma!".
    That really made my day, and no your not a terrible person...
    Bill
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.

AKL, Jambo, September 18 to October 2, 2012

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brewcrew26 View Post
    This was over ten years ago, but my brother and I were sitting in Frontierland by the Turkey Leg wagon. We noticed a family getting legs for their son and daughter.

I guess the boy, who appeared a little older than the girl, was bugging her...y'know how older brothers can be. Well, the mom and dad hand a leg to the daughter first and then they turn their backs to pay the CM.

Out of nowhere the girl hauls off and whacks her brother with the turkey leg and just starts eating like nothing was wrong. The boy's got oil and fat dripping from his cheek. When his parents turn back around they're like, "<insert kids name here> Are you OK? What happened to you?" He was all dazed and confused.

As a little sister, I couldn't help but giggle and feel inside, "you go with that turkey leg, girl!"
    lol that's too funny.
    ~Beth~
    1st trip Nov. 24, 2006-ASmovies (4nights)
    Nov. 25, 2007-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Sept. 6, 2008-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Nov. 28, 2009 ASMovies (7nights)
    Nov 28, 2015 AOA (7 nights)
    December 10, 2016 AKL/Pop (7nights)
    Nov. 25, 2017 AsMusic (8 Nights)
    Next Trip March 4 AsSports (4 nights)

Post Thanks / Like

OMG!!! These stories are sooo funny!

The turkey leg made me laugh at loud! I can totally see our kids doing this!

And the Grandma story is classic....

My trips seem to be fairly tame!

DJ
    1978-offsite
    December 2003-POR
    June 2005-POFQ
    February 2006-Off site
    June 2006-POFQ
    March 2007-POFQ
    June 6-13, 2008- POFQ

Next: Christmas-New Year's Disneyland or World...not sure yet, but I will be at one!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

On our last trip, our girls went to see Aladdin and Jasmine. Aladdin was really playing it up asking the girls what their "servants" do for them. (DH and me) Like, do they buy you things? Do they drive you everywhere? etc.

My DD15 was really playing it up all day. When she needed a napkin, it was "servant, get me a napkin"

We went into the bathroom with both girls. I'm standing outsite of the stall, waiting for her to finish when she cries "servant, wipe my butt"

I was mortified until I saw my DD15 giggling and then I busted out laughing. Who knows what people thought.
    Then: #runICOT 1/16
    GC Disneyland 10/15
    #runICOT 1/15
    OKW 7/14
    BWV #runICOT 1/14
    VBR and BCV 7/13
    AoA 10/12 iCOT 15th!
    VBR, OKW, Magic, & AKL 5/12
    BCV, BLT, Dream 8/11
    BWV 9/09
    AKV & DCL Magic 5/09
    POR 11/08 (no KIDS)