Quantcast How long is MK Dreams Parade / Will I make my ADR?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default How long is MK Dreams Parade / Will I make my ADR?

In September, Dreams Parade in MK is at 3:00 p.m. I have an ADR for Coral Reef in Epcot at 4:50 p.m. With 2 strollers in tow, do we have time to see the parade, then hop the monorail to Epcot and be in time for our dinner reservation without killing ourselves?

thanks!

t

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

it will be close ....
    dont forget the parade of dreams starts in frontier land. It depends where on the route you want to see it. The best place to see would be main strret so u can get out of the park but you have to start lining up at least 30 min before because ppl coming into the parade. The parade is about 15 min but main street will be packed and be patient trying to get out. Hopefully the parade should be coming down main street about 3:20 to 3:25 and should be over about 3:35 to 3:40 depending where on main street you are. You should be out of the park by 4 and that gives u bout an hour to take either the boat or monorail to tta and then to epcot. the monorail from tta to epcot is at least 15 min. You still have to get into the park and walk all the way and have two strollers to either get from renting or that you brought on your own. Honestly its going to be really rough to get there without rushing around.
    attention space travelers all flights have been put in a holding patern. travelers in rockets please remain seated as ur flight will continue in a moment. those travelers awaiting departure please remain where you are and a host or hostess will direct you.

Post Thanks / Like

Default parade

I would sit at the very front of the parade in frontierland, at the edge, get there early so that you can be in the front row and not amongst the crowd. Then when the parade is ALMOST over, ditch the last few floats so that you can avoid the heavy crowd, and you should be able to make it but remember you still have to walk back to coral reef restaurant and that is quite a walk from the front gate; further than it looks.

Post Thanks / Like

Alright - so the fact that my ADR is actually at 4:30 means I'm not looking so good (and that I'm blind and can't read when my ADRs really are)? Sorry about the goof(y)

t

Post Thanks / Like

If your ADRs are at 4:30, I wouldn't attempt to see the parade first. You'd need to make it out of the park after the parade concludes (when many other folks have the same idea), wait for a monorail to the TTC, disembark one monorail & hop on another, then get to Epcot, get through the front gates & hoof it to Coral Reef. I'm afraid you'd be so frazzled you may not enjoy your dinner. I'm sure it could be done, but you'd have to be driving those strollers at peak speed!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't. I don't think there would be enough time.
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jonahbear2006 View Post
    I would sit at the very front of the parade in frontierland, at the edge, get there early so that you can be in the front row and not amongst the crowd. Then when the parade is ALMOST over, ditch the last few floats so that you can avoid the heavy crowd, and you should be able to make it but remember you still have to walk back to coral reef restaurant and that is quite a walk from the front gate; further than it looks.
    I would do this, too. You can still see the parade, and "beat it" back to the main gate if you go around the back side of the park-or maybe take the train back to the gate. I think you'll be okay, as long as you leave as soon as the last float goes by!
    "That’s the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." ~Walt Disney

Disneyland 1987
    WDW 1992
    POFQ 6/25/01-7/1/01
    POP 6/26/06-7/1/06
    POP 8/4/08-8/9/08
    POR 8/5/09-8/12/09
    POR 10/27-10/31
    Next Trip- POR 6/23-6/28

Post Thanks / Like

I think you could make it if everything went perfectly. Given crowd levels and unpredictable Disney transportation I would have to say perfect is unlikely. I would be amazed if you made it especially with strollers ans children. If your ADR's are important to you (they would be to me) I would have to say skip the parade and go to Epcot without rushing so much.
    POFQ Jan 2011
    Saratoga Springs May 2010
    POFQ May 2009 and Sept 2009
    POFQ Aug 2008
    POFQ Sept. and March 2007
    POFQ March 2006
    POFQ March 2005 POR July 2005
    POR Dec 2005
    CS August 2004
    Contemporary & POR May/June 2003
    CB May 2002
    OKW 2001
    Disney villas 2000

Post Thanks / Like

You can still see the parade, and "beat it" back to the main gate if you go around the back side of the park-or maybe take the train back to the gate.
    The trains sit during the parade: one at Main Street station and one at TTF, and don't start running again until about 3:15 (after the last float crosses the tracks).

My suggestion:

See the parade on Main Street, and grab a spot near the City Hall side of the tunnel under the train station. When that last float passes by, head out to the monorail (grab the resort side), and get off at the second stop. Then transfer to the Epcot monorail, and get over to that park. If you *must* take the Express monorail, keep in mind that just about every other person trying to leave will have the same idea (taking the express side).

I usually recommend an hour's travel time between parks, and that's just about what you'll have. I don't know what the park hours are at MK that day, so can't comment on what the crowd levels will be.
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

1) I don't think you will make it.
    2) The parade will end about 3:30, or so.
    3) Then you have to fight the crowds.
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

go for it. I have shown up at the most an hour late for an ADR and they still seated me in a timely manner. I would get there as quick as you can, but even if you are late it shouldn't be a problem.
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptSmee View Post
    go for it. I have shown up at the most an hour late for an ADR and they still seated me in a timely manner.
    1) WDW eateries try to hold ADR's for fifteen minutes.
    2) You might get in later IF THERE ARE SEATS AVAILABLE.
    3) In busy times, you forfeit the ADR.
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for the feedback...

I've decided to scrap that plan and totally rework my entire trip schedule (which will never work anyway once the 18 month old and 3 year old decide to do something different, but hey - a dad can dream). So now I'm looking at plan B for that day, which would be Epcot during the day, dinner at 4:30 Coral Reef ADR, then to MK for the spectro magic parade at 8:30 (or back to the room for the kids to sleep ). I hope that works out... Thanks for the info!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Well...

I think your new plan will work out much better! I would hate to see you miss your ADR after rushing around to try and get there.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: