Quantcast Which is the best tour?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Which is the best tour?

I was thinking about maybe taking a park tour during our upcoming trip at the end of September.

Back in the late 90's I took a school trip where we spent half our days with a Disney guide with "educational" mini tours (they were so fun we didn't realize we were learning physics). We hung out with an animator at MGM, got to go behind the scenes at the Haunted Mansion, and did a scavenger hunt through EPCOT before it opened for the day. My husband has never been on any type of Disney tour.

I really loved these tours, but feel there was a lot of behind stuff we didn't get to see (we didn't get to do the utilidors).

Which is the best tour? I've heard Keys To the Kingdom and Backstage Magic are both good. We're pretty much open to anything.

So, in your opinion, which is the best tour to go on?

Thanks everyone!
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Natazu Guest

I have to say Backstage Magic, without a doubt. It is a little expensive but worth every penny. They give you free bottled water, that's worth $200 right there. Plus you get to go in the Utilidors, see costuming, and Mama will make you a family style lunch. What more could you ask for?

Post Thanks / Like

Hands down my favorite is the Segway tour over at Epcot. Pretty cool stuff, but nothing backstage.

Backstage Safari over at AK is another good one, but probably not as sexy as a Utilidors tour for most. I'm partial to AK though.

Post Thanks / Like

Default special tours

We did the Keys to the Kingdom tour last September and loved it! It was really informational, our tour guide was excellent, and we got into the utilidors and the area behind main st/splash mountain where the parades start. It was well worth the money, I'd even take the tour again! Lunch at the Columbia Harbor House was great too.
    Laurie
    TOO MANY TRIPS TO LIST
    NEXT TRIP :Oct 2009 Contemporary & PO Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

I really enjoyed the Keys to the Kingdom Tour. It was very informative and our guide, Rae, was great.

I also enjoyed the Hidden Treasures of the World Showcase Tour, but I'm not sure if that tour is offered anymore.

DVC Member at the Boardwalk since 1998
    6/99 Old Key West
    6/00 Boardwalk
    6/01 Wilderness Lodge
    6/02 Boardwalk
    7/03 Beach Club
    7/04 Beach Club
    7/05 Saratoga Springs
    6/06 Boardwalk
    1/8-1/12/08 Boardwalk
    10/27-10/30/09 Boardwalk
    12/18-12/22/09 Boardwalk

10/24-10/30/15 Boardwalk

Post Thanks / Like

I too have been wondering about the tours. Has anyone done Undiscovered Future World or Backstage Safari? I was looking at trying one of those but haven't heard anything about any tour other than the Keys To The Kingdom.
    Go Nashville Predators!
    9/09 ASMo
    10/08 ASMu
    9/07 Caribbean Beach
    1/07 Marriott - family trip

9/06 Coronado Springs

09/03 Coronado Springs - Honeymoon
    10/99 Coronado Springs

06/96 Old Key West
    07/93 Beach Club
    12/91 Offsite - High School Trip

Post Thanks / Like

I did the Keys to the Kingdom tour in October and really enjoyed it. I actually liked seeing the parade staging & storage area better than the utilidors. I learned a lot, loved our guide, and want to try another tour at some point. Plus, we got to skip to the front of the line for Haunted Mansion, which had just come off refurb. Lunch was included, as well as a pin.
    Amanda
    Wishes. Dreams. Magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Most of the tours sound great. I think I'd even like to do the one in the Land with the plants and all.
    77-DL
    89-DL
    94-ASSp
    95-OKW
    98-WDW Hol.Inn MG
    99-WDW Off Prop
    06-ASMov
    07-Pop 2/4 - 2/14
    07-ASMus 9/11 - 9/17
    08-ASMov & DCL 10/27 - 11/2
    09-ASMov & DCL Wonder 9/21 - 10/1
    10-WDW Off Prop 4/23 - 4/25
    10-DCL Magic 7 nt EB 10/23
    10-CSR 10/30 - 11/1
    12-POR 1/8 - 1/15
    12-CSR 12/20-27

Post Thanks / Like

I have never been on backstage magic, I imagine it would be wonderful.
    My family and i have been on Keys to the Kingdom, and enjoyed it very much! A lot of information and backstage information!

We have also done the backstage safari; we loved it! We got to pet a rhino, see where they kept the animals, and go on a personal safari! Pure bliss! Very information and very fun! A great tour for any animal lover!
    SSR 07
    BC 07, 08, 09
    Grand Flo 94, 06, 07
    Poly 91 & 2006
    WL 2005, 2006, 08
    Ft. W. Cabins 93 & 2004
    P.O. Riverside 2000
    AKL 98
    AKL- Kidani village 09
    CR. 97
    Yacht Club 95
    Dixie Landings 92
    Fort Wilderness Campground 89

Post Thanks / Like

We've done the Keys to the Kingdom and Backstage Magic tours and while both were fantastic and well worth the money, Backstage Magic is the better (and much pricier at $200).

When we did it a couple of years ago, it covered all four parks, backstage and the utilidors in MK, World Showcase before it opened including backstage at the American Adventure, lunch at Mama Melrose, and a trip out to costuming, florist dept.,Disney offices, and the area where they make all types of things like ride vehicles and other things for the parks. It was an incredible day, and I would do it again in a minute.

One tip...if they offer you an earpiece for the tour, take it. It was great to be able to hear everything the tour guide, who was great, was saying. Even individual questions that other guests asked while we were walking from place to place.

Depending on how much time you have and how much you want to spend, either tour would be a great time.

Jeff
    Disney Vacation Club Member

The Beach Club
    Remember the Magic!

Post Thanks / Like

Aqua Tours at Epcot/Living Seas is the BEST. I took my wife and sons (15,14,13 and 11), and all thought it was one of the greatest things we've ever done. Over about 3 hours, you tour behind the scenes at the Seas, then get to surface scuba INSIDE THE TANK. We loved swimming in the worlds largest inland aquarium, seeing the animals up close, and wavig to all the guests on the other side of the glass. Truly a unique experience !!!
    Disney nut and obsessive Disney vacation planner
    DVC owner at Old Key West and Polynesian Village Resort
    Proud Disney dad who isn't ashamed to be the Goofy to my kids and the Beast to my Belle
    Have stayed at: Ft W; CBR; POFQ;PORS;DLH; DL Paradise Pier; and Vero Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Laughin' place View Post
    Aqua Tours at Epcot/Living Seas is the BEST. I took my wife and sons (15,14,13 and 11), and all thought it was one of the greatest things we've ever done. Over about 3 hours, you tour behind the scenes at the Seas, then get to surface scuba INSIDE THE TANK. We loved swimming in the worlds largest inland aquarium, seeing the animals up close, and wavig to all the guests on the other side of the glass. Truly a unique experience !!!
    I agree totally! DH and I did it a month ago and LOVED IT!
    -Stacey

"There is a natural hootchy-kootchy motion to a goldfish.”

"To all who come to this happy place, welcome." -Walter Elias Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Ok...what is/are utilidors? Just a guess here, but is that short for "utility doors"?
    Grammie

July 1988 Disneyland
    Aug 1997 Dixie Landings
    July 2003 off site
    Dec 2004 Day trip to Epcot
    Nov 21-Dec 1, 2007 CBR
    Nov 18-28, 2009 POP
    Nov 18-26, 2016 POP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mickeydream View Post
    Ok...what is/are utilidors? Just a guess here, but is that short for "utility doors"?
    Utilidors!!!

The Utlidors is the 'underground city' at the MK. It is NOTHING glamorous, but the concept is so neat, as are the workings of it. Essentially the CM's travel in underground tunnels to get from say Fantasyland to Main Street without having to see the public! There is even a staff cafeteria located below ground. One of the interesting things about the utilidors is the garbage system - very efficient.

We really enjoyed the Keys to the Kingdom tour, it is approx. 4 hours at MK. The only real disappointing thing is we did not see anything in Fantasyland or Tomorrowland.
    Lea-Ann
    The Creative Mind that Never Rests . . .

Dreaming of Disney.......
    Last Trip - Dec 14-21, 2012 AKL!!! Next Trip - TBA!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Utilidors is short for Utility Corodors under MK. We've also done Keys to the Kingdom and loved it. Like Shugoondola, We also had Rae as our guide and thought she was great.
    She was sooo funny when we asked her how the CMs felt about the 25th anniversary CAKE. She said they try not to think about it.
    1990 & 1993 Off Property
    1994 & 1997 Carribean Beach Resort
    2001 Fort wildernes Cabins
    2005 House Off Property
    2006 All star Movies ( 20th anniversary no children allowed)
    2006 Pop Century (guilt trip children allowed)
    2007 Carribean Beach Resort ( DH and DW only)
    2008 Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

If you have an interest in the WDW steam trains then I highly recommend The Magic Behind our Steam Trains tour! We went last fall for the first time and absolutely loved it!
    Jul80 DLR, Dec75 FW, Sept91 offsite, Sept95 ASSp, June00 offsite, June01 ASMo, July02 WL, June03 ASMo, Oct03 POR, Poly, Aug04 Pop,ASMu, Oct04 ASSp, Sept05 CSR,Pop,CBR, Dec06 WL,Pop, Sept07 POP,POR, Dec07 POP,May08 POP, Sept08 CR,Sept09 POP,Aug10 CBR, Feb11 POP, July11 AKL, Nov12 POP, March13 offsite

Post Thanks / Like

I would have to say that Dive Quest is one of the best. You get to see how the attraction works plus you get a 45 min. scuba tour to explore the area on your own. People are taking your picture because they think that you work for Disney. I really liked swimming over to the Coral Reef and seeing what the guest were eating. I have done it 3 times already, and you can get a discount with your divers certification card.

76 CR,80 Offsite,82 CR, 85 Offsite, 88/89 GF,
    91 Dolphin, 93 DxL,94 WL,94 POLY,
    97 Offsite, 99 CSR, 02 ASMo, 03/04 ASMo
    04 POR, 05 POR, 08 POR, 10 ASMu FS,
    12 ASMu FS, 14 ASMo,
    POR, 15 POR

Post Thanks / Like

The only tour we've done is Keys to the Kingdom. We had a tour guide named Matt Archer I think and he was awesome. You get A LOT of history about WDW. We got to jump the line for Haunted Mansion and Jungle Cruise. When we went back behind Splash Mountain to where the floats are, they were rehearsing for the Halloween parade which was awesome to watch. It's a great tour and you will have a great time if you do it!
    Disney World
    May 1995 - Off Site
    January 1998 - Off Site
    January 2001 - Off Site
    July 2001 - Off Site
    August - September 2005 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    September 2006 - Pop Century
    December 2008 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    New Year's 2010 - POP
    May 2010 - Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

i did Hidden Treasures of World Showcase a few trips ago & liked it since i like Epcot the most. but its not offered anymore. Im debating what i should do in Sept since it may be my last trip for awhile.
    mayb i should do the all 3 parks thingie
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

after many visits i am doing my first Keys To The Kingdom Tour on my next trip (on 8/8). i cannot wait. if any of you will be on the tour that day, look me up.
    4/12 - All Star Sports
    12/10 - All Star Sports
    12/09 - All-Star Sports
    12/08 - All-Star Movies
    8/08 - All-Star Movies
    11/07 - Yacht Club
    7/98 - Wilderness Lodge
    10/96 - Disneyland
    7/94 - Dixie Landings
    Prior to 1990 - too many to mention!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: