Quantcast Packing for the Park

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Packing for the Park

What do you pack to take to the park for your children? More specifically, a one year old. (Of course diapers, drink/sippy cup, etc.)
    Trying to plan while I await my October vacation.
    5/04 - Caribbean Beach
    5/05 - Caribbean Beach
    11/06 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Honeymoon)
    6/07 - Caribbean Beach
    10/08 - SSR (for DS's 1st B-day)

DVC Owners @ AKV as of 4/08
    Next Trip: 6/09 - SWW!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I used an old diaper wipes container (one of the smaller, flat ones) and put in diaper cream, a baggie with a few wipes, hand sanitizer, band-aids and extra zip locks to either throw away a diaper in or to take snacks left over on our plates from meals. I take sunscreen also. And, a little too organized, but I took a few paper towels and a small roll of toilet paper! You never know!

Of course a few bottles of water - we used our snack credits at our gift shop and got the big 1 L bottles.
    Mother of 2
    DVC Member since 09/07
    ASM 09/07
    VB 01/08
    AKV Concierge 09/08
    AKV Studio Savannah View 12/08
    DCL - Wonder 10/09
    AKV Jambo House, Concierge 01/10

Future Trips:
    BWV 09/10
    Hawaii DVC in 2011! Woo Hoo!

Post Thanks / Like

We went last Oct & it was still in the 90's with out then 10 month old. We bought a spray mister to use to cool her down when she got overheated. If you baby is on formula make sure to bring enough for the entire day in case they go thru more than usual. We shipped ahead of time a large box directly to the hotel to arrive the day before we were to check in. It contained DD's formula, diapers, snacks, water etc. What a lifesaver that was!
    DVC Member as of 11/09 BLT!!
    1992 Dolphin Resort
    1995 stayed off-site
    2002 All-Star Movies Resort
    2007 (Oct) Port Orleans French Quarter
    2008 (Nov )1 night at POP
    2008 (Nov) Old Key West Resort
    2011 (Jan) BLT 2 room suite!!!
    2011 (Oct/Nov) BLT 1 bedroom suite
    2012 (Oct) BLT 2 room suite :-)

Post Thanks / Like

It's been a few years since my kids were that old but I remember we lugged around a big diaper bag on the stroller. We used our own stroller, this could be a separate poll question for you, and had snacks, formulas, etc. food items.
    We also took extra socks, and a change of clothes, onesies.
    WDW '71-'81(numerous)
    Yearly '98 - '08
    Last Trip July 2014

Next Trip ???
    Keep to the code... If you fall behind, you get left behind.

Post Thanks / Like

I think many of the other posters have hit many of the key items so I won't go there but I will mention this. When packing for the parks remember that you are not leaving earth for another planet where you can't get anything. So keep your list as short as possible and only carry in those things you thing you would just absolutely die without. Sure, some things may be a little pricey if you buy it in the park but how much of that do you really think you will be doing?

Believe me if you look at what you want to take in with a VERY critical eye both your feet and back will appreciate you! Plus getting through the bag check line outside the parks will be easier also.

Post Thanks / Like

I used an old diaper wipes container (one of the smaller, flat ones) and put in diaper cream, a baggie with a few wipes, hand sanitizer, band-aids and extra zip locks to either throw away a diaper in or to take snacks left over on our plates from meals.
    This is a great ida. We have two of these and it may save on space and the ability to find things quickly.

It's been a few years since my kids were that old but I remember we lugged around a big diaper bag on the stroller. We used our own stroller, this could be a separate poll question for you, and had snacks, formulas, etc. food items.
    We also took extra socks, and a change of clothes, onesies.
    Thanks for the info. We are planning on bringing our own stroller as I don't want to (1) pay to rent one and (2) I don't thinkthe Disney ones would be very good for a one-year old.

When packing for the parks remember that you are not leaving earth for another planet where you can't get anything. So keep your list as short as possible and only carry in those things you thing you would just absolutely die without. Sure, some things may be a little pricey if you buy it in the park but how much of that do you really think you will be doing?

Believe me if you look at what you want to take in with a VERY critical eye both your feet and back will appreciate you! Plus getting through the bag check line outside the parks will be easier also.
    I totally agree with you there. I hate to even have to carry anything, so this will be a learning experience. I have purchased a diaper 'tote' that hooks onto the stroller handles (much small than a normal diaper bag) to put all DS stuff in.

Anyone else have anything that has been left our or wouldn't normally think of?
    5/04 - Caribbean Beach
    5/05 - Caribbean Beach
    6/07 - Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

- change of clothes
    - wet wipes
    - zip-top bags to hold leftover snacks or dirty clothes
    - pediatrician's phone# and any medical info you might need handy in case of illness/emergency
    - baby sunscreen

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

The baby centers were an awesome help for me. I purchased baby food there. They have alot of items for sale in case you run out, forget, or just don't want to lug around.

Their changing areas are very clean, the high chairs/dining area are very clean, and there are private areas for breast feeding.

There is a water cooler there for you to fill up your sippy cups or to mix formula with. There is also a microwave.
    All Star Sports-Hurricane Jeanne & Old Key West-2004
    All Star Movie, Old Key West, Coronado Spring-2005
    Wilderness Lodge-Club Level-2007
    All-Star Movies-November 2008
    AKL-Jambo House, Club Level - Feb 2011
    Contemporary Resort-May 2014
    Grand Floridian Resort- November 2015

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the PP about the baby center. What we would do when my little one got overly warm, sticky, and dirty, we took her into the baby center and gave her a wipy bath. We stripped her down, cleaned her off, let her cool off, and then got her into fresh clothes and a new diaper.

Another word of advise, hang on to those wipes. I can't tell you how many times I've left a full package of wipes in the bathroom after a diaper change. When you buy wipes at the baby center, the box comes with 10 wipes, even though they can hold a ton more.

Just a heads up, you might want to even bring 2 sets of extra clothes. My dd never had a blow out, but because of all of the different foods, snacks and treats my mom had plied her with, she of course had a blow out near the end of the evening. Gotta love grandma's . Of course we couldn't find girl clothes the mintue we needed them in stores. We finally just gave up and took the stinky kid back to the hotel for the night because we were already on back up clothes.
    Melissa

Disneyland - too many times to count
    Poly 2007
    3 day Cruise Wonder 2007
    4 day Cruise Wonder 2000-2001 (New Years Cruise) Honeymoon
    Beach Club 2000 Honeymoon
    Poly 98
    3 day Cruise Magic 98
    Tokyo Disneyland 1994

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with PP's advice on the baby centers. They are so nice and clean compared to other places. We also ended up taking a box of ziploc bags because we brought snaks in with us from the Villas (I believe you're a new DVC member and I owe you information on the DVC grocers when I return in 30 days!). They're also great to hold cameras on water rides or the wet clothes after a good soak in the splash areas.

Ziploc and Baby wipes and sunscreen.
    Then: #runICOT 1/16
    GC Disneyland 10/15
    #runICOT 1/15
    OKW 7/14
    BWV #runICOT 1/14
    VBR and BCV 7/13
    AoA 10/12 iCOT 15th!
    VBR, OKW, Magic, & AKL 5/12
    BCV, BLT, Dream 8/11
    BWV 9/09
    AKV & DCL Magic 5/09
    POR 11/08 (no KIDS)
    BWV 6/08
    SSR 11/07
    AKL - 5/06
    Offsite 6/05
    ASM 7/99
    Offsite 3/97

Post Thanks / Like

I second the 2 sets of clothes, with plastic bags that you can put the dirty ones in.

We actually bought little clip on fans for the stroller, and that worked great. (We got them at CVS and they had foam propellers... so nothing could hurt curious fingers.)

The spray mister we also bought at CVS (cheaper than in the parks)

My other suggestions would be some baggies with easy snacks, cheerios, goldfish, grahams..whatever your little one likes that will keep him/her occupied in lines.

My final suggestion saved us a lot of late night money. As soon as it gets dark out in the parks, they start selling those bracelets, necklaces, and twirly flash light things..whatever glows in the dark. They are kind of expensive... for us anyway... My kids LOVE them... THese canbe bought at I Party and/or Michael's crafts much cheaper. I found cannisters with 15 bracelets in various colors for $1. I but a few cannisters before the trip.. and when the kids see them at night... PRESTO... suddenly I am a cool Mom. I just keep a cannister in the diaper bag. It also keeps them occupied on the bus ride back to the resort.
    Trish

Next Trip Jan 2015 1 night POR, then BWV renting points
    Sept 2013 BWV renting points
    Nov 2012 BWV renting points for my big 4-0
    Sept 2011 BWV renting points
    Sept 2009 POP
    Sept 2008 POP
    Sept. 2007 POP
    Sept 2003 ASMu

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for all the advice! We will check out the baby centers for sure. And I have added all the items suggested to my 'packing for the parks' list.

My final suggestion saved us a lot of late night money. As soon as it gets dark out in the parks, they start selling those bracelets, necklaces, and twirly flash light things..whatever glows in the dark. They are kind of expensive... for us anyway... My kids LOVE them... THese canbe bought at I Party and/or Michael's crafts much cheaper. I found cannisters with 15 bracelets in various colors for $1. I but a few cannisters before the trip.. and when the kids see them at night... PRESTO... suddenly I am a cool Mom. I just keep a cannister in the diaper bag. It also keeps them occupied on the bus ride back to the resort.
    I did think about this and recently LTD sold the bracelets, necklaces, and the sticks in their catalog, so we ordered the bracelets and necklaces to take with us. Plus we found when I was a kid if you put them in the freezer they lasted even longer.
    5/04 - Caribbean Beach
    5/05 - Caribbean Beach
    6/07 - Caribbean Beach

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: