Quantcast What is the ncest thing that Cast Member ever did for you inside one of the parks?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What is the Nicest thing a CM has done for you?

when I was 8--on my birthday--a CM told me the phone was for me and it was GOOFY telling me Happy Birthday. That was 8 years ago. I loved it.
    Trip count 55 =]

Dead men tell no tales

"Now some person I don't even know reminds me there's no eating, drinking, smoking, or flash photography allowed in my dream." - Ellen, Universe of Energy

"Please stand clear of the doors...Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas..."

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

They gave me the "wet seat" in the backlot tour after I got up the guts to ask a CM if I could volunteer (thanks Intercot!).

It was a GREAT experience!

Chris
    Remembering the Magic:
    March 1997 - Off site
    March 1999 - Caribbean Beach Resort
    May 2007 - Pop Century & Caribbean Beach Resort
    September 2007 - Pop Century Resort
    August 2008 - Coronado Springs Resort

UP NEXT::
    October 2009//MNSSHP//CSR!!

Post Thanks / Like

Last septmeber we were heading back to our room at CBR and the manager of the resort was coming twords us. My husband was holding our son because his legs were tired. She stopped to chat to ask how everything was. She asked my son if he was happy, he said yes but he was really hoping to win a pair of dream ears. Well, she told him anything can happen. 2 days later she knocked on our after returning from the park, still don't know how she knew. She knocked and asked if Christian was available, he came to the door and she presented him with a pair of light up dream ears embroidered with his name. She told him to have a magical vacation. We were all so shocked and amazed and grateful. He still tells everyone about that moment.
    Next Trip: POP Century...September 16th to September 26th!

Post Thanks / Like

In January, we got off of the ME bus at Beach Club. We were greated by name. We were asked to go into the lobby and sit down and to NOT look behind us. A few minutes passed and a group of management type CM's brought us balloons and candy and a certificate. We had won a big prize. We were given a concierge room that faced the EPCOT fireworks with all of the free food and drinks everyday. We had paid for a standard room. The next day we won fast pass lanyards at DHS Animation attraction.

doug

Post Thanks / Like

Mine was from a CM who worked the phones. I received some very bad treatment from a phone CM when I called to purchase MNSSHP tickets. I sent a complaint email and a few days later, I got a call from a CM (a manager, I think) named Audra. She listened to my complaints and was very kind and apologetic.

Months later, we checked into our hotel and there was a Mickey jack-o-lantern for each of my kids, filled with goodies. DS's had a stuffed pirate Mickey and Mickey balloon and DD's had an evil queen Minnie and a princess balloon. It was signed Audra. I had long since forgotten about the problem, and it was a nice surprise and a good way to start a magical trip.

Post Thanks / Like

When my DS had just turned one we knew it was time for him to go to WDW. Well he was so small, older DS wanted to go on BTMRR and I sat with the baby. I started talking to one of the CM who was a ride manager type person. As I was talking to him while the younger slept he said that he wanted to give something that our family would enjoy. It was a front of the line pass and we used it for Pooh. On this day the Pooh ride had a 50 min wait time and the fast pass were out for the day. This is why we had such a suprize from the CM and used it on Pooh, a ride we could all go on, and this is why it is now our family ride. The memory of this day has so much meaning for this ride and when my boys are older, we will look back and remember it.

Post Thanks / Like

We were at the Hollywood Studios in December and were getting ready to leave after seeing the Osborne Lights. My daughter wanted to ride the TOT one more time. We walked up the street, stopping in some shops and when we got in front of the place where Beauty and the Beast is performed we said hello to one of the CM's. She said hello and we started chatting for a few minutes. She asked us where we were headed and I said we were going to do the TOT one more time before we left. She then said to follow her and took us to the front of the line to go in to the Library at TOT. She was a very sweet young lady.

Post Thanks / Like

In April my family was at Hollywood Studios and it was a little chilly and it was raining off and on so the kids were a little cranky as they wanted to play on the HISTK playground but they couldn't because it was wet so we went into one of the shops and was walking around looking and a CM said the phone is for you, I was shocked and on the phone was Mickey Mouse and he was wishing me and my DH a Happy Anniversary. It brought tears to my eyes! It was so sweet.

The same day a CM at Tow Mater was closing the line and saw us walking up and wished us a Happy Anniversary and said, well Tow Mater wants to meet you so you better go ahead and get in line. My DS loves Tow Mater and was so excited

Just one CM taking the extra time and really connecting and with the guests is what makes Disney so special. Making memories is what it is all about
    Oct 1995 - Offsite (graduation gift)
    Nov 2006 - Offsite - My kiddo's 1st visit
    April 2008 - Offsite -11 yr wedding anniversary
    Dec 2008 - CBR - Just because :)
    Oct/Nov 2009 - TBD grand gatherings trip

Post Thanks / Like

This wasn't in a park but one day last September I was waiting to make dinner reservations at the concierge counter at ASMusic, wearing my tiara of course, when a CM came up to me and said "every princess needs a rose" and he handed me a beautiful red rose. I was so touched, it made my day!
    Laurie
    TOO MANY TRIPS TO LIST
    NEXT TRIP :Oct 2009 Contemporary & PO Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

I got my first annual pass to Disneyland on my birthday. I was eating at Carnation Cafe for dinner and the waitress saw my happy birthday sticker (also, whenever an annual pass is swiped for admission or discounts, the screen displays "Happy Birthday!") and she brought me a free ice cream sundae with a candle in it, even though I had been told the restaurants don't do that for free. I think she felt sorry for me because I was there by myself, but I was having a great time.
    1992--(First Visit!) Off Site
    1994--BC
    1995--Off Site
    1996--Off Site
    1998--CBR
    1999--Off Site
    2002--Poly
    2002-2006--Disneyland Annual Passholder
    2005--Off Site
    2006--CSR
    2008--*Planned Sept* GF/BCV/VWL

Just joined the DVC June 2008--AKV!

Post Thanks / Like

I had a special request from a friend last time I went..to pick up some fun pictures/post cards for her. And I had found some in the Disney Studios but I wanted to save them til the end to get so they would not be damaged and such. Well we stopped by the Studios on our way to the airport and I had thought my length of stay pass still worked. Well it didn't and I could not get in. So I went to guest services and told them my story thinking that they might just send someone to pick them up while I waited outside the park or at least tell me where I could find the same postcards outside the parks. Well they did neither! Instead they gave me a temporary pass and actually let me come into the park to pick them up myself. I definately thanked them on my way out!!
    Aubree

Disney Trips:

01/10 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    02/05 - Port Orleans - Riverside
    03/01- Polynesian
    11/97 - Polynesian
    11/91 - Off-site

Post Thanks / Like

We have had several wonderful things.

We had a huge meet in May 2007 with Mickey, Minnie, Chip, Dale and Pluto all together in their year of a million dreams attire.

We had Carolyn a manager over at Toontown take us on a whirlwind charcter hunt with all the characters in the tent, the stepsisters coming out to the Teardrop, and Mickey Mouse over in his house, then as we were leaving she handed me a stuffed Mickey for Hayden and said Mickey wanted him to have it.

We had show up in our mail box for Hayden's two year birthday a whole book full of autographs made out to Hayden from characters that I have never even heard of appearing in the parks, like the blue fairy, the rescuers, etc..

This most recent trip we had a CM arrange a huge charater meet for us with over 15 diffeent characters at one time ranging from The Sherrif of Nottingham to Jasmine.

We had at It's a Small World the CM gave us a certificate for Hayden to get a Mickey balloon for his birthday.

Post Thanks / Like

One of them for me was when my friend and I had been asking a CM at the Living Seas many different questions about the facility and the animals. She was so friendly and at the end of our rampage of questions asked us to join her at the top of the tank! She took us up and gave us a tour of the facility and introduced us to a number of other CM's that worked there. It was very memorable and out of the blue.
    Casey (aka DisneyWizard, Wizzy)

Post Thanks / Like

We were sitting in front of Casey's Corner with our hotdogs and soda's about an hour before the parade started (great spot). We were having DS and middle DD share a hotdog and fries and DH turned to give half to DS and spilled his and my soda's on the ground in front of us. Well a nice CM street sweeper picked up our cups and swept up the ice etc.... and disappeared . We were extremely surprised and greatful when he returned with 2 full soda's for us! My DS was 8 at the time and he was so impressed he had to get the CM's autograph!! We could not thank him enough.

This was during our very first trip to WDW (as a family) on our first day there... I had to beg DH to take this trip, his biggest argument was the cost of food etc would break us. This CM sold DH on the magic of DISNEY!! Now it is DH who is just as excited to talk about the next trip with the kids!!

~Cheryl~

2x's as a child, 2003 - Music, 2005 - Pop, 2007 - Music (Sept.), 2007- Movies (SSW), 2008-Movies, 2008 - Movies (Nov), 2009 - Movies (June)

2010- March - not booked but going for youngests 7th birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

On our last trip, my wife hurt her hip on the Crush 'n Gusher at TL (she didn't keep her bottom up). She wasn't injured badly but for the rest of the trip, it hurt whenever she was on her feet very long. So we rented a wheelchair for her, so owe could all still enjoy the parks in our usual commando style (all day, everyday) Seriously, DW would not have been able to do this with us without the wheelchair.
    A day or two later, we were in front of the Beauty & the Beast show at the studios, trying to decide whether to get in the very long line to see the show. A CM came up and offered to take us in through the side entrance to a front row seat (handicapped section). We tried to explain that DW wasn't really handicapped and that we could wait in line with everyone else but the CM insisted. We gave in and really enjoyed the show from the front row.
    Now we joke about who is going to be in a wheelchair on our next trip. (we would not really do that of course, although the wheelchair saved us on that trip, it really slowed us down, and we don't believe in taking unfair advantage)
    Side note. Me and my two boys played a mean joke on mom that trip by leaving her in the wheelchair in the middle of the street while we went to the men's room, and then hiding around the corner to watch to see how long she would sit there without trying to move out of the street. I know, that was really mean, but the boys really enjoyed getting under mom's skin that time. It was all in fun.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

We had a very unpleasant occurence when we attempted to book our first trip with the children in 2005. I sent a letter but never received a reply. I really thought it must not matter to Disney. When we arrived at ASMO we had Minnie ears for both of the girls and all kinds of snacks. The girls were thrilled and I had not expected that at all
    On the same trip our then 3 yr old DD did a face plant coming into MK. She was all scraped up and crying. Not only did the CM help us find First Aid but she gave both DDs a Mickey sundae with Mickey sprinkles. It made their whole day. These are the experiences that keep us coming back
    Amanda, Mom of 4

ASMo Mar 2005
    Pop Sep 2006, Jan 2014, Jan 2016
    SSR Dec 2006
    Disney Magic Jan 2008, Mar 2009, Apr 2011
    OKW Jan 2009, June 2012, December 2017
    POFQ Jan 2012
    VWL Oct 2012
    AKV Jan 2013, June 2013, Aug 2015
    AOA July 2014
    All Star Sports Jan 2015

Post Thanks / Like

On the first day of our anniversary trip last year, we went to the ticket counter @ MK to exchange our AP vouchers for the real deal (Wearing our Anniversary buttons that we had just gotten @ our resort, of course). And we got a really sweet CM making conversation and such, he asked us what our plans for the evening where (it was like 2 or so by the time our flight landed and we got into the parks) we told him we had dinner ressies @ Epcot, and he asked what time. Again, thinking he was still just being conversational. He jotted is name and some kind of CM ID # (or some kinda long number on a paper) and told us since if we wanted to return to MK after dinner just to bring that back and it would let us into the P&P party for free. This was EXPECIALLY great, cause DH & I REALLY wanted to go to the P&P party, but since it was a budget trip we decided against it. We were SOOOO appreiciative.
    Not only that, but when we arrived @ dinner @ Epcot (now dressed up for the P&P party after dinner, thus no anniversary buttons this time) they knew it was our anniversary and gave us free dessert. We still never knew how THEY knew, our best inclination was that he also put some kinda note or something in there. It was REALLY above & Beyond great CM service!

Post Thanks / Like

Once when I was a CM, a single mother had 3 kids and they were running around and having a good time. Well she tried to chase the one child who was getting a little too far ahead and twisted her ankle and couldn't walk. After seeing her fall I helped her up and asked if she was ok. She said she was fine but was limping. I called my manager and they arranged to have a guest services CM give them vip treatment the rest of the day by the CM pushing her in a wheelchair and another CM playing with the kids
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

I got sick at Cape May two years ago on Thanksgiving and couldn't eat dinner, and the waiter CM didn't charge my family for me since I ate nothing. Afterwards, a CM gave us a ride back to the hotel so I wouldn't have to wait for the bus when I felt awful.
    "Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear eats you. But always dress for the hunt!" Kungaloosh!

"Happy are those whom the Muses love."

Post Thanks / Like

When we were at Disney in 92 we ate breakfast at Olivia's at OKW and I had this wonderful Twinings tea called Tropical Nectar. We went to EPCOT later that day and I went in to the Twinings store to try to purchase the tea and they didn't have it. The CM in Twinings called Olivia's to check the name etc but no luck couldn't purchase the tea. That night when we got back to our room there was a package with the Tropical Nectar tea with a bow on it waiting for me. It was just a little thing but it really was that extra Disney touch that we all love.
    Mary Ellen

WDW

Oct1992 OKW
    Sept2007 OKW
    Sept17-23 2008 OKW
    Sept15-22 2009 OKW
    Jan13-17 2010 POP, OKW
    Sept16-25 2010 OKW
    Jan16-19 2011 SSR
    Jan13-19 2013 OKW
    Jan20-26 2014 SSR
    Dec05-16 2014 SSR