Quantcast I get emotional at MK when...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I get emotional at MK when...

What brings on the emotion the most at MK for you?

Happy, sad, nostalgic whatever?

I always remember that Dumbo was the first ride that I took my DD on when she was 2 1/2. She is almost 17 and is an intercotee.

Doug

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It really gets to me when we first pull up in the bus and the "Mickey Mouse Club" sounding music is playing overhead. Also walking under the train tracks into Main Street and seeing the characters and looking down the street and seeing the castle makes me teary eyed, not because I am sad, of course, but because it all so beautiful to me. It's almost as if I can't believe I am really there.

Post Thanks / Like

There's something about that first sight after you pass through the turnstiles, especially that first walk down Main Street in MK. I think it's the whole I'm really here, again thing that does it for me. And the idea of the innocence of being a child again.
    °O°Amy °O° DVC Member
    2011 Dec-Poly with the grandparents--whoo-hoo!!!
    2011 June-SSR!!!!!
    2008 Aug-Colbey&Gray's Birthday surprise-SSR/OKW
    2008 June-SSR
    2006 June-Port Orleans Riverside
    2004 Easter-CSR
    1988 May-Graduation
    1982 Offsite
    1980 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

I would have to go with going through the turnstile and seeing the Main Street Train Station. Last time we were there our family was chosen to help Mickey open the park in the opening ceremony and I know that this will always be a special memory for me!
    John (aka HndrdPrcnt)

DL CM 1987 - 1994
    CM WDW Trips 87,89,90,92
    CBR 1994
    Beach Club 1998
    All Stars 2000
    POP Sept 25-Oct 2 2006

Post Thanks / Like

Mine is when we get off the exit and see the sign overhead and our kids hold their breath until they can take their first "Disney breath" when we drive under...Knowing how great our week is going to be and how we dont want it to end...
    Amy
    80 Camping șoș
    89 Offsite șoș
    05 ASM șoș
    06-07-08-09-10-10-11-12-13-14-15 POR șoș

Post Thanks / Like

As I arrive at the MK........

It's like ......... "Wow - I can't believe I'm here again !
    It's so beautiful !
    It's truly magical !
    There really is magic here!
    I can't believe I did it again !

All as I'm wiping a tear away.

Also what gets me emotional is Spectromagic,
    and the fireworks.

Post Thanks / Like

walking down Main Street and looking up at the castle makes my eyes tear up, not because I am sad but because I can't believe that I am at WDW
    April 6-9 2006 Pop Century
    July 5-11 2007 Pop Century
    September 20-25th 2009 Pop Century
    June10-June 16 2012 Pop Century
    September 5-15 2013 Pop Century Disneymoon
    August 10-20th 2016 Pop Century (Daughter's first trip)

Post Thanks / Like

Mine is during the park opening show on our first day at MK. I tear up every time (and I am not usually a crier).
    Mickey Mom of 2
    Coming Up: All-Star Sports 11/08
    Coming Up: CSR 3/09
    All-Star Sports 9/07
    Disneyland 10/06
    WDW Dolphin 7/04
    Off - Site 3/98
    Off - Site 6/93
    Off - Site 4/91
    Off - Site 3/83

Post Thanks / Like

Default WDW tears...

At WDW I always wear a special necklace that belonged to my best friend Kathrin. She was like a sister to me. I visited her family in Germany, and we traveled all over Europe. And she went to WDW with my family several times. She and I wore these Disney T-shirts that we had put on a clothes line and watered down, stretched them out, and watered them more. They were quit big on us!! And she loved the Goofy ear hats! She married my neighbor, and became a US citizen. She was in a car accident and died about 7 years ago. So now I wear her necklace and take a part of her with me to WDW! So I shed a few tears when we arrive, and a few more when we leave.
    Sorry if this is kinda , but I have great, fun memories of our trips to WDW as teens!

Post Thanks / Like

That is precious jrkcr

That is the kind of stuff my dad posted this for
    Trip count 55 =]

Dead men tell no tales

"Now some person I don't even know reminds me there's no eating, drinking, smoking, or flash photography allowed in my dream." - Ellen, Universe of Energy

"Please stand clear of the doors...Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas..."

Post Thanks / Like

Walking onto Main Street the first time when returning. Its like we were there yesterday. We first started 18 years ago when my DW ended her last treatment for lymphoma and it made us feel great. Now on every return its wonderful to have been together another year. Its getting to me writing this.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Well, i guess my most emotional moment was on our last trip. We had arrived the day before in the afternoon and went to Ak to ride EE, but that next morning we had early reservations at Crystal Palace. i just remember walking down an almost deserted Main Street and looking up at the castle. then my mom and I looked at each other and I said. "I'm Home!!!!!"

gosh, now im all sad for remembering! but oh well, 21 days!!!!!
    AP Holder since 2015

Post Thanks / Like

I took my 21 year old niece 4 months before she died. We kept smelling the funnel cakes but never seemed to be the right moment when we were by them, we had just eaten or something. So at rope drop one morning, when everyone was running to their favorite ride... we ran to the funnel cake stand and had breakfast! As she was savoring every bite, she said, "this is my idea of a five star meal!" The smell of a funnel cake will forever fill my eyes with tears and my heart with love. We truly had the time of our lives and she will always be with us. So next time you go by the funnel cakes, have one for Lindso (short for Lindsey )
    MK 1980 FOUR hours(July & 105) * Nov 04 POLY.. with my 2 princesses *Nov 05 Contemporary *Nov 06 split stay Cont/POFQ , making memories with my 21 yr old neice who has cancer. Sweet Lindsey passed March 2007 :(
    Nov 07 WL *Nov 08 VWL *Nov 09 Bay Lake Tower WDW/DC/SW/DCL*April 2011 B2B Disney Dream

Post Thanks / Like

i have two things

1.) is when i fall asleep in the car wake up at the hotle thinking is this real and then punching myself in the gut ( gives me both the tearful, happy, and painful emotions. )

2.)walking through leave a legacy at epcot and just seeing all the walls and then spaceship earth and occasionally the monorail going behind it.
    1993-2002:various off property resorts
    2003:fort wilderness campground
    December 2007:Caribbean resort
    December 2008: port Orleans french quarter
    December 2010: Port Orleans french quarter

Post Thanks / Like

Well Im happy the whole time Im there doing anything from sitting on a bench eating a mickey head icecream to zapping Zorg on Buzz but I get very emotional during one particular event...

Wishes. I grew up with seeing those big pompom fireworks behind the castle on tv (like we all did) and loving Disney but until Wishes came out - it was just a fantasy. So now when Im standing there in front of the castle (usually by the Walt & Mickey founders statue) and Tinkerbell flies by and BANG BOOOM - I always tear up. It is the epidomy of Disney to me. What makes it worse/more sentimental though is when I look over at my DD17 and shes all teary eyed too. We just hug each other & watch. I love that kid and I love Disney World
    '94-DVC OKW * '94-'96 OKW * '97 OKW, BWV * '98 OKW, DI * '99 OKW, FW * '00 OKW, VB * '01 OKW,Y&BC,BWV * '02 SSR * '03-'05 OKW*2006 BWV,AKL*'07 OKW * '08 AKV, SSR * '10 BLT * '11 BLT Next: 03/13 WL

Post Thanks / Like

I get emotional a lot at MK. It's always our 1st park, and I get teary when we arrive (and of course when we leave). But I also get emotional over any rides I feel nostalgic about, plus parades and fireworks. And any time my kids experience a particularly magical moment. So pretty much the whole time.

Post Thanks / Like

The castle gets me every time, but never more so than last December, when we arrived for the party and were distracted by the parade, snow, etc. walking down Main Street - then, suddenly, I looked up and saw the castle, in all it's blue, sparkly, icy Christmas glory, and I just put my hand over my mouth and teared up somethin' fierce!

Also, during the Peter Pan part of Mickey's Philharmagic. Always gets me misty. Just the innocence of "you can fly"....sigh.

The parades usually get me going as well. Just the music and the cheer. And the fireworks.

I cry real tears, though, when I can see the "Welcome to Disney World" sign in the opposite lane, in my rearview mirror. Back to the real world. Until next time.....
    And the cycle continues...
    Check out my pics, maps and brochures from 1975 on my home page!

Post Thanks / Like

Without fail, I always tear up at WISHES. My DH always looks over at me during the show and grins... knowing he will find me crying. Then he gives me a big hug. The combination of the spectacular fireworks, the beautiful lights on Cinderella's Castle at night, watching my childrens faces light up, the adorable child singing the WISHES song in the background, and tink flying across the night sky! Wow... it's so magical!
    Multiple wonderful trips; Next June 2012
    "All it takes is faith and trust...and just a little bit of pixie dust."

Post Thanks / Like

I have to say watching Wishes. What a great show!!

Post Thanks / Like

Watching Wishes.
    Last trip my son (age 8) asked me what my wish was - I told to be there with them and enjoying the fireworks and music.
    Bern

WDW - 85,88,89,96,08,10,12,13,16,18,19
    Universal - Cabana Bay, May 2019

August 2020 - Port Orleans Riverside

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: