Quantcast Magic Kingdom Musings--Tell yours, please

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Magic Kingdom Musings--Tell yours, please

If you could only share one memory or tip concerning the Magic Kingdom, what would be your favorite story to share or best tip to share.

Our favorite tip to share is to walk 'through' the stores on Main Street on the way out of the park at night and miss a bunch of the crowd.

Doug

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ahhhh

Our first trip where we stayed on site, my daughter (now 15) was sleepily sitting on my husband's lap while they played the "Goodnight Kiss" (I think that's what its called) where you hear his voice say "it all started with a mouse". I still get emotional thinking of it. Now she's 15 and our sleepy-lap days are over. But she still enjoys the world with us!
    Then: #runICOT 1/16
    GC Disneyland 10/15
    #runICOT 1/15
    OKW 7/14
    BWV #runICOT 1/14
    VBR and BCV 7/13
    AoA 10/12 iCOT 15th!
    VBR, OKW, Magic, & AKL 5/12
    BCV, BLT, Dream 8/11
    BWV 9/09
    AKV & DCL Magic 5/09
    POR 11/08 (no KIDS)
    BWV 6/08
    SSR 11/07
    AKL - 5/06
    Offsite 6/05
    ASM 7/99
    Offsite 3/97

Post Thanks / Like

I'll never forget the first time we brought our boys to the Magic Kingdom. They were 4 and 6 at the time. We had taken the bus from POFQ, and were walking toward the entrance. Well, DS 4 has always had energy to spare, and DS 6 has always been a little more "relaxed". DS 4 was hurrying along w/ us, and DS 6 was lagging waaaay behind as usual. So we all stopped (for what seemed like an eternity) for him to catch up, and all of a sudden, DS 4 turns around and yells "Come on, Oatmeal!!!" At that moment, DS 6 was christened w/ a nickname he'll never live down. We still use it now, 8 yrs. later.
    "That’s the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." ~Walt Disney

Disneyland 1987
    WDW 1992
    POFQ 6/25/01-7/1/01
    POP 6/26/06-7/1/06
    POP 8/4/08-8/9/08
    POR 8/5/09-8/12/09
    POR 10/27-10/31
    Next Trip- POR 6/23-6/28

Post Thanks / Like

My oldest son, now almost 11, took his first steps on Main Street, during his first trip to WDW.

We were waiting on the corner by Casey's for the afternoon parade to start and he walked from my husband to me.

I think about that moment every time I walk down Main Street!
    DVC Members @ SSR
    19 Trips since 1996:
    Caribbean Beach Resort-2x's, Dixie Landings-2x, POFQ-2x's, POR-3x's All Star Movies-4x's, Pop-1x, Saratoga Springs-2x, BWV-1x, OKW-2x

Just got back: August 17th-22nd POR

Post Thanks / Like

Well, my wonderful Aunt who has been on all my WDW trips since I was 8 passed away in April,and since then I have thought about all of our wonderful family trips there and the thing I remember most is walking down main street at night shopping in the stores espcially the emporium with her!

Post Thanks / Like

mine would be if you are taking a first time visitor. get there for the opining of MK and go straight over and ride HM then peter pan. That gets the best experience
    Taylor

been over 10 times and aint stoppin.

Post Thanks / Like

As a matter of fact, we are taking my best friend with us next week! I hope she has a good time, she is SO exited to go. This is our 8th time and I'm as stoked as EVER!
    Going back: May 23, 2008!!!

Gottaluvgoof Guest

Quote Originally Posted by disneydoug View Post
    If you could only share one memory or tip concerning the Magic Kingdom, what would be your favorite story to share or best tip to share.

Our favorite tip to share is to walk 'through' the stores on Main Street on the way out of the park at night and miss a bunch of the crowd.

Doug
    We do this every trip. The problem is, we tend to spend too much money on the way out also. It is a great way out though.

Post Thanks / Like

Plan an early morning breakfast in MK and enjoy walking down main street almost by yourself! It is great for picture taking.
    [COLOR=DarkRed]Paula[/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Riley Taylor's Mom View Post
    My oldest son, now almost 11, took his first steps on Main Street, during his first trip to WDW
    That's fantastic!
    Then: #runICOT 1/16
    GC Disneyland 10/15
    #runICOT 1/15
    OKW 7/14
    BWV #runICOT 1/14
    VBR and BCV 7/13
    AoA 10/12 iCOT 15th!
    VBR, OKW, Magic, & AKL 5/12
    BCV, BLT, Dream 8/11
    BWV 9/09
    AKV & DCL Magic 5/09
    POR 11/08 (no KIDS)
    BWV 6/08
    SSR 11/07
    AKL - 5/06
    Offsite 6/05
    ASM 7/99
    Offsite 3/97

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

My Magic Kingdom memory stems form our first family trip to DisneyWorld in January 2001.
    We passed thru the left tunnel under the train station and made our way to the begining of Main Street USA. The looks on the faces of my family was absolutely priceless, at the time my children were 10, 8 and 6, truly magical ages to be at WDW.
    Last edited by DisneyorBust; 05-17-2008 at 10:23 PM. Reason: too many n's in begining!
    Eric
    Resorts:
    POLYNESIAN (Favorite), Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs. Beach Club, Saratoga Springs, AoA, All Star Sports and POP Century

Post Thanks / Like

From our first trip, we don't do everything together. We have always had a meeting point. Ours has been the lower level of the terrace, towards Tomorrowland....It started on our first trip (in 1975) when DD#2 coerced DMiL to take her on "If You Had Wings" again and again and again. The rest of us did other rides, but came back to the terrace to rendezvous.....Usually a breeze, always shady....and the rest rooms to the right of the counters are almost always empty....and since they introduced the gruesome noodle bowls, nobody goes there for the food. Even the birds that used to feast on french fries seem repulsed by the noodles.
    Next Visit-June 2013

75,80,81,82,99,02,03,05 CR
    83,85 FW (Cabins)
    84 Poly
    96, 04, 06, 07, 08, 10, 11 SoG
    99 WL
    2000 (Christmas) DL (POR)

Post Thanks / Like

I can't pick just one memory, but I can say First Rides. The first time on Space Mountain listening to my Mom screaming and the rest of us laughing. First time on EE with my sister, both very nervous on the incline!!! First TOT-wow! First Dumbo with then 2 year old who wanted to do it again and again. First Primeval Whirl with son then 8. First walk up Main Street....

sorry couldn't pick just one

maybe leaving Epcot at night and all the kids discovering the sparkling pavement...
    2017 WDW All Star Music/Universal RP
    2016 :(
    2015 Universal-Royal Pacific
    2014 :(
    2013 Fall: Wilderness Lodge
    2011-12 :(
    2010 French Quarter
    2009 Pop & AKL
    2008 Polynesian
    2007 ASM & BCR
    2006 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

i got this out of a book but with rides that occasionally have the two lines take the left ( it's always shorter )
    1993-2002:various off property resorts
    2003:fort wilderness campground
    December 2007:Caribbean resort
    December 2008: port Orleans french quarter
    December 2010: Port Orleans french quarter

Post Thanks / Like

If you had read my trip reports from March, you know that our special memory of the MK was having my 11 month old niece meet Mickey for the first time. That was, if not, one of the most special moments we have ever shared at the MK.
    Brett

"Please stand clear of the doors...Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas"
    - Monorail

"Good news....we've made it WORSE!" TOT4

"But why's the rum gone?" - Captain Jack Sparrow

Post Thanks / Like

My first trip to WDW was also my first trip to Florida since one set of my grandparents and a couple aunts and uncles had moved down to Lecanto, FL. It was a surprise from my parents 24 years ago. But I remember one of my uncles telling me how "scary" the Haunted Mansion was. Well at that time I was envisioning the likes of a haunted house like the one Six Flags St. Louis had at the time(it too was open the whole time the park was open, but it was a walk-through house and it was NOT for little kids). I didn't think anything more of it until it came time to actually go on HM. Needless to say I started crying and saying I didn't want to go on it to my mom. This nice lady in front of us told me it was nothing to be scared of and that it was a great ride. Eventually I calmed down and reluctantly walked through those first set of doors. Well, after going through it all and exiting the ride...I WANTED TO GO ON IT AGAIN! And since that day, HM became my all-time favorite ride.
    28 times to WDW and still going since 1984!! Most recent visit: November/December 2011...Far too long since my last visit! :'(

Personally, I believe it didn't start with a mouse. It started with a man that had one of the greatest imaginations in this world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyorBust View Post
    My Magic Kingdom memory stems form our first family trip to DisneyWorld in January 2001.
    We passed thru the left tunnel under the train station and made our way to the begining of Main Street USA. The looks on the faces of my family was absolutely priceless, at the time my children were 10, 8 and 6, truly magical ages to be at WDW.

This almost made me cry. I instantly remembered my first trip with my two brothers. We were 6, 8, and 11. I can still remember walking on to main street for the first time and seeing the castle. I was in complete awe. I'll never forget that feeling!
    Polynesian- 1985
    Polynesian- 1987
    Polynesian- 1989
    Polynesian- 1990
    Polynesian- 1993
    Polynesian- 1996
    Polynesian- 2001
    Polynesian- 2006
    Yacht Club- 2007 (surprise!)
    Beach Club- 2008 (august...yeah!)
    Beach Club Villas- 2009 (the whole family)
    Polynesian- 2011 (september- HONEYMOON!)

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

I remember being a child and of course fantasyland was the most fantastic place ever. On the Snow White ride, I used to be soooo scared, so my dad would let me hide my head under his shirt so i couldn't see or hear. Also, for some reason, I loved standing in line. My dad would always have fun games about Disney related topics and pass out mentos to us. He was very good at keeping four kids very entertained to prevent line whining. To this day, I buy mentos for DW and it brings back the best waiting in line memories. I will definitely do the same for my kids.

Now that i'm older, we have started new traditions like relaxing at Columbia Harbour House. We always find ourselves in there twice a day when we're at MK. Now, it's something we plan into our itinerary. It's never packed and is reasonable priced and you have better food options (not fried). But shhh don't tell anyone

Post Thanks / Like

I have several memories I could write here, but no so much as the very first time my son met Woody and Jessie on the Diamond Horseshoe Review. I think it is the first and only time since, he had no idea what to do. The picture is priceless, he is looking up at woody, with his mouth dropped open and a look of wonderment I cannot describe, but the picture hangs on my wall at work and helps me through the day.
    °O° Von Drake °O°
    10 trips before 2000 | 2001 Offsite | 2001 SOG | 2002 CR | 2005 ASSp & SOG | 2006 OffSite | 2006 Disneyland | 2007 POP | 2008 POP & SOG

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite memory..there's so many but your first trip is the most special.

I didn't take my first trip until I was 28 years old. I went with my sister, who hadn't been since the year EPCOT opened, and my best friends and their son. My sister and I have birthdays close together, so our friends told us we would have a late birthday surprise at WDW. We spent a wonderful week there, and on Friday, we got our surprise - A Family Magic Tour!

I had no idea they existed, and here I am, barking down Main Street, singing Hakuna Matata in Adventureland, laughing so hard I cried at my friend (who was the keeper of the book - it turned into Mission:Impossible when we saw a villian) then breaking line with my fellow "heros" at Small World and riding it for the very first time with Peter Pan sitting behind me. It was magic on top of magic on top of magic.
    Contemporary Resort, 06/03
    Pop Century Resort, 6/05 and 12/08
    Disneyland's Paradise Pier, 10/06
    Carribbean Beach Resort, 09/07
    Coronado Springs Resort, 01/10
    Wilderness Lodge, 6/14 - The Susie Angel Celebration
    Pop Century Resort, 02/16 - Princess Half Marathon

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: