Quantcast Yet another MVMCP Question

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yet another MVMCP Question

Mornin My Fellow Mousketeers!

Been corresponding with a friend of mine, as we're getting ready to book a trip for Dec. 7-13. My sister and I are all on for MVMCP, but my friend isn't quite sure - his main question (and mine) is crowds.

I've never been to a MVMCP, but I did go last year to a MNSSHP during one of the "magical weeks" and the crowd was very light (even before Hurricane Jack Skellington swept through). Is that the same for MVMCP during an off week? We were actually thinking of going on the Dec. 9 (Tuesday night) date.

Thanks a bunch!
    Contemporary Resort, 06/03
    Pop Century Resort, 6/05 and 12/08
    Disneyland's Paradise Pier, 10/06
    Carribbean Beach Resort, 09/07
    Coronado Springs Resort, 01/10
    Wilderness Lodge, 6/14 - The Susie Angel Celebration
    Pop Century Resort, 02/16 - Princess Half Marathon

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately you can't judge the crowds. I went in Nov of 2005(one week exactly before thanksgiving, a thursday night) and it was wonderful. We did it the exact night last year and it looked like summer! People EVERYWHERE! The crowds early in the day and all week were great(was one of disney's quieter weeks)... but the MVMCP was so jammed pack. There were people about 6 rows deep for the parade and it didn't start to thin out till after 11pm. I had a stroller and was so frustrated tryign to get just anywhere. I was stunned and actually very mad that the crowd was that bad. When you pay that much for 5 hours, they should have more of a limit on crowds. IMO.
    MK 1980 FOUR hours(July & 105) * Nov 04 POLY.. with my 2 princesses *Nov 05 Contemporary *Nov 06 split stay Cont/POFQ , making memories with my 21 yr old neice who has cancer. Sweet Lindsey passed March 2007 :(
    Nov 07 WL *Nov 08 VWL *Nov 09 Bay Lake Tower WDW/DC/SW/DCL*April 2011 B2B Disney Dream

Post Thanks / Like

me and dw were there last Dec on a Sunday i think that it was the 16th and the park was jammed. this really didn't bother us for lets say getting on rides, because we were'nt there for that we were there to enjoy all that the MVMCP had to offer.

Victor
    95-97,99(dixie landings)
    06/06(asmo- mighty ducks)
    06/07(asmu - jazz inn)
    12/07(asmu - broadway)
    06/08(asmu - calypso)
    12/08(asmu - rock inn)
    09/09(asmu - broadway)
    03/10(boardwalk)free upgrade
    09/10-(asmu- rock inn)
    10/11-(asmu-country+7 day west carib cruise)
    3/12- (okw resort dvc)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to disagree a little bit. We were there for the MVMCP last year, twice. The first night was a "light" night for the part, they second was a SOLD OUT party. Was there a noticable difference between the two? ya. Was it "packed"? no. There were still less people there for teh party than we encountered during a typical day at the park. While it was busy for a MVMCP it was still lighter than an "average" day the second week of December at the Magic Kingdom.

I think people are still hoping to have the place almost to themselves for the parties, and with the growing popularity, that isn't really a practical expectation anymore. But, there are experiences that come with the MVMCP that just can't be beat. Coming over the drop on Splash Mountain or riding BTMRR and seeing the moon shining overhead, then getting a cup of cocoa while Christmas music is piped in through the Magic Kingdom. The special Christmas parade, which is SO beautiful... It IS Christmas to me.

My boyfriend had the same concerns as your friend going into the party (his first every visit) last year, and even though we already had tickets for our second night too, he asked EVERY NIGHT if we could go back and do another one!

As with all things in life, go into it with a positive attitude, roll with the punches, enjoy yourselves and make your own memories and opinions. I think you'll be happy with it!
    There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates' loot on Treasure Island and at the bottom of the Spanish Main... and best of all, you can enjoy these riches every day of your life.
    Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

We wanted to go to the Christmas party this year.......but....

.....we went to the Halloween party in October and it was P-A-C-K-E-D. Because of that, we decided to never pay for a party again.

Yes, they are fun....but the crowds?.....I just kinda figured that there would be less people, hence the cost of the tickets. But we were wrong.

Some people don't mind the crowds. Some people do. It's going to depend on what you want.

Like another poster said ---- it's the luck of the draw in regards to crowds. Three years ago we did the Halloween party and it was EMPTY....but that was because it was pouring rain.
    WDW is my happy place

Post Thanks / Like

We went Thursday Dec. 4th last year and it was great! There were some people but it was definitely not crowded. The parade, fireworks and show at the Galaxy Palace theatre were great! It was amazing sitting on the curb on Main street while it snowed and the amazing parade went by with the castle in the background...

I can't wait to go this year too! Our tix came last week Oh, the cookies were pretty bad though. The hot chocolate was good and the apple slices were great!
    "Is there a 12 step program for this Mouse addiction?"

Next Trips:

11/18-11/29 Destination D:Amazing Adventures!! GF for two nights then Caribbean Beach with free dining...

Post Thanks / Like

I was at a sold out MVMCP this past December, a Tuesday night.

The crowds were just ridiculous!! We were in the MK all that day and it was really quiet. Walk ons and no large amounts of people anywhere. The party was a totally different story. The parade was packed, 6 deep like another poster said, and we were not near the Castle, we were near the Country Bear Jamboree! Main Street was jammed and the walkway to the right of the Castle, heading to Tomorrowland was down right scary after the fireworks.
    I was there with two friends, husbands and kids stayed home, and I said a few times that I was so glad my kids were not with me. I probably would have gone back to the resort.
    It definately did not make for a good time.

We are taking the kids for Xmas this December too. We are skipping the party.
    Last edited by Sean Riley Taylor's Mom; 05-16-2008 at 03:11 PM. Reason: spelling goof
    DVC Members @ SSR
    19 Trips since 1996:
    Caribbean Beach Resort-2x's, Dixie Landings-2x, POFQ-2x's, POR-3x's All Star Movies-4x's, Pop-1x, Saratoga Springs-2x, BWV-1x, OKW-2x

Just got back: August 17th-22nd POR

Post Thanks / Like

They sell about 20,000 tickets to each MVMCP and that can be alot of people. If you're looking for empty parks, come to the parks early in the morning. It may seem like a little too much money to lay down for the same crowds you'd get on another day.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

I went to a MNSSHP on a Friday night in September 2006. Yes, the park was packed...busier than I'd seen it during the day on any other day of my trip.

BUT....the lines for rides were pretty short..walk-on on many, and 15-20 minutes on Space Mountain and Winnie. Anybody else notice this?
    80s: Poly X 2, LBR X 3;
    CBR 3/00
    YC 10/02, 9/06
    Dolphin 10/04
    DL - Grand Californian 3/06
    Disneyland Paris 9/07
    Swan 9/08, 6/10
    BLT @ the CR, 9/09, 12/10 - Daddy-Daughter Trip

Disney-Like: Atlantis - Paradise Island 3/01, 3/02, 9/03, 9/05, 3/07, 4/08, 3/09, 4/10, and 3/11

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MidnTPK View Post

BUT....the lines for rides were pretty short..walk-on on many, and 15-20 minutes on Space Mountain and Winnie. Anybody else notice this?

Yes, that was what we noticed as well at both our two MNSSHP's and the MVMCP I went to.

But, I think most people are like me in that they pay extra to experience the special party events and not ride the rides so much.
    Of course, if you are looking for short ride lines, the party is the way to go!
    DVC Members @ SSR
    19 Trips since 1996:
    Caribbean Beach Resort-2x's, Dixie Landings-2x, POFQ-2x's, POR-3x's All Star Movies-4x's, Pop-1x, Saratoga Springs-2x, BWV-1x, OKW-2x

Just got back: August 17th-22nd POR

Virginia - 775 miles/12hrs from the magic
    Post Thanks / Like

The parties aren't as crowded as they could be on Christmas day, but for a limited ticket event, we have often said that it is much more crowded than we ever expect. That being said, it is well worth it to experience it. But, if you are going to be there on Saturday, the last two years we were there, all the party stuff was seen on Saturday, except the snow, cookies and hot chocolate.
    '09~Pop
    '08~Pop,CR
    '07~Pop,POR
    '06~WL,Pop
    '05~CSR, Pop, CBR
    '04~ASSp, ASMu, Pop
    '03~ASMo,POR,Poly
    '02~WL
    '01~ASMo
    '00~Off Site :0(
    '95~ASSp
    Sept 1991~Honeymoon~Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

I've been there at MVMCP when it was crowded, and when it was not at all crowded. Either way, it is still a wonderful party. The lines on rides tend to be shorter than the daytime.

If you want to see a particular Christmas show, you better get there early.
    The shows seemed to be the most crowded to me.

Also .... DON'T go on a Friday!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much everyone! I'm definately going to go!
    Contemporary Resort, 06/03
    Pop Century Resort, 6/05 and 12/08
    Disneyland's Paradise Pier, 10/06
    Carribbean Beach Resort, 09/07
    Coronado Springs Resort, 01/10
    Wilderness Lodge, 6/14 - The Susie Angel Celebration
    Pop Century Resort, 02/16 - Princess Half Marathon

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: