Quantcast EMH...Morning or Evening?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default EMH...Morning or Evening?

We are going Dec. 28th-Jan. 3rd and I am wondering about the EMH...I have read to get to the parks before they open to be able to ride what you want with little wait...I like the evening EMH and from past years it looks like they are open pretty late during this time...My ? is what is a better time to be able to ride? Should we go to the parks before opening and skip the late EMH or the opposite? Thanks
    Amy
    80 Camping șoș
    89 Offsite șoș
    05 ASM șoș
    06-07-08-09-10-10-11-12-13-14-15 POR șoș

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We ALWAYS do the early morning for all parks other than MK!! There just seems to be less people there than in the evening (except in the MK). In the MK we do the evening hours because most of the young kids have gone back to their hotel rooms by then!!
    John (aka HndrdPrcnt)

DL CM 1987 - 1994
    CM WDW Trips 87,89,90,92
    CBR 1994
    Beach Club 1998
    All Stars 2000
    POP Sept 25-Oct 2 2006

Post Thanks / Like

Morning EMH usually is less crowded and you can get more done (lots of people like to sleep late on vacation, plus if you're coming from the west it's hard to deal with the time change the first few mornings). But if MK is open really late (like after midnight) you'll see the crowds thin out.
    12/99-All-Star Sports * 5/01-POR * 4/02-AKL * 5/03-DL * 5/04-POFQ * 2/05-POR * 5/05-offsite * 10/05-WL * 12/05-DL * 2/06-offsite * 12/06-POP * 4/07-Coronado Springs * 10/07-WL * 4/08-POFQ * 5/10-POFQ * 7/12-DL * 2/14-DL * 6/15-YC

Next Trip ???

Post Thanks / Like

It really depends on whether your family are more of morning or night people. I am a big fan of the evening EMH but only if you can stay for at leat 2 of the hours that they are offered. The first hour of EMH is generally still pretty crowded after that the crowds start thinning out. If you can stay for the 3rd hour that is the best! Most people have already called it a night by then. If you can't stay up that late than the 1 hour of EMH is the way you should go. My family just finds it hard waking up for them. We are going to attempt this on our next trip though!
    Past Disney Trips
    multiple times as a child all off site.
    CBR x2 as a teenager
    2004 Sept. -offsite first trip with DH and DD
    2006 May- POFQ -Grand Gatherings with the whole fam.
    2007 Dec- POFQ -with the inlaws
    2008 Dec -CSR
    2009 Sept- OKW
    2010 CSR

Post Thanks / Like

With those dates, morning EMH probably will be more productive than evening EMH. You'll bet at WDW during some of the busiest days of the year!

The really late night EMH hours at MK can be productive during that time--or so I'm told. The park tends to empty out significantly by midnight, so if EMH runs until 3 or 4 a.m., you'll probably be able to do quite a bit! *LOL*

Post Thanks / Like

I would have to say morning especially given the time of year. It is quite possible especially New Years Eve and Day that the parks will reach capacity and be closed off. I would go at least on those days to EMH morning to ensure you get in the parks. We have always had more luck getting things done in the morning than at night. If you like to sleep in then do it because it is your vacation and do EMH evenings.
    POFQ Jan 2011
    Saratoga Springs May 2010
    POFQ May 2009 and Sept 2009
    POFQ Aug 2008
    POFQ Sept. and March 2007
    POFQ March 2006
    POFQ March 2005 POR July 2005
    POR Dec 2005
    CS August 2004
    Contemporary & POR May/June 2003
    CB May 2002
    OKW 2001
    Disney villas 2000

Post Thanks / Like

While we personally LOVE evening EMH (we aren't early morning people and don't have children) because we love being in the parks at night when they are all lit up and beautiful, due to the time of year you are going, I would probably do early EMH as suggested by many on here. THis will ensure that you get into the park and can ride some things before it gets to busy.

We find EMH (later ones) to be almost empty and we can ride things mulitple times with no wait but we tend to go in the off season because we prefer things to be uncrowded and cooler.

Not sure if this is something you are interested in or if they have dates that late, but just info that may help: I will say that we like doing MVMCP because it keeps the crowds down and we can ride a lot of things during the evening (in addition to the fabulous fireworks and amazing parade they have) while we are eating their apple slices and cookies and drinking their hot chocolate

Have fun! Christmas time at the world is beautiful!
    "Is there a 12 step program for this Mouse addiction?"

Next Trips:

11/18-11/29 Destination D:Amazing Adventures!! GF for two nights then Caribbean Beach with free dining...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: