Quantcast TSM or Soarin'

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TSM or Soarin'

Post Thanks / Like

Default TSM or Soarin'

Both are new attractions at WDW. Both on the same scale. Both highly touted. Both combine screen and ride technology.

So, which do you like more? (I know it's very early in the game for TSM

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Well - I haven't tried TSM yet, and I am looking forward to it. That said, I can't imagine I'll like it better than Soarin. TSM looks really fun and enjoyable, but Soarin is exhilarating and breathtaking.

Post Thanks / Like

Toy Story Mania? It really doesn't seem at all like the same kind of ride as Soarin' even if they share similar elements. It seems more like Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin for comparison purposes, doesn't it? Maybe I'm missing something.

I haven't tried Toy Story Mania yet. I do love Soarin' and don't think it will rate ahead of Soarin' for me.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think most of us have tried TSM. I can not see me making it above Soaring on my favorites list though. I can't wait to test it out though... I am certain the kids are going to LOVE it...

~Cheryl~

2x's as a child, 2003 - Music, 2005 - Pop, 2007 - Music (Sept.), 2007- Movies (SSW), 2008-Movies, 2008 - Movies (Nov), 2009 - Movies (June)

2010- March - not booked but going for youngests 7th birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

From what I've seen on youtube, the only thing TSM will beat Soarin' at is it's queue area.
    1995 - Grand Floridian (Honeymoon)
    1997 - Fort Wilderness Cabins
    1998 - All-Star Music
    2005 - All-Star Music & Movies
    2006 - All-Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip View Post
    From what I've seen on youtube, the only thing TSM will beat Soarin' at is it's queue area.
    Exactly. TSM seems like a watered down Buzz. I was expecting something like spiderman or MIB over at Universal.

Soarin' rocks by the way. I would love to see them change the scenery to something new before the next time i go there.
    1988-Offsite
    1990-Offsite
    March 2008-Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think you've been on Soarin' since they added the interactive crowd games to the queue.

I have been on Toy Story Mania, and it's a pleasant experience. Soarin' is a must-see.
    joelk,
    Disney Transport Driver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joelkfla View Post
    I don't think you've been on Soarin' since they added the interactive crowd games to the queue.

I have been on Toy Story Mania, and it's a pleasant experience. Soarin' is a must-see.
    I was last there in Fall of 2006. You're not counting the multiple choice quizzes on the nature scene photos as "interactive crowd games" are you?
    1998 - All-Star Music
    2006 - All-Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't ridden TSM yet. That being said, I think I will be putting it before Soarin.
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

I was last there in Fall of 2006. You're not counting the multiple choice quizzes on the nature scene photos as "interactive crowd games" are you?
    I am not trying to step on toes answering this but in September of 07 there were interactive games on the screens aside from multiple choice questions. People (as a group) in line were trying to build things and play games on the 3 screens using heat/motion sensor. It was pretty fun watching everyone jump up and down and throw hands up in the air etc. Made the wait go by A LOT faster

~Cheryl~

2x's as a child, 2003 - Music, 2005 - Pop, 2007 - Music (Sept.), 2007- Movies (SSW), 2008-Movies, 2008 - Movies (Nov), 2009 - Movies (June)

2010- March - not booked but going for youngests 7th birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

never tried TSM, tough to match up with soarin, soarin is a great ride, too bad the waits are always ridiculous
    Rob
    2/90 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
    2/92, 94, 98 - Beach Club
    2/96 - Dixie Landings
    2/99, 00 - All Star Sports
    5/05 - Pop Century
    5/07 - Coronado Springs
    8/08 - Beach Club Villas
    4/10 - Wilderness Lodge Villas
    8/12 - Disneyland (offsite)
    11/13 - Beach Club Villas

DVC Member

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure anything could beat the experience of Soarin' (all thrill rides aside). Its an amazing adventure that Disney captures perfectly for all of its guests!

Chris
    Remembering the Magic:
    March 1997 - Off site
    March 1999 - Caribbean Beach Resort
    May 2007 - Pop Century & Caribbean Beach Resort
    September 2007 - Pop Century Resort
    August 2008 - Coronado Springs Resort

UP NEXT::
    October 2009//MNSSHP//CSR!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disney07 View Post
    TSM seems like a watered down Buzz.
    Uuuuuuuhhhhh......no. TSM is head and shoulders above Buzz. The effects are better, you can actually see what you've hit and it's a lot more fun.

That said, I can't really rate TSM against Soarin', they're completely different.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cal5755 View Post
    I am not trying to step on toes answering this but in September of 07 there were interactive games on the screens aside from multiple choice questions. People (as a group) in line were trying to build things and play games on the 3 screens using heat/motion sensor. It was pretty fun watching everyone jump up and down and throw hands up in the air etc. Made the wait go by A LOT faster
    Yep, we saw it, too, in Sept. It was called "Mash the Mudballs". My daughter wanted to wait in the standby line just to play it again! Yikes! I opted for the FP the 2nd time around anyway!

And you're not stepping on toes. We like to have info here! Feel free to chime in.
    Check out my pics, maps and brochures from 1975 on my home page!

Post Thanks / Like

Nope -- like others have answered, the queue now has a series of games on those screens that react to crowd movements, like swaying and arm movements. Some are batting around things like balloons and beachballs; others are building up things, similar to terra-forming in the old Sims computer games. The first time I played them, I had my toughest workout in years from all the jumping around and waving.
    joelk,
    Disney Transport Driver

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Love Soarin'...We always fastpass it when we arrive in the park, they go quickly for the day.
    ¸,ø¤º°`¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,Karen°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¸,ø¤º°`°º¸,ø¤º °`°º¤ø,¸¸,DVC MEMBER
    ¤ø,¸¸,ø¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø"If you believe in Magic, you belong..."¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¸,ø¤º°`° º¤ø,¸¸,ø¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø

Post Thanks / Like

I havent tried TSM but as SOARIN is my favorite ride anyway in the whole of WDW its going to take alot to beat it .

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't tried TSM yet and Love Soaring, but I must say isn't it genius that Disney is actually making me regret getting a fast pass because I am worrying about what I will miss in line! GENIUS!!!
    2017 WDW All Star Music/Universal RP
    2016 :(
    2015 Universal-Royal Pacific
    2014 :(
    2013 Fall: Wilderness Lodge
    2011-12 :(
    2010 French Quarter
    2009 Pop & AKL
    2008 Polynesian
    2007 ASM & BCR
    2006 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with most of the other posters. I have not ridden Toy Story Mania yet, but I will in 16 days!! I can't imagine it will top, or come close to, Soarin for me.
    DVC Members @ SSR
    19 Trips since 1996:
    Caribbean Beach Resort-2x's, Dixie Landings-2x, POFQ-2x's, POR-3x's All Star Movies-4x's, Pop-1x, Saratoga Springs-2x, BWV-1x, OKW-2x

Just got back: August 17th-22nd POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cal5755 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by joelkfla View Post
    Nope -- like others have answered, the queue now has a series of games on those screens that react to crowd movements, like swaying and arm movements. Some are batting around things like balloons and beachballs; others are building up things, similar to terra-forming in the old Sims computer games. The first time I played them, I had my toughest workout in years from all the jumping around and waving.
    Thanks for the update. I appreciate the info.
    1998 - All-Star Music
    2006 - All-Star Movies

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: