Quantcast Tom Sawyer's island & paint brushes?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tom Sawyer's island & paint brushes?

We have never gone over to Tom's island. I think I am going to take the children over there this time to try to find the paint brushes. Are they hidden with a great amount of difficulty? The twins are 5 and would like to take a crack at it.
    Amanda, Mom of 4

ASMo Mar 2005
    Pop Sep 2006, Jan 2014, Jan 2016
    SSR Dec 2006
    Disney Magic Jan 2008, Mar 2009, Apr 2011
    OKW Jan 2009, June 2012, December 2017
    POFQ Jan 2012
    VWL Oct 2012
    AKV Jan 2013, June 2013, Aug 2015
    AOA July 2014
    All Star Sports Jan 2015

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

No the paint brushes are not hidden really at all. They just place them in different locations around the island. We found ours sitting in plain view on top of a rock in Injun Joe's Cave.
    °O° Von Drake °O°
    10 trips before 2000 | 2001 Offsite | 2001 SOG | 2002 CR | 2005 ASSp & SOG | 2006 OffSite | 2006 Disneyland | 2007 POP | 2008 POP & SOG

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/s...d.php?t=133302

Check the post above for more insight
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't even know about this. My DD will love looking for them.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Do they only put the paintbrushes out first thing in the morning or are they replaced throughout the day?
    '94-DVC OKW * '94-'96 OKW * '97 OKW, BWV * '98 OKW, DI * '99 OKW, FW * '00 OKW, VB * '01 OKW,Y&BC,BWV * '02 SSR * '03-'05 OKW*2006 BWV,AKL*'07 OKW * '08 AKV, SSR * '10 BLT * '11 BLT Next: 03/13 WL

LAFITTE, LA, UNITED STATES( 674 MILES AWAY)
    Post Thanks / Like

we never seem to have the time to go to tom sawyers island, but this year i plan to take the time to visit the island
    Jimmy

Co-Host: The Disney Nerds Podcast

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KineGirl View Post
    Do they only put the paintbrushes out first thing in the morning or are they replaced throughout the day?
    Tom Sawyer's Island opens a little bit later than the rest of Frontierland (check guide maps). So, if you go straight there after the rope-drop, you will have to wait a while before the first raft heads over to the island. That is pretty much the only way to find a paintbrush though, to be on that first raft over to TSI. Many times you can spot a hidden paintbrush while waiting to cross, or while crossing on the first raft. The paintbrushes are only hidden once. Once they're found, castmembers do not hide them again. I am not sure how many paintbrushes are available, but there are a few. If you are lucky enough to find one of the paintbrushes, show it to your return raft pilot and she'll/he'll tell you how to trade the paintbrush in for one of the fast-passes. The pass is good for the number of people in your party. The pass that my daugther received for finding a paintbush back in July '07 was valid for any attraction at MK, not just BTMR or SplashMt. (She chose BTMR anyway.)

cgriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cgriff View Post
    So, if you go straight there after the rope-drop, you will have to wait a while before the first raft heads over to the island. That is pretty much the only way to find a paintbrush though, to be on that first raft over to TSI.

cgriff
    Not necessarily true. DH and I headed to Tom Sawyer island on one of the last rafts of the day and I found a paintbrush in rather plain view. So, really it all depends on luck.
    laughter is timeless. imagination has no age. and dreams are forever.

Past Disney World Trips:
    2/97, 4/98, & 4/00 offsite
    7/06 Honeymoon @ CSR, 9/07 @ Pop with MNSSHP, 2/09 @ POR, 12/09 @ CBR with MVMCP, 1/11 @ CSR
    Next Trip:
    12/15 @ Pop! First trip with 2 little princesses!

Post Thanks / Like

We were there in April. TSI didn't open till 10. So we rode BTMR and PoC till it opened. We were on the first raft and we found paintbrushes out in the open. They passes were only good for BTMR or SplashMt. We went back another day on the first raft and found no paint brushes. It was a lot of fum just exploring the whole island. Check out the map when you get there-the first time we missed a lot of stuff.
    Laura

April 2008 Contemporary
    August 2007 Pop
    May 2006 Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cgriff
    So, if you go straight there after the rope-drop, you will have to wait a while before the first raft heads over to the island. That is pretty much the only way to find a paintbrush though, to be on that first raft over to TSI.

Quote Originally Posted by pixiegoose View Post
    Not necessarily true. DH and I headed to Tom Sawyer island on one of the last rafts of the day and I found a paintbrush in rather plain view. So, really it all depends on luck.
    Yes, lucky you. Has anyone else had a late-in-the-day paintbrush encounter? I wonder if a whole day's worth of island guests past it by not knowing its significance...?

cgriff

Post Thanks / Like

Question Help!Tom Sawyer Island and Paint Brushes!???

Hi

Could somebody clue me in on the Paint Brushes?? I had no idea! So the cast members hide them and If we find them we get fastpasses???? I was reading about it and I would love to know! Please tell!!
    Thanks!
    Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo....

First Trip 1985!
    1998-2007 offsite
    2008-9/12-9/21 All Star Movies
    2009-08/17-08/22 All Star Movies
    2010-12/09-12/20 All Star Sports
    2012-11/29-12/09 Animation of Art!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I think you do get rewarded, but I don't think it's always fastpasses.
    Mickey Mom of 2
    Coming Up: All-Star Sports 11/08
    Coming Up: CSR 3/09
    All-Star Sports 9/07
    Disneyland 10/06
    WDW Dolphin 7/04
    Off - Site 3/98
    Off - Site 6/93
    Off - Site 4/91
    Off - Site 3/83

Post Thanks / Like

Huck and Tom forget and leave their paint brushes lying around the Island. If you find one, bring it to the cast member running the raft, and when you get back to the landing he/she will give you a certificate that is essentially a fastpass for your entire family/group for either Thunder or Splash for that day. The paintbrushes could be lying anywhere - on a path, in the fort etc. Usually they are lying around in the AM and you have to be on the first raft over to the island to be able to find them. It can be pretty competitive. One paintbrush per family/group. Recently we were told they re-hide them at different times of the day - not sure if that's true. We've always found them in the AM. Have fun.

Post Thanks / Like

Last summer, we hustled over to Tom Sawyers Island and found TWO in the morning. One was leaning on a picket fence, the other was on a railing inside the mill (I think). We made DS give one to another family (not sure if Disney has a rule, but to us, it only seemed fair), and the family was soooooo confused.

But, we did get a fast pass for our family to ride on Splash, which was awesome.

Over Christmas, we went around lunchtime, and there were not paintbrushes to be had.

We'll try again this time!
    Next trip - New Years 2018!

Post Thanks / Like

When I was a River Rat, I'd hide them things REAL good-like! I made y'all WORK for your reward Nowadays, it seems like they just THROW them pretty much out in the open. I'd hide 'em INSIDE of the caves, in the nooks and crannies, in real hard-to-spot places. It ain't no fun if'n they're too easy to find
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: