Quantcast How far in advance does Disney announce schedules?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default How far in advance does Disney announce schedules?

I'm trying to plan my Nov 30-Dec 4th trip, and I have to figure out my ADRs before June 3rd, but since I don't know yet what the hours for the parks are, EMHs, etc., it's hard to decide.
    Even the November calendar on WDW website says hours are not yet available. December isn't even up yet.

Those of you with experience may know if these might be up before June 3rd. Please advise! Thanks in advance!
    Check out my pics, maps and brochures from 1975 on my home page!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We're planning for late November too, and I'm surprised that the November hours aren't yet. For the last couple of years, they've released the park hours the first few days of the months for six months out.

Does that make any sense? Basically they "should" have had November hours out the first few days of May. December would historically be out around the first of June, etc.
    2008 - Thanksgiving at WDW!
    2007 - Memorial week at Pop Century
    2007 - DH surprised me for our 10th at Pop
    2005 - CBR in August
    2004 - ASMo with my boys!
    1997 - CBR Honeymoon

Post Thanks / Like

i always thought it was always 6 months before
    1993-2002:various off property resorts
    2003:fort wilderness campground
    December 2007:Caribbean resort
    December 2008: port Orleans french quarter
    December 2010: Port Orleans french quarter

Post Thanks / Like

Usually it is six months in advance. My guess would be that like the rest of us The Walt Disney company is uncertain about the economy and is waiting till they have a little better idea of what the crowds will be like before they announce hours.
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

November hours are being released later than typical this year.

In the meantime, you can view past year's November hours in the Historical Park Hours Archive section of INTERCOT info Central to get a general idea of what park hours are likely to be.

As soon as November park hours are released by Walt Disney World Operations, they will be posted in the Current Park Hours section of INTERCOT info Central in a clear, concise format.
    Figment! aka Jason șoș
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Figment! View Post
    November hours are being released later than typical this year.
    Do you think that the Dec. will be released late too?
    Amy
    80 Camping șoș
    89 Offsite șoș
    05 ASM șoș
    06-07-08-09-10-10-11-12-13-14-15 POR șoș

Post Thanks / Like

I was also surprised that November hours are still not available. We are going to WDW the same week as you and I'm getting concerned about when December hours will be released. I like to use the park hours to help me schedule my ADRs. Although the MVMCP schedule is released and can give us a gauge as to when the MK will close and when Wishes will be held on those days, it doesn't help November visitors trying to decide on their ADRs, since the window is already open for many of them.

Since I'll be arriving Nov 30 and I know that the MVMCP will be held that day (Sunday), then I know that Wishes should be held at 6pm and I can watch them from the Poly beach. As for EMH for any other park, who knows.

As for Speedy's theory that Disney is taking a wait and see attitude because of the economy. I might agree, if I didn't just read an article from last week's Wall Street Journal (May 7)reporting that Disney parks are doing good business, in spite of the economic slowdown. Two reasons are an increase of international travelers, a result of the weak dollar, and more American families vacationing in the US, rather than going abroad, a result of both the weak dollar and the slowing (or possibly contracting) economy.
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

Post Thanks / Like

NOvember hours are 2 full weeks late... so chances that December will be out on time is probably slim. Heck, I just hope Novembers are out before Decembers normal time(June 1st). Not being able to plan parks and such is very difficult, especially with Thanksgiving a week later than last year AND MVMCP on different dates than years past.
    MK 1980 FOUR hours(July & 105) * Nov 04 POLY.. with my 2 princesses *Nov 05 Contemporary *Nov 06 split stay Cont/POFQ , making memories with my 21 yr old neice who has cancer. Sweet Lindsey passed March 2007 :(
    Nov 07 WL *Nov 08 VWL *Nov 09 Bay Lake Tower WDW/DC/SW/DCL*April 2011 B2B Disney Dream

Post Thanks / Like

I called WDW this morning as my trip in early Nov. They told me that they should be out soon. Seems that they underestimated crowd capacity for May so they are now rethinking the holiday crowds.
    DVC Member as of 11/09 BLT!!
    1992 Dolphin Resort
    1995 stayed off-site
    2002 All-Star Movies Resort
    2007 (Oct) Port Orleans French Quarter
    2008 (Nov )1 night at POP
    2008 (Nov) Old Key West Resort
    2011 (Jan) BLT 2 room suite!!!
    2011 (Oct/Nov) BLT 1 bedroom suite
    2012 (Oct) BLT 2 room suite :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dyanna View Post
    I called WDW this morning as my trip in early Nov. They told me that they should be out soon. Seems that they underestimated crowd capacity for May so they are now rethinking the holiday crowds.
    That is what they have been saying since May 3rd!!!
    MK 1980 FOUR hours(July & 105) * Nov 04 POLY.. with my 2 princesses *Nov 05 Contemporary *Nov 06 split stay Cont/POFQ , making memories with my 21 yr old neice who has cancer. Sweet Lindsey passed March 2007 :(
    Nov 07 WL *Nov 08 VWL *Nov 09 Bay Lake Tower WDW/DC/SW/DCL*April 2011 B2B Disney Dream

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: