Quantcast fastpass

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fastpass

Post Thanks / Like

Default fastpass

I have read numerous times that disn does not give you a problem If you return after your fastpass time has expired. If true how much time do they gennerally allow after the ticket expired.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Most of the time this has been true for us but we have never been late by more than 30 minutes. We were turned away once by a CM so I believe they can do that but it has only happened to us once. Most of the time the CM's are pretty cool about it. After all if your ADR's are running behind then so will you!
    POFQ Jan 2011
    Saratoga Springs May 2010
    POFQ May 2009 and Sept 2009
    POFQ Aug 2008
    POFQ Sept. and March 2007
    POFQ March 2006
    POFQ March 2005 POR July 2005
    POR Dec 2005
    CS August 2004
    Contemporary & POR May/June 2003
    CB May 2002
    OKW 2001
    Disney villas 2000

Post Thanks / Like

Last moth while waiting in line for Test Track we actually started a conversation with the CM at the FP line b/c it was almost as long as the standby line – it really moved 5 times faster but still it was shocking to return at our time to find that line. Anyway – he said that most people will get FPs early and then just use them when ever it is convenient for them. Me as naive as I am even after my advanced intercot education asked about the times printed on the ticket and he actually told me that you only have to return after the printed time – not in the printed window of time. So a lot of people will get FPs early and then go eat, ride other rides, do whatever and then just come back any time later in the day. He said that “they” don’t necessarily like this but have been instructed that it’s allowable as long as it’s any time after the printed FP time.
    November 2010 - Fort Wilderness
    August 2008 – Pop
    April 2008 – Fort Wilderness
    November 2004 – Off Site – Cypress Point Resort

Post Thanks / Like

We have used our fp's up to almost an hour later with no problem. (Was stuck on a ride which caused us to be late and told the cm the reason.) I guess the expired fp would be cm call on allowing you to ride or not.
    STEELER SUPERBOWL CHAMPS: 1974, 1975, 1978, 1979, 2005, and 2008 !

[SIZE="1"]1978 OFF SITE CAMPING
    JUNE 2004 POR
    JULY 2005 POR
    AUGUST 2006 POR
    JUNE - JULY 2007 POR
    DEC 2008- JAN 2009 POR
    JUNE 2009 POR
    JUNE 2010 POR
    JANUARY 2011 POP CENTURY
    APRIL 2011 Planning Stages

Post Thanks / Like

From what I read in the Unofficial Guide it was til park close.
    Upcoming Trip - 9/2012
    9/18/10-9/25/10 POP (kids stay & play free)
    9/17/08-9/24/08 POP (free dining)
    9/2000 CBR
    9/1998 Offsite
    9/1996 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

There could be countless reasons why you were late...lets use the example your child spilled soda on his clothes. You had to go get a new shirt or dry him off, etc and now you are 2 hours late lets say...Disney will not care because you've already had one bad experience, and they will not cause you to have another one. Try not to be late, but if you are, no big deal
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

I would try to stick to the one hour window, since they are trying to level the ride loading. If everyone just holds onto their FP's till later, then it really messes up the wait times for all users - other FP users and those without the FP.

Many, many visits since 1973....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon1026 View Post
    I would try to stick to the one hour window, since they are trying to level the ride loading. If everyone just holds onto their FP's till later, then it really messes up the wait times for all users - other FP users and those without the FP.

I agree completely. Disney has taken an effort to reduce wait time with this system, but the system can easily be broken if everyone (or a lot of people) just choose to return whenever they want to. I understand there are several factors beyond a person's control that may cause them to miss the window, but I think such cases are the exceptions to the norm.
    °O° Von Drake °O°
    10 trips before 2000 | 2001 Offsite | 2001 SOG | 2002 CR | 2005 ASSp & SOG | 2006 OffSite | 2006 Disneyland | 2007 POP | 2008 POP & SOG

Post Thanks / Like

We try to stick with it, but occasionally, we end up several hours late. This happened last trip with SplM-we got FP but had to leave for an ADR outside of the park before they were "up". We would have used them when we returned a few hours later, but at that point there was no line, so we just walked on.
    "That’s the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." ~Walt Disney

Disneyland 1987
    WDW 1992
    POFQ 6/25/01-7/1/01
    POP 6/26/06-7/1/06
    POP 8/4/08-8/9/08
    POR 8/5/09-8/12/09
    POR 10/27-10/31
    Next Trip- POR 6/23-6/28

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have much experience with coming late, but the CM over at Maelstorm would not let our group in 2 minutes before the printed time. It was not like there was even a huge line for the ride. We just got the fastpasses and went for some snacks and she literally stood there made us wait until the exact minute.
    1988-Offsite
    1990-Offsite
    March 2008-Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

I have seen that happen and had a wait a minute or two myself one time. I have no problem with that though. A lot of people want Disney to enforce their rules and policies, so when they do I do not mind at all, with they would enforce more of their policies.
    °O° Von Drake °O°
    10 trips before 2000 | 2001 Offsite | 2001 SOG | 2002 CR | 2005 ASSp & SOG | 2006 OffSite | 2006 Disneyland | 2007 POP | 2008 POP & SOG

Post Thanks / Like

Default Never on time!

I rarely arrive at the right time printed on my fastpass. There have been times I have gone through hours after the time printed. I only had one CM say it was too late, and I just went to find another CM that let us in (because I thought the 1st one had to be new and did not know the rules). Up until that point I had no idea that you might not be let in past time.

Post Thanks / Like

It's not uncommon for the CM's to make us wait 5 minutes until our Fastpass time comes around (mind you it is usually during a busy time) However, we've tried to use our fastpass after the time on the pass and we are always successful!
    Carribean Beach '95
    Wilderness Lodge '96 '97 '98
    All Star Music '00 '01 '04
    Off-site '03
    All Star Movie '05 '06
    All Star Music 07'
    Pop Century with DBF Sep 08'
    Pop Century with family March 09'

Next trip: Disney and Universal Studios April 2015!

PINK!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disney07 View Post
    I don't have much experience with coming late, but the CM over at Maelstorm would not let our group in 2 minutes before the printed time. It was not like there was even a huge line for the ride. We just got the fastpasses and went for some snacks and she literally stood there made us wait until the exact minute.
    Yep. You can expect to wait until the exact time your return window opens. That's the rule at all attractions with FP (unless you just happen to find a CM who will give you a minute or two).

As for being late, there is no written rule about accepting late arrivals. However, with very few exceptions those arriving after their FP window closing time will still be admitted. This is considered a courtesy to those who are delayed while returning to the attraction. At Kali River Rapids and Expedition Everest your FastPass will be accepted for the rest of the day.
    Ron
    INTERCOT Staff
    WDW Cast Member
    Expedition: Everest
    Kali River Rapids

Post Thanks / Like

I have never had a problem with this before. I have many times gone after my FP expired but as long as its not before the CM usually let u in.
    Taylor

been over 10 times and aint stoppin.

Post Thanks / Like

I am VERY, VERY, BAD...I am one of those...yep...get the fast pass and come back WAY LATER when it is convenient...even have gone to another park and come back and then used the fast pass...

Sorry...I will try to be better in the future. Like next week.

Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

We've never tried to use an expired FP. We either go back during the printed time window, or we skip it and wait until another day to ride.
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Portland, ME (1421 miles from the Magic!!)
    Post Thanks / Like

I also agree with this post.

While I doubt that in most cases you will be turned away if you are late for your FP window, I do hope everyone is trying to be there at their designated time. It's the polite (and the right)thing to do.
    I know there can be extenuating circumstances sometimes, but I really wouldn't PLAN on being late. If everyone did that it would really throw a wrench in the works.
    "Veggie, veggie! Fruit, fruit!"
    Next Trip: April 2013 - POP
    Previous Trips: 11/12 – ASMu; 8/12 – ASMu; 2/12 - CSR; 12/08; 9/08; 5/08; 2/08 - POFQ; ‘06; ‘05; ’04- ASMu; ‘02-Offsite; ‘01-ASMo; ‘00; ‘99; ‘97-SOG; ‘96-FW Cabin; ‘94-CBR; ‘92-CBR; ‘90-CBR; ‘88-Poly; ‘86-Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Completely agree, we have been maybe 15 min late for our fast pass window but we try to get there during our fastpass time. Its not a suprise when you get your fastpass return time so we try to plan accordingly. Maybe its me but I think if you grab a fastpass with a return time of 1:00 knowing you aren't even going to be in the park thats just inconsiderate to those who could use them.
    Up Next
    15 Disney Hilton Head Jul 5 - Jul 7
    15 Disney Dream Jul 1 - Jul 5
    15 Beach Club Jun 27- Jul 1
    14 Dolphin Resort Jun 12-16
    13 Fort Wilderness Christmas Dec 20- Dec 26

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: