Quantcast The Hardest Thing ...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The Hardest Thing ...

what is the hardest Park to leave on your last day?

Magic is always tough, especially when you leave at night, and have to fly out the next morning, knowing that that is the last firework show you get to see for months.. and I miss the smell of Main Street, and the general atmosphere.
    Trip count 55 =]

Dead men tell no tales

"Now some person I don't even know reminds me there's no eating, drinking, smoking, or flash photography allowed in my dream." - Ellen, Universe of Energy

"Please stand clear of the doors...Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas..."

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I usually end my trips at the Mk which is always difficult especially when I don' have another trip already planned. But I imagine no matter what park I am in it would be difficult to leave since who wants to return to reality (
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

I would have to agree!!!!

MK is so hard to leave. Even if it's not your last day, at the end of the night after Wishes....you just want to stay forever!!! I havent been to WDW since my senior week in '06. I can still sit here and remember everything about spectromagic and wishes our last night there! (The Big Bad Wolf told my friend to call him when he walked by durring spectro! HAHA)

I think that EPCOT is pretty hard to leave too. Esp. since it's my favorite park

Oh my goodness!!!!! I WANT TO GO BACK RIGHT NOOOOOOOW! *throws tantrum!*
    Last trip: June 2006- HS Graduation
    Next trip: September 2010!!! Uncles first trip since WDW opened!

Ray Rice #27
    Baltimore Ravens HON!

Post Thanks / Like

It is bad when EPCOT is our last park since daugheter and i usually loose it BIG time leaving the park. We usually are staying at BCV and used to sit on the swings at the beach and hold each other...

Actually MK seems to be easier at times.
    J
    3/01 1st trip -Off site with 100 kids
    Over 20 trips since 3/01
    Lot's of fun and great family memories..

Going to be there in June 08.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad to know I am not the only one. My kids seem to find it funny that I have a hard time leaving disney!

Post Thanks / Like

All the parks are really hard for me to leave. I hate walking out the gates and knowing that soon I will have to go back to the reality of work, bills, etc...
    I usually go to MGM on my last day...I like to get one last ToT ride in
    Sarah
    "Everybody wants to be a cat!!"

1/12-VWL; 9/11-SSR-Grandstand; 5/11-SSR-Grandstand **First DVC Stay!!**; 10/10-POFQ; 9/09-AKL **Honeymoon**; 2/07-SSR- Paddock; 3/04-AKL; 5/01-DL Paris; 3/01-VWL; 12/00-Off-Site; 1/99-AS Music; 2/97-AS Sports; 2/95-AS Music; 6/93-OKW
    And many times prior...

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Magic of MK

Most of the time we leave MK for our last day on purpose. It's always hard to leave the nastalgia and the magic of that park. When we go home the things we all remember are the sights the sounds and definitely the wonderful smells coming from every restaurant and shop on Main Street. The Ice Cream Shop in particular! I wish I could bottle that or put it in a candle! We always have a traditional "see ya next trip "as we head under the bridge and out of the park. I've been there 19 times since 1983 and I never get sick of it.

Post Thanks / Like

It doesnt matter which park it is .. the hardest thing for us is when we walk out those turnstiles for the last time. I always get my hand stamped though cuz I know I will be back (one day)

The Saddest Day in the World

I always feel a hint of envy toward those who are walking in as we are walking out.
    '94-DVC OKW * '94-'96 OKW * '97 OKW, BWV * '98 OKW, DI * '99 OKW, FW * '00 OKW, VB * '01 OKW,Y&BC,BWV * '02 SSR * '03-'05 OKW*2006 BWV,AKL*'07 OKW * '08 AKV, SSR * '10 BLT * '11 BLT Next: 03/13 WL

Post Thanks / Like

magic kingdom
    SEPT 6 -14 por AB

Post Thanks / Like

For us it is MK with the last ride always Pooh. It is so hard when we know that this is the last thing we seem to want the lines to be a little longer with that. We get off slower with walking out of the park slower. This is the way our family does it, call it habbit or call it tradition this is how we end a vacation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KineGirl View Post
    It doesnt matter which park it is .. the hardest thing for us is when we walk out those turnstiles for the last time.
    I always feel a hint of envy toward those who are walking in as we are walking out.
    I know the feeling. All those people get to start having fun, and mine is years away.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

We always make one of the restaurants in Epcot our last place to visit. For some reason a good meal in a great restaurant has a way of making it a little easier to re-enter the real world.Then it's off to the airport with plans and dreams already in motion for our next Disney vacation.
    Bill
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.

AKL, Jambo, September 18 to October 2, 2012

Post Thanks / Like

MK most definately. We usually do a 1/2 day before leaving. We get there as soon as it opens make a mad dash to fantasyland and ride all those rides then make our way over to Splmt, BT, on to HM, POTC and finish up on mainstreet. It's really sad then the dreaded trip back home. Then we start planning the next one as soon as we're on the road home.
    STEELER SUPERBOWL CHAMPS: 1974, 1975, 1978, 1979, 2005, and 2008 !

[SIZE="1"]1978 OFF SITE CAMPING
    JUNE 2004 POR
    JULY 2005 POR
    AUGUST 2006 POR
    JUNE - JULY 2007 POR
    DEC 2008- JAN 2009 POR
    JUNE 2009 POR
    JUNE 2010 POR
    JANUARY 2011 POP CENTURY
    APRIL 2011 Planning Stages

Post Thanks / Like

leaving mk is the hardest for me.no matter how long our stay,the mk is first and last park
    we attend.to me it is the world,everything else is just a disney bonus.it has become tradition
    as we leave the gate to stop turn around and take one last look at the train station,monorail and everything else you can see and just try to take it all in.dw will say,"don't worry,we'll be back soon".

Post Thanks / Like

It probably wouldn't matter whihc park we left - I would still cry. but we always start and end with MK, so that's it for me.

Post Thanks / Like

usually on the way to the airport we listen to our disney cds and get ourselves all ready. but on the ride home from the airport we are like "please turn the music offff" because it makes us sad =/

and i know what you mean about people walking in when you are walking out i hate that feeling.
    Trip count 55 =]

Dead men tell no tales

"Now some person I don't even know reminds me there's no eating, drinking, smoking, or flash photography allowed in my dream." - Ellen, Universe of Energy

"Please stand clear of the doors...Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas..."

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

For me, the Magic Kingdom is the toughest park to leave behind.
    At the end of our last couple of trips, myself and either one or two of my children would make our way to the Magic Kingdom and hop on our favorite attractions one last time before returning to the resort.
    Of course, when leaving the resort I have mixed feelings of happiness and a bit of envy for those walking into the lobby to check in.
    The last day is so bitter sweet! I guess that I'll have to return and experience it all again!
    Eric
    Resorts:
    POLYNESIAN (Favorite), Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs. Beach Club, Saratoga Springs, AoA, All Star Sports and POP Century

Post Thanks / Like

Magic Kingdom. I swear I try to transform myself into a sponge, drinking it all slowly in before we leave. There are always tears., but on a brighter note, there is always a promise, if not already a plan, to return. We always ride POTC last. Its a killer watching the folks at check in, or even worse, the happy people heading thru the airport on their way to magical express, as we are trudging the other way, back to catch the plane to NJ.
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

We always avoid parks on our last day and sleep in and spend the day at the pool relaxing after exhausting ourselves at the park for the week. I think it makes it a little bit easier to leave too.

However our last night in the parks is always MK. Got to see Wishes and Spectromagic one last time to last us to our next trip. We usually turn around and wave at the castle and say see you next time before we leave the park. Then of course the kids are planning the next trip on the ride back to the hotel!!

~Cheryl~

2x's as a child, 2003 - Music, 2005 - Pop, 2007 - Music (Sept.), 2007- Movies (SSW), 2008-Movies, 2008 - Movies (Nov), 2009 - Movies (June)

2010- March - not booked but going for youngests 7th birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default MK 1st and Last Park

Magic Kingdom is usually our first and last park. It is always truly heartbreaking to leave. I'm always very sad and tired, but I have to hide it because I don’t want the kids to see me crying. It’s bad enough that I’m dealing with my own melancholy I don’t want to transfer it to the kids. They handle these things a lot better than we do.

It's good to know that I'm not the only person feeling envious of the persons checking in or on their way to magic express when we are leaving. I usually start planning in my brain and discussing our next trip with the kids, this sometimes helps. The good thing is we are usually tired and sleep on our way back home. When we reach home there are usually a couple more days before school begins so we are usually busy trying to get ready for that.

Surprisingly its times like these that make me sad, reading threads like this one. We are hopefully on our way to see the mouse this August again and I'm already excited.
    Mommy to a Prince & a Princess

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: