Quantcast Secret Places to watch parades

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Secret Places to watch parades

Does your family have a secret place they like to hide away and yet have a perfect view of Spectro or the holiday theme parades?

For us its in Liberty Square... tucked away from the main area where people stand crowded along the street is a quite little porch area with three rocking chairs and a set of little steps... yay for higher ground and comfortable seating for night time parades.

Lindsay
    Trip count 55 =]

Dead men tell no tales

"Now some person I don't even know reminds me there's no eating, drinking, smoking, or flash photography allowed in my dream." - Ellen, Universe of Energy

"Please stand clear of the doors...Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas..."

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

We go to the shootin range in adventure land

not alot of people go there, believe it or not!
    We watch from there every time we're there
    Last trip: June 2006- HS Graduation
    Next trip: September 2010!!! Uncles first trip since WDW opened!

Ray Rice #27
    Baltimore Ravens HON!

Post Thanks / Like

Dont have a great relaxed spot but we usually set up shop right near the walkway heads down to Adventureland. Then when you take pictures and video The castle is in the background and it kind of adds to it later when you watch it back!

Steve
    1982 Off Site 4 Days
    2006 All Star Music 10 Days
    2008 Pop Century 10 Days

2009 all star movies 10 days
    2010 all star Music 5 days
    2011 Port Orleans Riverside 10 days
    2013 Port Orleans Riverside 9 days
    2015 Caribbean Resort 10 Days

Post Thanks / Like

I have a few "secret" watching spots for each parade. It depends on the day, and my mood.
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

I look for the first open spot where the sun is at my back. That way all the photos are clear. I like getting a different spot each time so that I don't get the same photo and video angles.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Ours isnt really a relaxing place, but we just love to stand outside of the Christmas Shoppe and watch the parade. The castle looks great in the pictures and it is somewhat shaded!
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Post Thanks / Like

This isn't really a "secret" spot, but it's our favorite spot to watch Spectro. On our first family trip back in 2000, a CM in Fantasyland told us to watch the parade (I think then it was the Electric Light Parade) in Frontierland right in front of the stocks. He told us that we would be able to see the front and back of each float because the parade makes a turn there. That is our favorite place to watch if we are only watching Spectro. If we are doing Spectro and Wishes, we stand right in front of Casey's Corner on Main Street. If we are doing the afternoon parade at MK, we usually head to Frontierland as well since it is less crowded there and it is at the start of the parade so we can be off doing things while those on Main Street are still waiting or watching.
    Diane

Past trips to WDW:
    12/12 CBR with free dining
    5/10 CBR with free dining
    4/09 CBR couples only trip for 20th anniv.
    9/08 Pop with free dining
    5/07 Pop
    4/05 Pop
    12/04 Pop
    4/04 Pop
    12/02 AS Sports
    4/02 AS Movies
    3/00 Ft. Wilderness Cabins

Post Thanks / Like

We discovered a great spot for watching Spectro. Just across the bridge from the hub, into Liberty Square (right outside the funnel cake shop). You can watch the parade coming unobstructed - because no one can be on the bridge to block your view. You get a perfectly clear view of everything as it approaches.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disnamic Duo View Post
    We discovered a great spot for watching Spectro. Just across the bridge from the hub, into Liberty Square (right outside the funnel cake shop). You can watch the parade coming unobstructed - because no one can be on the bridge to block your view. You get a perfectly clear view of everything as it approaches.
    This is where we watched Spectro and it was a great spot. It was pretty crowded there though.
    Missouri Nurse
    Me (Kim), DH (Kenny), DS (Charlie)
    DD (Kimbra) DD Kaitlyn

March 2008 offsite-First trip Me and Kids
    March 2009 POR First Family Vacation

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: