Quantcast Most Magical Anniversary Trip - Day Two - 4/30/08

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Most Magical Anniversary Trip - Day Two - 4/30/08

Wake up call was at 6:45 a.m. although due to some mistake the call came through at 6:40 and when DH answered it, he heard nothing. No Stitch!! What happened? Who knows?! Getting a full nights rest was SO NICE. I didn’t wake up once. That’s unusual for me. But only get 30 minutes of sleep the previous night probably had something to do with it.

We had a big morning ahead of us. We got to be in the promo videos for DHS’s new attraction, Toy Story Mania. I have a whole separate review for this experience since I rode the ride 5 times and got have a lot to talk about regarding the backstage area, new Pixar area, and the new attraction itself! Link to review: http://intercot.com/discussion/showt...=132397&page=3

I forgot to mention something in my review that is kind of cool. In a big warehouse room leading up to our "break room," I saw a large pile posters and signs that had "MGM-Studios" still on them. Around them were a lot of other props and such that were "outdated." Pretty funny!

It was quite an experience… I’ll say that much. We were supposed to wrap at 12:00 p.m. but that did not happen. Some people got really upset and wanted to leave pronto. We just had to make it out by 1:15 because we had reservations at Sci-Fi.

We made our reservations just in time and only had to wait about 5 minutes to be seated as hitchhikers in a regular car. The food was actually better than normal. DH and I both got a soy burger with fries. For drinks DH wanted a chocolate shake and I was happy to be able to order vanilla coke made with syrup. Mmmmm….. Our waitress was a sweetheart and very attentive. Something we are not used to at Sci-fi. When we got our check I realized something very interesting and took a picture of it. If the picture is too dark on your monitor, this is what it says. "We are often asked about gratuities. No gratuity has been added to your bill. Quality service is customarily acknowledged by a gratuity of 18% to 20%. Thank you."
    Not only do they "help" you with your tip on the check itself by putting what 18% and 20% would be, but they even explain it all in a little card to the right. Tacky tacky tacky...

Stopped for a potty break and then decided to hit up some attractions. On our way to check out what wait times were looking like we realized that Block Party Bash was going to start in 15 minutes! Even though it was getting pretty hot in the sun I really wanted to see it and Matt was pretty clueless as to what was going on. After waiting for the first set of “party” to go by it was finally our turn. As the floats went by us I told Matt that I wanted Boo to stop by us. That’s the whole reason for me to watch the parade! I love Boo! Well, as she walked by us she ended up stopping with the Monsters Inc. float down from us quite a ways and she was on the other side so I couldn’t even get a good picture of her  Boo  The parade was really energetic and I kept telling Matt how much I could see myself dancing in those fun outfits! Someday…. Someday….

It started to get pretty warm at that point so we checked out The Great Movie Ride which we only had to wait about 5 minutes to get on. We got the cowboy scene this time! Hooray! We always get the gangster and Matt hadn’t seen the cowboy part yet. He loved it…. As did I. Sadly, we were still warm and needed to cool down so we got ourselves a nice frozen lemonade and made our way to the front of the park and sat on a bench and enjoyed it together before heading back to Pop for a swim.

After our dip in the pool, which, was very warm by the way… we changed and freshened up back in the room. Everything Pop was NUTS. It’s not that it was all THAT busy, we’ve seen it worse. But, it seemed as though everyone wanted a cheeseburger and fries at the exact same time. I just wanted salmon so I got that in about 2 seconds while Matt waited almost 15 minutes to get a soy burger. We understand that it’s an unpopular order but we do think that the wait time for these should not be so ridiculous. Matt noticed that the lettuce, tomato, and pickles are no longer on a plate. They are in a little to-go cup with a lid to keep things fresh. I thought it was a great idea until Matt pointed out how everything was piled and if you just wanted the shredded lettuce, you’d have to pick all of the other veggies off, taking some of the lettuce with it. It wouldn’t have bothered me a whole lot but Matt sure didn’t care for it. We decided on a resort mug because saying no to unlimited refills of frozen Coke is just obscured.

We wanted to head back to the Studios and check a few more things off of our to-do list. Star Tours was first up and it was a virtual walk-on. Then we headed for Muppet Vision 3-D! We got to sit wherever we wanted so we chose a seat in the middle and no one was even in our row! How nice! We both came out of the show feeling a little cold but didn’t bring sweatshirts. Ugh, we were those silly unprepared people. Now I can see how Disney sells so many sweatshirts after the sun goes down. It’s people like us that they can dupe. But, we were not duped! We sucked it up and headed for Tower of Terror since it was 10 minutes until Fantasmic and we knew we would see the show later in the week. Tower of Terror was also a walk on! It was very fun!!! We got lots of full drops and saw the top three times! The shops were still open until 9:30 so we browsed through those. After coming out of the memorabilia shop, we noticed a huge mass of people racing towards us….. it was the aftermath of Fantasmic. RUN!!!!!! That’s what we did…. Right to the Pop Century bus stop.

Great day full of new experiences. Tomorrow will be just as fun I’m sure. It’s Disney! Where else can you say that you walked on a life size keyboard, waved at a green army man toy, and dropped faster than gravity in a haunted elevator? No where!!

Link to Day Two Pictures
    http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x.../April%2030th/
    -Stacey

"There is a natural hootchy-kootchy motion to a goldfish.”

"To all who come to this happy place, welcome." -Walter Elias Disney

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Really fun day! Nice pics (though your pic about the tip doesn't seem to be there).
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like another good day!

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome trip report. Lots of fun packed in to one day. Great pictures. Happy Anniversary. Hopefully I will be there next May for my 10th anniversary.
    LIZ
    Disneyland-Too many times to count
    WDW
    APRIL 2005 - Offsite
    DECEMBER 2006 - Fort Wilderness
    OCTOBER 2007-Saratoga Springs Resort
    SEPTEMBER 2009-OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    Really fun day! Nice pics (though your pic about the tip doesn't seem to be there).
    It just doesn't show up? When I click on the link it works for me so I'll try and figure out why it's not working for you.
    -Stacey

Post Thanks / Like

What another great day you all had! I enjoyed reading your report! Can't wait to read more! Thanks for sharing!
    M°o°nica

Prepare to Shake..Rattle & Roll!
    Freeway Construction Ahead Take Atl. Route.Traffic Jammed.Drive Safely Detour Ahead..get ready to ROCK! All lanes open.SO FLOOR IT! Car Pool lanes open..WIDE OPEN - RnRC

Next Up: Oct 28 - Nov 7th!

N' Awlin's girl born & raised

Post Thanks / Like

Great report, however, the check picture is so dark, I can't read it.

Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to read more.
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dolphinmickey9170 View Post
    Great report, however, the check picture is so dark, I can't read it.

Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to read more.
    Sorry!! I quoted it in my original post.
    -Stacey

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Another great day! I can't believe how empty the Streets of America is! Was this during Fantasmic?
    Thanks again!
    Eric
    Resorts:
    POLYNESIAN (Favorite), Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs. Beach Club, Saratoga Springs, AoA, All Star Sports and POP Century

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyorBust View Post
    Another great day! I can't believe how empty the Streets of America is! Was this during Fantasmic?
    Thanks again!
    Yes it was! It was VERY eerie and we didn't stay long. We felt like we weren't supposed to be there.
    -Stacey

Post Thanks / Like

another great day!!! sounds like you guys managed to get alot in today!!
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

I love the cowboy scene too!! We have only seen it a few times...always seem to get the other!!
    Deb
    2012 Jan ALSM
    2011 July POFQ
    2010 July POR
    2009-Oct 3 days POFQ
    2009-June POFQ
    2008-Aug OKW
    2007-June WL
    2007-Jan POFQ
    2006-July Polynesian
    2005-June OKW
    2004-July BCV
    2004-Jan off site
    2003-July FWC
    2003-Dec/Jan CS
    2002-June OKW
    2000-July POFQ
    1999-July OKW
    1998-July OKW
    Have a Disney Day!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like another great day. I am going right now to read the review of the toy story promo video experience. Thanks for sharing.
    Danielle

First Trip: April 1977
    Last Trip:- June 15-June 27 BLT and Vero Beach
    Next Trip: June 20-30 Vero Beach

pogo Guest

It sounds like a perfect Day Two for you and Matt. You even got a swim in ! Good for you !

I can't wait to read more.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry you weren't filmed Stacey. You and Matt are so cute with great smiles, silly director. I think the wait staff must be getting much fewer tips due to people being ignorant of the dining plan change, I'll cut them some slack even though I do agree with you on the tackiness factor.

Karen
    2001 ASMo, 2003 Royal Pacific and Poly, 2004 Beach Club, 2005 Cabins at FW, 2007 Poly, 2008 Poly and Hard Rock, 2009 Portofino and Poly, 2014 Royal Pacific and Kidani

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report!
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Fun! I love the Toy Story part! How exciting!
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool to be a part of the Toy Story Preview! Thanks for sharing your fun day at the Studios with us.
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like another great day! Loved the pictures of Pop since we haven't stayed there yet.

I agree about the receipts and the gratuity. Very tacky, indeed!
    DW of lotrfan
    Offsite - '81-'86
    DL - '89, '97, '05
    POFQ - '94, '95
    FW - '96
    POR - '98, '01
    CBR - '08 (Honeymoon)
    AsMo - '09 (Princess 5K & 1st Anniversary)
    DCL - Dec. '11 (30th b-day gift)

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the report!
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR