Quantcast When animatronic (sp?) break down....

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default When animatronic (sp?) break down....

I was on Spaceship Earth Sunday evening and noticed that the violinist and other musician were gone but they'd been there less than a week earlier (I live nearby so I go quite a bit).

I guess this question would be for a cast member, but are the figures in most rides modular in the sense that they can be removed from the ride and fixed while the ride continues?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I would imagine they are.
    I remember one trip I went on POTC. You know the part where there are 3 pirates singing along with a donkey? Well one of the pirates had a different head (the chubby pirate)! His body was still tubby but his head was from a much slimmer animatronic!
    I guess that head was "filling in" while the other one was out being repaired!
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't seen the animatronic break down, but I've been at Mickey's Philharmagic when the sound went out. You could here the big fans turning on and off for the wind effect, and you could hear the spray machines for the water and scent effects. It was definitely NOT magical.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

We rode EE one time and the Yeti didn't move like it was supposed to. It just had strobe lights behind it. We went on it again and it did move that time.

CaptainJessicaSparrow Guest

On Dinosaur, they can remove them. The brontasaurus was missing last time I rode. They even editted the sound track so that nothing was said about it but the car did make the stop there. It was weird and even more scary since everything was all the mean dinosaurs and no nice ones!!

Post Thanks / Like

1) Of course, AA breakdowns do cause a problem.
    2) Maintenance has a nightly regime of fix up.
    3) The most severe breakdowns are handled by taking AA's off the line.
    4) Then they can be repaired or retired.

NOTE: In some cases, broken and retired AA's are let out into the public domain and they enter Politics, where they can use their pre-programming to say and do the same things over and over as long as they please the public.
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I would imagine they are.
    I remember one trip I went on POTC. You know the part where there are 3 pirates singing along with a donkey? Well one of the pirates had a different head (the chubby pirate)! His body was still tubby but his head was from a much slimmer animatronic!
    I guess that head was "filling in" while the other one was out being repaired!
    The dog that barked along with them has been gone for a while now. I'm curious to see if he's out of the pound after the refurb.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

During our last trip, we went on IASW at the beginning of the week and noticed that one of the Hawaiian girls was not hula-ing. Later in the week we went on again, and she was gone!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
    1)
    NOTE: In some cases, broken and retired AA's are let out into the public domain and they enter Politics, where they can use their pre-programming to say and do the same things over and over as long as they please the public.
    I think I met one of them once!!
    Sainter
    Oct97 AS Sports/Trop Palms
    Oct00 AS Sports/4 Pts Sheraton
    Oct01 Condo Nov02 POR/Calypso Cay
    Oct 03 POR Nov04 Pop
    Oct05, Mar07, June08 POR
    Mar09 AS Sports, Sept09 POR
    Mar11 Pop/CSR, Jan12 AS Sports
    Oct12 POR/CB, Oct14 OKW
    Sep15POFQ, Oct16 Pop/POR
    Sep17 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

The day was April 18th, one day after my BD , but I can't remember the exact year. It was in the early 90's. Abraham Lincoln had a major meltdown in the Hall of Presidents. He was at the end of his speech and as he began to sit down his hips didn't bend so he laid down across the back of the chair. It was quite entertaining. Everyone got a good laugh out of it. A clip of it was shown on TV on one of the blooper shows not too long ago.
    Bill
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.

AKL, Jambo, September 18 to October 2, 2012

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AHOTE View Post
    The day was April 18th, one day after my BD , but I can't remember the exact year. It was in the early 90's. Abraham Lincoln had a major meltdown in the Hall of Presidents. He was at the end of his speech and as he began to sit down his hips didn't bend so he laid down across the back of the chair. It was quite entertaining. Everyone got a good laugh out of it. A clip of it was shown on TV on one of the blooper shows not too long ago.
    I remember seeing that on TV. I think it was on America's Funniest Home Videos. It was quite bizarre. I can only imagine what it would be like to see that in person.
    I'm a dad! My daughter, Eisley, was born on December 17, 2010.

Regular WDW visitor since 1981

Post Thanks / Like

I just watched it on you tube, it was quite funny. I searched for "Abe Lincoln malfunctioning Hall of Presidents". I love the Hall of Presidents. They look so real it's actually creepy for mr

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrsgaribaldi View Post
    I just watched it on you tube, it was quite funny. I searched for "Abe Lincoln malfunctioning Hall of Presidents". I love the Hall of Presidents. They look so real it's actually creepy for mr
    Yeah it is a real Disney Classic for sure. When it started to happen the place got real quite and when people realized what was going on they started to laugh. We still about it when we reminisce and we joke about what animatronic mishape may occur on our next visit. I doubt we'll ever be that lucky again
    Bill
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.

AKL, Jambo, September 18 to October 2, 2012

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: