Quantcast 4 Parks, 1 Day

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4 Parks, 1 Day

Post Thanks / Like

Default 4 Parks, 1 Day

Have you ever gone to all four parks in one day? If so, would you do it again?

My dad and I did this on the last day of our first trip. We decided to end the trip by doing all our favorite things. It was fun... and exhausting. I would totally do it again though. It was an incredibly magical day.
    "Hakuna matata!"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kelly.garrett View Post
    Have you ever gone to all four parks in one day? If so, would you do it again?

My dad and I did this on the last day of our first trip. We decided to end the trip by doing all our favorite things. It was fun... and exhausting. I would totally do it again though. It was an incredibly magical day.
    Back when I fell for the pin collecting, yes, I have been in all 4 parks in one day, a couple times all before 11am. Not really a reason to do it again. I think it's reasonable to go to three parks in one day. There have been times where we left Epcot to go to MK for a ride or food, or whatever, then over to MGM for Fantasmic or something. Sure, no problem doing something like this, but it does kill a lot of time with travel between the parks.

Post Thanks / Like

We've done 3 in a day. We had one day before our cruise. We just hit very specific things in each park. It was one EE first opened, so we ran there, then did our faves at MK, then to Epcot for Soarin and dinner. It was one of our favorite days, we actually did it at a pretty relaxed pace. Crazy!
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

We did it on my b-day a couple of years ago.

We took the bus to AK, rode a few rides then took the bus to MGM. After a few more rides we took the boat to EPCOT. We had lunch wandered around word showcase, hit a couple of rides in future world and out the front gates to take the monorail to MK. A long day but a lot of fun.
    "Believe me, it's the most exciting and challenging assignment we have ever tackled at Walt Disney Productions."
    Walt Disney speaking on the future Disney World

Post Thanks / Like

On our last trip we did Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, and Magic Kingdom in one day our son was exhausted when we got back to the hotel. The only night he fell asleep before 10:00.
    °O° Von Drake °O°
    10 trips before 2000 | 2001 Offsite | 2001 SOG | 2002 CR | 2005 ASSp & SOG | 2006 OffSite | 2006 Disneyland | 2007 POP | 2008 POP & SOG

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't tried 4 in a day I did come close a few times and even have a plan worked out in me head.

Park 1: AK opening until about 11 AM
    Park 2: DHS 12PM Until about 3PM
    Park 3: Epcot 4PM until 7PM
    Park 4: MK 8PM until close

Of course based on EMH's and other factors the plan may have to be adjusted.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Not 4 in a day, but like others we have done 3. I have to admit we are the commando type. We often leave our room around 8:30 in the morning and don't get back til after 11 p.m. So it is not uncommon for us to hit a park in the morning, head over to a different park in the afternoon or for dinner, then hit which ever park is having EMH's. DH is determined to hit all 4 in one day on our next trip. I tell him he is crazy. We will be ttoally wiped! Plus it will be the first trip DD7 won't be in a stroller.
    Past Disney Trips
    multiple times as a child all off site.
    CBR x2 as a teenager
    2004 Sept. -offsite first trip with DH and DD
    2006 May- POFQ -Grand Gatherings with the whole fam.
    2007 Dec- POFQ -with the inlaws
    2008 Dec -CSR
    2009 Sept- OKW
    2010 CSR

Post Thanks / Like

I am glad to see others have done 3 or more parks in one day and lived to tell about it!

We are headed to Disney's Vero Beach next month and as a surprise to our children we added two nights at WDW to our vacation. We all have one day hoppers plus water parks from some old tickets we didn't use all up (the old style hoppers that didn't expire). Since we will be celebrating DSs Kindergarten graduation we will spend our one day riding all his favorites, plus he is now tall enough to ride EE and SpaceM. Our plan is to hit DHS for morning EMH and hopefully ride the new Toy Story Mania ride, maybe do star tours and DH and oldest DS will hit RNRC while younger DS and myself will do ToT. Then we plan to maybe do a water park for a few hours since the boys have never been to a disney water park. When we go to water parks back home they are often ready to leave after 2 or 3 hours. Then we'll run over to AK for Landon's first ride on EE and we'll end our night at MK watching the fireworks and riding SpaceM. I didn't know if this plan would work, but it appears many of you have done similar things. I am sure it will be an exhausting day, but with only one day to go into the parks I think it will be worth it.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I've done 3 a few times and 4 once. If I remember correctly, it went something like this:

Started at AK, spent most of morning there.
    Was at MK for lunch, stayed til around 4.
    Had a 5:30 dinner in Epcot (Mexico I think). Stayed for 9:00 Illuminations, then went to DHS for a 10:30 Fantasmic.

Post Thanks / Like

My 1st trip there was like that. I thought it was normal to run from park to park. My sister still laughs about how she introduced me to disney.
    Coreen

Post Thanks / Like

Default Possible But Not Practical

Visiting 4 parks in a day is possible but you have to sprinkle the fairy dust of optimism all over your plans.

When considering changing parks too many people think Main Street MK then blink and Expedition Everest.

Besides the obvious transportation requirements just walking to the exit of one park then standing in a security queue then an admissions queue (while Freddy Firstimer can figure out which way to insert his room key into the reader) then walk to your first attraction.

That being said, less tradittional transfers like Epcot International gateway to boat to MGM help.

4 parks in way day means, I'll bet, youm at the end of the day will have spent as much total time transferring as you did at any single park.

Post Thanks / Like

I've actually done 5 in one day Oh yeah, you know I'm cool. This was BC (before children), because it's much easier to park hop very well when you're not toting around strollers and food and kids. Here's how it went.

DS: ToT(x2), RnRC, StarTours, and Muppets3D
    Blizzard Beach: ate some mini-donuts, Summit Plummet (got some great photos from the top)
    Animal Kingdom: Festival of the Lion King, Flights of Wonder, Kil-Safari
    MK: ToonTown, Dinner at Liberty Tree, watched Wishes (7pm)
    Epcot: MissionSpace, watched Illuminations

By far, this was the greatest day of my life!
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Default once was enough (more than enough actually)

I did them all once, way back when pregnant DW was back in room with very young DD. Pretty much all that I took away from the experience was bragging rights among disney hardcores and the kind of exhaustion that lends itself to "sleeping like a log." Its doable....but not recommended. You lose too much time in park transfers and other non-recreation activities.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

Default did it with DD

One day me and my oldest DD 7, split from Mom and other DD5....It was DD7' s Birthday:mickey:Turned out to be one of the best days of my life and made me a proud parent

Started at Epcot with EMH 3 hours
    rode Soaring:thumbsup:, test track 5 times fast pass, single, single and someone else gave us fast passes, ride had no sound so they let us go back to back), mission space fast pass, then star ship earth
    AK, 4 hours... lunch, EE:thumbsup:thuOne day me and my oldest DD 7, split from Mom and other DD5....It was DD7' s Birthday

Started at Epcot with EMH 3 hours
    rode Soaring, test track 5 times(fast pass, single, single and someone else gave us fast passes, ride had no sound so they let us go back to back), mission space fast pass, then star ship earth
    AK, 4 hours lunch, EE with fast pass wife and other DD got for us, EE as singles, Nemo show, EE with our FP, Safari
    MGM,3.5 hours RNRC singles, TT, RNRC singles (5 Minute wait), TT fast pass, RNRC singles (10 Minute wait), RNRC singles (no Wait) on this one since we were singles, my DD rode with a Lady in her 40's that was only riding because the rest of her family was, my DD held her hand and said it would be OK, she would take care of her.....everybody heard her and all got a great chuckle, when they got off the lady noticed Brooke had a Birthday Sasce from BBB and she said since Brooke took such good care of her that she wanted to give Brooke something, of course I said that was not necessary, she pulled out a gift card and gave it to Brooke, she said there was only like $21,00 dollars on it, she insisted she take it, I gave her a business card and told he to send me an email so I could get an address to send her a thank you note

last to the magic Kingdom night EMH(open till 2 am) got there about 8, we strolled Main Street looking for a Birthday Gift....she picked out a Princess Beach Towel, sweatshirt and some charms for her bracelet, we then went and got our EMH wristbands and off to Space mountain that we rode 3 times in a row, then to splash mountain and big thunder, splash and big thunder, big thunder and ended our night at POC

one heck of a day, raining all day with a light rain but nothing was going to damper our day together

side note: The lady that gave Brooke the gift card was wrong, the card had $100 on it, I only spent $20 from it, since that is what she told me was on the card....
    The next day my cell phone rang, it was Denah, the lady that gave us the card, she said after seeing my card she noticed we were both from the Dallas Area and she had used my company before and asked if we would join them for lunch which we said of course, we chatted a little while longer and I told her about her mistake with the gift card, she informed me that it was not a mistake she knew but also knew I would not accept it with that much money, at lunch I tried to give it back to her but she refused....

we are now close family friends and have done many things with them over the last year, they live about 10 minutes from us and next year the girls will be in the same class together
    Brooke used the rest of the money on the card and bought something that I assumed was for her Mom, got home and I forgot about it, well Christmas last year Brooke said we need to go see Aunt Denah, she gave her the present, it was a tinker belle purse (tink is Brookes nickname) and it had Brookes old wallet in it (she bought a new one with the gift card), in the wallet was Brookes school picture, on the back it said thanks and look inside, the wallet had 2 10 Disney dollar bills (we give our dd's Disney money for chores, holidays and grades) and a letter asking if they would join us on our family trip in 2009.....and they are....amazing what life has in store sometimes

A great day with my daughter provided memories I will never forget, new friends and the validation at least to me we are raising a great kid
    mbsup: with fast pass wife and other DD got for us, EE as singles, Nemo show, EE with our FP, Safari
    MGM,3.5 hours RNRC singles:thumbsup:, TT:thumbsup::thumbsup:, RNRC singles (5 Minute wait), TT fast pass, RNRC singles (10 Minute wait), RNRC singles (no Wait) on this one since we were singles, my DD rode with a Lady in her 40's that was only riding because the rest of her family was, my DD held her hand and said it would be OK, she would take care of her.....everybody heard her and all got a great chuckle, when they got off the lady noticed Brooke had a Birthday Sash from BBB and she said since Brooke took such good care of her that she wanted to give Brooke something:blush:, of course I said that was not necessary, she pulled out a gift card and gave it to Brooke, she said there was only like $21,00 dollars on it, she insisted she take it:blush::blush:, I gave her my business card and told her to send me an email so Brooke could get an address to send her a thank you note

last to the magic Kingdom night EMH(open till 2 am) got there about 8, we strolled Main Street looking for a Birthday Gift....she picked out a Princess Beach Towel, sweatshirt and some charms for her bracelet, we then went and got our EMH wristbands and off to Space mountain:thumbsup: that we rode 3 times in a row, then to splash mountain and big thunder, splash and big thunder, big thunder and ended our night at POC

one heck of a day, raining all day with a light rain but nothing was going to damper our day together

side note: The lady that gave Brooke the gift card was wrong, the card had $100 on it, I only spent $20 from it, since that is what she told me was on the card....
    The next day my cell phone rang, it was Denah, the lady that gave us the card, she said after seeing my card she noticed we were both from the Dallas Area and she had used my company before and asked if we would join them for lunch which we said of course, we chatted a little while longer and I told her about her mistake with the gift card, she informed me that it was not a mistake she knew but also knew I would not accept it with that much money, at lunch I tried to give it back to her but she refused....

we are now close family friends and have done many things with them over the last year, they live about 10 minutes from us and next year the girls will be in the same class together
    Brooke used the rest of the money on the card and bought something that I assumed was for her Mom, got home and I forgot about it, well Christmas last year Brooke said we need to go see Aunt Denah, she gave her the present, it was a tinker belle purse (tink is Brookes nickname) and it had Brookes old wallet in it (she bought a new one with the gift card), in the wallet was Brookes school picture, on the back it said thanks and look inside, the wallet had 2 10 Disney dollar bills (we give our dd's Disney money for chores, holidays and grades) and a letter asking if they would join us on our family trip in 2009.....and they are....amazing what life has in store sometimes

A great day with my daughter provided memories I will never forget, new friends and the validation at least to me we are raising a great kid:cloud9:

Post Thanks / Like

I'm also glad to here that others have done this as well or at least attempted it!

One day my mom and I decided to try it but it was already like one o'clock in the afternoon. We were already at DHS and had been there for awhile so we took the boat to Epcot (took a long time) and road to Test Track then took a bus to one of the hotels but that hotel had no bus that day to AK for some reason so we took another bus to AK Lodge and then a bus from there took us to AK but by that time they were closing so we just walked through the gate to say that we had been there that day. We then took a bus to MK I believe and we were so tired by the time we got there we just took a bus to Blizzard Beach and then took another bus and went back to our hotel.

However, this September my DBF and I are planning on doing 4 parks in 1 day. We'll see how it goes!
    Carribean Beach '95
    Wilderness Lodge '96 '97 '98
    All Star Music '00 '01 '04
    Off-site '03
    All Star Movie '05 '06
    All Star Music 07'
    Pop Century with DBF Sep 08'
    Pop Century with family March 09'

Next trip: Disney and Universal Studios April 2015!

PINK!

Post Thanks / Like

DD and I easily went to all 4 parks in March, but we didn't actually ride anything in AK (we were looking for a t-shirt). It's a very do-able thing though with a little planning.

Everybody's got a laughing place - trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure if we've managed to hit all 4 before, but I know we've hit 3 of them in one day. But, we usually do this our last day, and just hit our favorites at each park before running to the next. Its pretty easy to go from MK to Epcot to MGM and then back to the resort to catch the magical express back to the airport. It makes the last day so much fun!
    September 2004: CBR...dodging Hurricanes successfully!
    September 2005: CBR again and again dodging Hurricanes with success!
    September 2006: AKL, our honeymoon, just awesome!
    September 2007: POR, anniversary celebration! was awesome:)
    December 2012: First trip with the 4 year old, yay:)

Post Thanks / Like

My Family and I do this alot actually.

Good Question.

except mostly its only three parks, unless we had been to AK to start the day off. We usually do this when we stay at a monorail resort because its easy access and from epcot you can just take the boat to MGM... so like Take the monorail from say Poly.. to MK then from MK take the monorail to Epcot.. then take the boat =] its my very favorite thing to do. I feel like im on an adventure or something.

Lindsay
    Trip count 55 =]

Dead men tell no tales

"Now some person I don't even know reminds me there's no eating, drinking, smoking, or flash photography allowed in my dream." - Ellen, Universe of Energy

"Please stand clear of the doors...Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas..."

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Yes! And Probably.
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

It is our tradition for everyone to pick one favorite ride/show to do on the last day. It usually takes us to all 4 parks and sometimes even DTD. It is a lot of running around, but that's what makes a last day special for us.
    Diane

Past trips to WDW:
    12/12 CBR with free dining
    5/10 CBR with free dining
    4/09 CBR couples only trip for 20th anniv.
    9/08 Pop with free dining
    5/07 Pop
    4/05 Pop
    12/04 Pop
    4/04 Pop
    12/02 AS Sports
    4/02 AS Movies
    3/00 Ft. Wilderness Cabins

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: