Quantcast Kids favorite things at World Showcase

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kids favorite things at World Showcase

On our next trip we are planning on spending more time at WS with our DD8. This will be her 4th trip to disney and is generally a thrill ride junkie. Our "theme" for this trip is things we haven't done before. We have walked through WS with her before and we have been to Norway's princess breakfst and have done the ride there. That's about it. I have gotten suggestions to do the passports with her, which I am planning on doing. Does any-one have any other suggestions for me? Any countries that your kids have particularly enjoyed. We are planning on spending at least a whole afternoon/evening there ending with illuminations.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

There are some really awesome things to see

acrobats in China

by the Japan Tin Toy room the girls will write your name in kanji though this can be hit or miss but usually a hit!

Japan also has a totally neat store - especially if you have an anime lover on your hands. But other than that you can pick your own pearl, peruse kimonos, buy some pretty (but not expensive chopsticks) and pick up some really cool Japanese candy/treats

the Jammitors appearing closer to Innoventions

Off Kilter in Canada

Watch someone or get one yourself get a beautiful Moroccan/Indian Henna tattoo across from Morocco and dont forget to see the belly dancer!

the World Showcase Players - a comedy troupe to be found by England. Hilarious and interactive! Our #1 entertainment to see every trip

Dont forget to do the Kidcots in all the countries too! The kids think its fun and without them even knowing they learn a little something about each country. THen you have a cool mask (decorated little by little in each country) to bring home
    '94-DVC OKW * '94-'96 OKW * '97 OKW, BWV * '98 OKW, DI * '99 OKW, FW * '00 OKW, VB * '01 OKW,Y&BC,BWV * '02 SSR * '03-'05 OKW*2006 BWV,AKL*'07 OKW * '08 AKV, SSR * '10 BLT * '11 BLT Next: 03/13 WL

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely the Chinese acrobats. We watched them several times. Wonderful.
    My kids also enjoy shopping, even if they're not buying. Just looking at the different things from each country. Of course, the toy shop in Germany was the biggest hit and definitely involved some purchases-- and the start of a collection.
    Off Kilter is also fun, but pretty loud. We didn't last long.
    Kids also loved bumping into characters in their "native countries". Mulan in China, Belle in France, Mary Poppins in England, etc.

We actually spent a good chunk of 3 days at Epcot this last trip. Oldest DD had just turned 9 and she loved it, WS most of all. Let your DD pick out a couple of meals, even if just CS. Mine also liked getting little snacks to share from each country.
    ~~Julie~~

Post Thanks / Like

When I went as an eight year old, WS ended up being my favorite thing. I still have my pinata from Mexico! I think you are choosing a perfect age!
    Mickey Mom of 2
    Coming Up: All-Star Sports 11/08
    Coming Up: CSR 3/09
    All-Star Sports 9/07
    Disneyland 10/06
    WDW Dolphin 7/04
    Off - Site 3/98
    Off - Site 6/93
    Off - Site 4/91
    Off - Site 3/83

Post Thanks / Like

My daughter was only 4 and 5 on our last two trips, but she loved World Showcase! the posts above have given you some great suggestions to take advantage of--passports, KidCot stations, pick a pearl (you can get a pearl in a nice setting for about $40)...DD likes to watch the show in France...I forget what it's called, but it involves a "waiter" and chairs I, personally, didn't care too much for the American Adventure (I think that's what it's called), but the Voices of Liberty acapella show beforehand is great!
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by illini View Post
    We actually spent a good chunk of 3 days at Epcot this last trip. Oldest DD had just turned 9 and she loved it, WS most of all. Let your DD pick out a couple of meals, even if just CS. Mine also liked getting little snacks to share from each country.
    Any suggestions for good CS? I think we have most of our ADR's set, but will be looking for a CS or two for our times in WS.

Thanks everone for all of your input. Your advice as always is invaluable.

Post Thanks / Like

My boys like Malestrom water ride in Norway.

As for CS, they love to eat in China... the orange chicken and rice and don't forget the fortune cookies. It's always a competition to see who got the best fortune.

We also never miss a trip to France for yummy pastries. Last year we were able to get 2 pastries and a drink for 1 quickservice credit on the dining plan.
    Multiple wonderful trips; Next June 2012
    "All it takes is faith and trust...and just a little bit of pixie dust."

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Mexico

Take some great pictures in Mexico all dressed in the hats, blankets and pinatas in the market. She could take the pics to school for extra credit. Have fun on whatever you decide to do!!
    ¸,ø¤º°`¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,Karen°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¸,ø¤º°`°º¸,ø¤º °`°º¤ø,¸¸,DVC MEMBER
    ¤ø,¸¸,ø¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø"If you believe in Magic, you belong..."¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¸,ø¤º°`° º¤ø,¸¸,ø¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø

Post Thanks / Like

The Mexico ride (cant remember the name)...Kidcot was fun and they want to go to every country next trip...Expressions de France was nice and my kids actually liked it...
    Amy
    80 Camping ºoº
    89 Offsite ºoº
    05 ASM ºoº
    06-07-08-09-10-10-11-12-13-14-15 POR ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

DD6 favourites: Kidcot stations; The Three Caballeros in Mexico; Mexico, Japan and Morocco shops; Norway Akershus Royal Banquet Hall dining with Princesses; Japan Teppan Edo dining

Post Thanks / Like

When doing the passport with my grandson our last trip, I made sure to take a picture of the person signing the passport [with grandson in picture]. We also made a pressed penny with each country. After our trip, I made a "special" scrapbook for him with his trip around the world. Using the internet, I found information about each country....population,type of money, location compared to the USA, etc. I placed the picture for each country, the pressed penny, the picture of him with the cast member, and I have gotten some foreign currency also. I used this as a geography lesson as well as a way to remember the vacation.

Post Thanks / Like

These are all great suggestions... we plan on spending a lot more time in the countries with the kids this time too. We always walk around but never really check them out. I plan on buying the passports this year.

My kids loved the acrobats in China, they love Norway and the Maelstrom, they love Mexico and the ride, they also like the circle vision movie in Canada.

I know you will have tons of fun in WS.

~Cheryl~

2x's as a child, 2003 - Music, 2005 - Pop, 2007 - Music (Sept.), 2007- Movies (SSW), 2008-Movies, 2008 - Movies (Nov), 2009 - Movies (June)

2010- March - not booked but going for youngests 7th birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elmjimmlm View Post
    The Mexico ride (cant remember the name)...Kidcot was fun and they want to go to every country next trip...Expressions de France was nice and my kids actually liked it...
    The ride in Mexico is now called "Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros". While DW and I liked it ok, DD (then 6) thought it was fantastic. It quickly became one of her favorites and we had to ride three times while we were there.

It was really nice sitting down in an air-conditioned spot for awhile during September, but it would have been better if we could have brought our on board.
    I'm no fool, no siree, I'm going to live to be 103. I play safe for you and me, cause I'm no fool."

POP - 09/07
    POP - 09/08
    SSR - 09/09

Next Trip
    Breaking the pattern this year and doing AllStar Movies Dec 11-18, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

the passports are a great thing for the kids because they will learn a little bit about each country. Maybe what would be is to taste your way around the world. Try something from each country. Pick wone thing and try then move on to the next. There is so much to do that each time you make a round try something else to do. Do not forget the Kidcot. Chinese acrobats are a great little outside sidewalk show. Look for hidden Mickeys at each of the countries. One year for my sons souviners he got each of the Mickeys represented at each of the countries. Here is just a few things that are available to do around the WS but there is still so much more that others will come up with things to. Have fun and explore all of the countries you will have a great time.

Post Thanks / Like

My kids really enjoy the Japanese drummers (DS is an aspiring drummer himself), the performers in Italy, the Mexico pavilion, and both rides. Oh - and they love eating in Japan for the tableside cooking.

Post Thanks / Like

My DS loves to participate in the "Sons & Daughters of Liberty" skit which occurs outside of the American Adventure with the drum & fife corp - it makes him feel very patriotic!

He also loves to use his own digital camera to take pictures of the countries - we broke down & bought him his own inexpensive Kodak & it was a great investment!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRollerMom View Post
    Any suggestions for good CS? I think we have most of our ADR's set, but will be looking for a CS or two for our times in WS.
    Tangierine Cafe is really good, if your daughter likes hummous and such.
    "Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas"
    "Go out there and kick some alien butt!"
    "That looks like water, but really it isn't."

DVC Member at Boardwalk
    84, 90, 92, 96, 94, 97 - off site
    98 DL Paris
    Many since then at BWV, OKW, and WLV.

Post Thanks / Like

When we went two years ago with DD who was 5 at the time, we had her ask and learn how to say thank you at each kidcot (passport station). We all learned something that day and it kept her very interested in all the different countries.

We are still discussing what to do this time (the end of this month, not that I'm counting)!
    Counting down the days to our next visit - May 31 - June 7!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mary M View Post
    Tangierine Cafe is really good, if your daughter likes hummous and such.
    Here's another vote for the Tangierine Cafe! Or, if your kids like Fish 'n Chips, you can't beat the Fish 'n Chips in the UK. Other than that though, I would not waste your time or money for CS in Epcot. It really has a strong TS offering, however!!
    John (aka HndrdPrcnt)

DL CM 1987 - 1994
    CM WDW Trips 87,89,90,92
    CBR 1994
    Beach Club 1998
    All Stars 2000
    POP Sept 25-Oct 2 2006

Post Thanks / Like

My DD is a music lover (at the age of 2), and she really loved Liberty Voices.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: