Quantcast Animal Kingdom help?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Animal Kingdom help?

A two years ago we were at AK right after opening and went to Conservation Station. When we arrived they told us we had just missed a medical procedure we could have watched. It was just a basic check-up for a monkey or something but it would have been cool too see. My oldest DD wants to be a vet and was excited. Does anyone know how to check a schedule for these things while on property without riding the train up to CS. My DD would love to see something like this even if it is something simple? Thanks for your help!
    POFQ Jan 2011
    Saratoga Springs May 2010
    POFQ May 2009 and Sept 2009
    POFQ Aug 2008
    POFQ Sept. and March 2007
    POFQ March 2006
    POFQ March 2005 POR July 2005
    POR Dec 2005
    CS August 2004
    Contemporary & POR May/June 2003
    CB May 2002
    OKW 2001
    Disney villas 2000

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I love to know this also.
    * stayed at more then once
    Yacht Club, POR, POFQ,CSR,All Star Sports*,
    CBR,Pop Century*,CR,WL,FortWilderness* Animal Kingdom lodge,All Star Music*.

Post Thanks / Like

I think for the most part they do alot of the stuff first thing in the morning (like most jobs) and then its just whatever pops up. But really its a hit or miss thing I think. One time I went about 2 in the afternoon and they told me they had examined a tiger that morning! I wouldve loved to have seen it if I only knew. One day there may not be any animal procedures, the next day 1, the next day 20. Maybe the CMs at the front gate with the smaller creatures would have an idea or it may be possible to call ahead the day before and find out what the schedule for that day is re procedures. I love going out there and seeing all the neat stuff too! I would call WDW guest relations and see what you could find out.
    '94-DVC OKW * '94-'96 OKW * '97 OKW, BWV * '98 OKW, DI * '99 OKW, FW * '00 OKW, VB * '01 OKW,Y&BC,BWV * '02 SSR * '03-'05 OKW*2006 BWV,AKL*'07 OKW * '08 AKV, SSR * '10 BLT * '11 BLT Next: 03/13 WL

Post Thanks / Like

Almost all procedures and physicals are done before noon. Most are not announced in advance. Exceptions would be for the larger animals, such as the tigers. In that case the CM managers in Asia would know about it. Likewise, the Africa managers would know if cheetahs, lions or other large animals were going to be off show due to medical procedures.

As a guest, the best way for you to find out is to ask a Guest Relations CM to check with the Conservation Station staff for you as you enter the park.
    Ron
    INTERCOT Staff
    WDW Cast Member
    Expedition: Everest
    Kali River Rapids

Post Thanks / Like

When we were there last September they were doing a partial amputation of a large bird (hawk? eagle? can't remember)'s talon. I was pretty impressed by it, but DD5 was kind of grossed out.

Anyway, we are NOT early birds (forgive the pun), so this had to be, late morning/early afternoon?

We just stumbled upon it, I don't remember anyone mentioning that they were doing it.
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

I am sorry that you are obliged to go to the conservation station. I found it to be such a boring waste of time, but for a budding veterinarian I can see the appeal! Hope you get lucky!
    2017 WDW All Star Music/Universal RP
    2016 :(
    2015 Universal-Royal Pacific
    2014 :(
    2013 Fall: Wilderness Lodge
    2011-12 :(
    2010 French Quarter
    2009 Pop & AKL
    2008 Polynesian
    2007 ASM & BCR
    2006 AKL

Share This Thread On Social Media: