Quantcast Jon & Kate Plus 8

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast
    Martinsville, IN 15 hrs. 22 min, 970 mi. from WDW
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Did anyone see Jon & Kate Plus 8 at WDW

Last night on Jon & Kate Plus 8 they were at WDW. I think it's been my favorite show so far! I admire them for taking on WDW with 6- 3 yr. olds and 2- 7 yr. olds. Looks like Disney treated them well too!
    December 2012 - Pop - All Girl I Wanna Go What's One More Trip
    October 2009 - POR - Grand Gathering
    Dec. 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside
    August 2006 - Pop Century
    October 2005 - Pop Century

Nov. - Dec. 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2002 - Ft. Wilderness Campground - Family Reunion Trip

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I watched it last night! I can't imagine taking 8 kids anywhere let alone to Disney World! I really like the show, i saw their countdown to disney calender a few episodes back, so i was really hoping that they would do a disney episode.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I sav the show and I admire them for taking them on a 19 hour drive. My 3 yr old dd loves this show, its all she wants to watch. She calls it Jon and Kate plus late??????????
    Hoping for a 2008 trip, but probably won't happen

Dec 2007 Pop Century
    Dec 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2005 All Star Music
    Dec 2003 All Star Movies
    Jan 2002 All Star Music
    Feb 2000 All Star Sports
    May 1997 Port New Orleans
    May 1996 Disney Villas
    May 1987 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Yep - watched it too. Made my husband watch some of it since we are also planning an 18 hour drive to WDW this summer. I said if they can do it with 8 kids, we can do it with 3!!

I really liked that fact that they showed the kids interacting with the characters. My biggest fear is that my 3 year old twins will be terrified of Mickey and Minnie.
    '00 - Boardwalk Villas
    '04 - Grand Floridian
    '08 - Polynesian
    '10 - Grand Floridian!!!

GO WHITE SOX!

Salisbury, Md 14 hours, 21 minutes or 903.36 miles From Disney
    Post Thanks / Like

I watched it as well and i was laughing and crying thru the whole thing. it reminds me of our annual trip to florida . we drive 18 hours every year to go visit my mom in port st lucie and they did awesome with 8 kids. i had to laugh at kate though when she would not let the kids on the floor in the hotel with out shoes and when the one daughter spilled ice cream and she told jon that she is ruined lol. I so love this show. it reminds me alot of my household and me and my b/f even though we only have 2 here at home.
    ºoº Josette ºoº
    ~*~Next up~*~
    November 2015
    Surprise trip(Pop Century)

Just because I cannot see it, doesn't mean I can't believe it! -Jack Skellington

Post Thanks / Like

Shoot, I missed it! I love this show. I sit and watch in amazement at how they keep it all together!! Kate is one organized girl. But with that many kids I guess you have to be.
    I will be watching for re-runs.
    Dec 2010 AKL
    May 2009 POFQ
    Oct 2008 Pop
    X-Mas 2007-POFQ
    May 2006 Pop
    June 2005 ASMu
    May 2002-Off Site
    Dec. 1999-Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

i love this show..but i never manage to catch it when it airs..im always watching repeats..
    and i remember them talking about WDW and there countdown..and was wondering about a disney episode also..im so glad to know that there is one..hopefully i can catch on repeat this weekend or something!!
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

I was waiting for this one to come on.I end up watching the repeats every time.Does anybody know when the repeat comes on?I know they are on TLC all the time.DId they stayt on-site or off?I want to watch this episode.
    Me and Goofy r Goofie for each other !!!!!
    first visit 1978,1981,84,88,96,97,99,2000,02(honeymoon),04,09, looking 4 the next trip in 13! o the pain of the wait!!

Martinsville, IN 15 hrs. 22 min, 970 mi. from WDW
    Post Thanks / Like

They stayed at WL. They had 3 girls (friends of the family) meet them there to help out. When they got to their room on the table were Mickey ears for all (yes they had their names on them) and a note from Mickey himself!
    December 2012 - Pop - All Girl I Wanna Go What's One More Trip
    October 2009 - POR - Grand Gathering
    Dec. 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside
    August 2006 - Pop Century
    October 2005 - Pop Century

Nov. - Dec. 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2002 - Ft. Wilderness Campground - Family Reunion Trip

Post Thanks / Like

I watched it. I had seen the countdown in an episode awhile back so I've been waiting anxiously for this episode. I was a little disappointed with the fact that over 1/2 the episode was about planning the trip/getting there. I also wanted more footage at the parks and they only showed them at Magic Kingdom. I'm just amazed how they managed to pull it off with 8 kids 7 and under.
    laughter is timeless. imagination has no age. and dreams are forever.

Past Disney World Trips:
    2/97, 4/98, & 4/00 offsite
    7/06 Honeymoon @ CSR, 9/07 @ Pop with MNSSHP, 2/09 @ POR, 12/09 @ CBR with MVMCP, 1/11 @ CSR
    Next Trip:
    12/15 @ Pop! First trip with 2 little princesses!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not seeing it again on the TLC website. I'll do some more digging though.

Hey folks, so many of you mention that you knew this episode was coming up. Would you mind letting me know if you are aware of upcoming "Disney" tv so I can include these shows in the weekly thread? Thank you so much!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MicMouse View Post
    I really liked that fact that they showed the kids interacting with the characters. My biggest fear is that my 3 year old twins will be terrified of Mickey and Minnie.
    I am not familiar with this show. What is it about, what station is it on, etc.

Also, as for kids being scared of the characters I have a few tips on that. My wife owns a costume store and rents large mascot type costumes as well as Halloween type of costumes. We have learned from watching children and talking to parents that how the parents handle the situation has a lot to do with how the kids handle it. Granted, even if you do everything right your kids may still freak out but not normally.

Here are our tips;
    1. Don't make a huge deal out of meeting the characters before you go or while you are there. The tremendous anticipation that builds up in a child when the parent builds up the meeting often translates into fear when the child actually comes face to face with the character.

2. Do try to expose your children to as many costumed characters as you can before you go. This is a great time of year because you have a great chance to do this with Santa Claus.

3. When you actually meet the character don't rush up and make a huge fuss over the character. Instead, stay with your child and talk in as normal a tone of voice as possible.

4. Most characters who are capable of doing so will go down on one knee to greet very small children, you should do the same thing so that you, the character, and your child are all on about the same level.

5. If your child is reluctant but not throwing a fit speak to them in a normal tone of voice and ask them to touch the characters hand with you. Then when the child is touching the character slowly remove your own hand.

6. If your child does freak don't continue to waste your time or the character's time trying to force the child on the character. Also don't berate the child or make them feel bad for freaking out.

Good Luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    I am not familiar with this show. What is it about, what station is it on, etc.
    It's on TLC. It follows a family with two sets of multiples - 6 year old twins and 3 year old sextuplets. It's very entertaining!

Post Thanks / Like

If you havent seen it yet it will be on the Discovery channel next tues nite at 10pm.
    Me and Goofy r Goofie for each other !!!!!
    first visit 1978,1981,84,88,96,97,99,2000,02(honeymoon),04,09, looking 4 the next trip in 13! o the pain of the wait!!

Post Thanks / Like

I just can't figure out how Kate stays so centered and patient! I love this show.

Mickey Ears off to John & Kate!!!
    ~~~~~~Stephanie~~~~~~

December 3-7, 2010 Poly LVC
    April 13-18, 2009 Poly LVC
    Feb 8-11, 2008 Poly LVC
    March 07 - Poly LVC
    December 06 - Poly LVC
    October 05 - CR
    June 04 - Grosvenors
    March 02 - Off Site
    November 00 - CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Totally addicted to this show, so it was very fun to see them at WDW. Those kids are so cute and so well behaved. I think Jon and Kate are two very amazing, funny and patient people.
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

They usually air Jon and Kate plus 8 marathons Sundays on TLC.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw the previews for this (even though I don't watch it) and wondered if anyone on Intercot saw them in the parks while they were there.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

I always turn on TLC if I can't find anything else to watch but Jon and Kate Plus 8 is my favorite show on the channel. However, I watched it late one night and only stayed awake up to the part where they all got their mickey ears. I'm also amazed at how they manage 8 children- it baffles me!
    Carribean Beach '95
    Wilderness Lodge '96 '97 '98
    All Star Music '00 '01 '04
    Off-site '03
    All Star Movie '05 '06
    All Star Music 07'
    Pop Century with DBF Sep 08'
    Pop Century with family March 09'

Next trip: Disney and Universal Studios April 2015!

PINK!

Post Thanks / Like

I just finished watching this show. I love Jon and Kate, I don't know how they do it!! The thought of taking 8 kids to WDW scares me, but they pulled it off well!! I'm glad they got to do it! I laughed when Jon was making fun of Kate for overreacting at the ice cream incident!

I checked tivo and upcoming shows are:

Tues 12/18 at 10pm on Discovery Health
    Wed 12/19 at 1am on Discovery Health
    Sat 12/22 at 12pm on Discovery Health
    Sat 12/22 at 8pm on Discovery Health
    Sat 12/22 at 11pm on Discovery Health
    ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº
    Amber

62 Miles from the Magic!!!!

Stayed at: All Stars Sports, Music and Movies; Dixie Landings; Port Orleans; Pop Century; Yacht Club

Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: