Quantcast School Fundraisers

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink School Fundraisers

Do any of you have any good ideas or proven fundraisers that work. My daughter's school is looking for fundraising ideas. I have suggested Market Day, Spirit Gear sale(sweatshirts and sweatsuits). Any ideas...please help. Thanks.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I do most of the fundraising organization at my kids school and did it for 5 years for my son's cub scout pack.
    We are a very small Lutheran school so I'm not sure if all ideas will work for you. Some of the things we do or have done in the past is: Market Day, Spirit Wear, ink cartridge recycling, Campbels Soup Labels and Box Tops (these 2 are very successful for us). We also have done Dutch Mill Flower Bulbs (great company and 50% profit) Graceful Greetings, Frankenmuth Fundraising (I'm in MIchigan). A new thing I have seen recently is School Cards, you get local companies to offer discounts year round and tehn you sell the cards (they look like credit cards) you get a % of the profit and the customer gets deals all year round. We just wrapped up our Auction which is our largest fundraiser and made over $11,000.00 which is huge for us.
    Feel free to PM me if you want more ideas or links. I love fundraising.
    Lisa

Planning 1 day trip to Disneyland June 2011. Our first time ever!

Post Thanks / Like

We do a highly successful reverse raffle at our school yearly. We sell 125 tickets at $100 each that includes dinner for two from a nice italian restaurant in town. They also sell 125 $75 tickets.(the reason the do the 125 is our gym will only seat 250 comfortably.. we do rent nice tables and linens for the event, cash bar) The night, they put all 250 tickets in the pot.... the first one picked wins $500... then each 25th ticket gets $100... when it gets down to the last 5... they can all chose to split $5000... or if evenone says keep going, they keep drawing..... then after each draw, they reask. It is really a fun evening and I think we made $16,000 on it. Minimal upfront costs and the ticket sell quickly. The first year, it may have been harder to get tickets sold.. but everyone such a great time... now people rush toget them.
    MK 1980 FOUR hours(July & 105) * Nov 04 POLY.. with my 2 princesses *Nov 05 Contemporary *Nov 06 split stay Cont/POFQ , making memories with my 21 yr old neice who has cancer. Sweet Lindsey passed March 2007 :(
    Nov 07 WL *Nov 08 VWL *Nov 09 Bay Lake Tower WDW/DC/SW/DCL*April 2011 B2B Disney Dream

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know your daughter's age, but my mom has been working on a bunch of fundraising for my sister's Project Graduation party. Some of the things they have done:

- Dinner with silent auction of donated items (gift baskets, gift certificates, pro sports game tickets) -- a pretty big fundraiser
    - "Dedicated" nights at restaurants -- the restaurants donate 10-20% of sales from everyone who dines on a specific night and mentions the school. They also have done this with batting cages, putt-putt places, etc.
    - 50/50 raffles at football and basketball games -- 50% of ticket money goes to raffle winner, 50% goes to fundraiser
    - Smoked sausage wrap and baked good sale outside Wal-Mart (sausage wraps are popular where they live)
    - Seniors make breakfast tacos in the home ec room before school and sell to other students for breakfast
    - A local Italian restaurant agreed to donate food and servers for a spaghetti dinner, during which the seniors are providing entertainment
    ºOº April ºOº

Next trips: GF Sept. '14, WL Jan. - Feb. '15!
    Previous stays: WL, AKL, Polynesian, POFQ, Newport Bay Club (DLP), DL Hotel, GF, DxL

Post Thanks / Like

Be sure to check your state's bingo/raffle laws if you want to do a raffle (especially if you have a high-value prize).

One of our local elementary schools sponsors a 5K race each year (starts and ends at the school). I get the impression they make something like $25,000 from this event.
    12/99-All-Star Sports * 5/01-POR * 4/02-AKL * 5/03-DL * 5/04-POFQ * 2/05-POR * 5/05-offsite * 10/05-WL * 12/05-DL * 2/06-offsite * 12/06-POP * 4/07-Coronado Springs * 10/07-WL * 4/08-POFQ * 5/10-POFQ * 7/12-DL * 2/14-DL * 6/15-YC

Next Trip ???

Post Thanks / Like

Hi-Our 7 yr old dd goes to a private school. Our main fundraiser is www.glscrip.com. You buy gift cards in advance of a purchase and a percentage comes back to you. Even Disney has gift cards through there and they can even be used at Disney World and that is how I slowly save for our trips. I try to buy a couple cards a month in different denominations and then I don't feel such a dent in my wallet on vacation and it helps my daughters tuition also. Also, we make and sell subs and right now we are selling Hot Stuff pizzas. Also all the mothers take turns in a rotation and bake different kinds of cookies. A local business then sells them for us. We use the kitchen in a church here to bake and mix them so it really works well.

Post Thanks / Like

I work at the local Chuck E.Cheese here in WIlmington DE as the birthday Coordinator and we have school fundraisers all the time there during the school year.THe school gets a certain percentage and the kids get a sticker at school that they bring that night and get 10 free tokens.All the Chuck E.Cheeses do it.You would have to get more info on the web page.Its a different way to build up money for the school.
    Me and Goofy r Goofie for each other !!!!!
    first visit 1978,1981,84,88,96,97,99,2000,02(honeymoon),04,09, looking 4 the next trip in 13! o the pain of the wait!!

Post Thanks / Like

Most of the home-based businesses offer fundraising packages and 40-50% profits. Plus most people recognize the brand and then buy more. Avon and Tupperware are two that come to mind that always do well. One preschool in my town does an annual Avon fundraiser and they net $5000+!

My son's school partners with a local nursery and sells wreaths/pointsettias at Christmas and lillies/azaleas for Easter. Ends up being very profitable for the school.

See's Candies also has some great fundraisers, both holiday driven and non-holiday.

Another really popular thing up here is to do a giant rummage sale. Everyone donates their rummage sale items to the organization who then holds a giant rummage sale.
    "Oh that clock, even HE orders me around!"
    -Cinderella
    ~~~~~~
    Next trip: DLR February 2015
    Last trip: January 2014.
    7 trips to the World.
    1 trip to Disneyland Paris.
    25 trips to Disneyland.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm really not a fan of fund raisers. I really and truly favor...the sell or "donate" system. Where if you don't want to sell parents can donate a $$ amount towards the "goal".

The fund raisers I don't mind so much are baskets that are collected as a class and then sold through a silent auction (we did ours during a school carnival). They've also had yard sales at the school you can charge "vendors" so much per table. Many garage sale enthusiasts love this because it's a lot of free advertisment and "traffic".
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I am the fundraising committee chair for our daughters travel softball team. We also do scrip sales through glscrip and make about $100 a month for our little group with about half the families actively participating (about 6 families). It is an on-going fundraiser that doesn't cost the participants a dime of $$ they weren't already going to spend on groceries, gas, etc.

We also do the occasional car wash and try to get the Auto Zone or Pep Boys to donate the supplies, garage sales, bake sales, auction goodie baskets, 50/50's, etc. We have done the dedicated restaurant night with Applebees (15%) and Rubios (20%). There is always the dreaded cookie dough/wrapping paper/pretzel dough/candy/popcorn sales as well.

If you are near a large sporting venue (ball park, Nascar race track, etc) you can sometimes 'volunteer' a group to work selling concessions or beer, etc, and they will either donate a flat rate per person or a percentage of the sales your booth does for the event. (As an example, the vendor at California Speedway donates I believe 8% of your sales and the Anaheim Stadium vendor (Aramark) donates $70 per volunteer/per event).

We are fortunate enought to be close to LA and just recently found a very neat fund raising opportunity. It seems that some companies that provide audiences for tv show tapings will donate money 'per person' for a group that sends people to watch the taping. Just Friday night we had a group of 29 parents/family/friends that went and watched a taping of "The Moment of Truth" and they paid us $25 per person to sit and watch and clap when they said to clap. We had a lot of fun and earned $725 just like that. So cool and so easy! We definately want to do more of these and less car washes.
    Disneyland - Only 70 Miles from the Original
    Too many times to count, but at least once a year since 1970 (AP 1995 and 2004)
    2007~We're AP holders again!

WDW

May 1990
    Surprise the kids Trip - June 2005 Grovesner
    Last Trip - May 8-16, 2007 Surprised the kids AGAIN!!

Post Thanks / Like

The very easiest way to make a lot of money fast is to have a 50/50 draw. Get people to buy a ticket. 1 for $3. 2 for $4. 3 for $5, or however you want to work it out. You end up with a big wad of cash and you do a draw. You split the money with the winner. Works EVERY time, trust me. Very little effort goes into it and everyone is really happy
    Keep Moving Forward

First Trip: March '07
    Second Trip: May '08
    Third Trip: Hopefully Soon!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm currently the PA president at my son's school and fund raising is always hard. Though I know I'm tired of it, our biggest fund raiser is still the Fall catalog sale. We've been trying to implement a scrip program, though it's been slow to catch on. We end up doing too many "little" fundraisers as we can't seem to make enough at one big one to see us through the year. Our second biggest fund raiser is our basket raffle - each class puts together a themed basket and they are raffled off at our Holiday concernt. We make about $1,000 on that one.

We are doing Spirit Wear this year, which is going terribly. We alternate each year between that and a "Display my Art" fundraiser - that one involves working with the art department, picking a theme and having the art teachers work with the kids on their projects. Projects are then sent to the organization where they are turned into magnets, which are sent home to keep, and you can then order that same art work in various other items such as mugs, tote bags, note cards, etc. It's pricey to buy the stuff, but the parents love seeing their kids artwork and knowing they'll have it for a long time. I have my napkin holder, key chain and note cards from Conor's Kindergarten year (they had to draw pictures of their houses) and my tote bag, etc. from last year's which was a self portrait!!

Oh, and the Scholastic Book Fair is another big one for us - we made around $1,500 this year, not including the vouchers we still have to spend!
    Jen aka conorsmom2000

1977 - Fort Wilderness
    1995, 2005, 2006 - Wilderness Lodge
    2017 - Coronado Springs
    2024 - Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with a lot of the previous posts. The Scholastic Book Fair is great and if you sell over I think $3000 you get 30%. I run the book fair in an urban school and we make a lot on this as there is not a book store in the community. Also, check into Kidstuff Coupon Books and Joe Corbi's (I see you are in PA and so are they). They make incredible pizza and cookie dough which sells itself. We make a lot of money on this.
    Good luck and let me know if you need any info!
    Jen
    S-O-UTH F-L-O-R-IDA! South Florida, South Florida, GO BULLS!!!

August 2008: Port Orleans Riverside
    July 2007: Polynesian
    Feb. 2006: Pop Century
    Before that many day trips and too many to list!!! I've been going since I was 3!

Post Thanks / Like

Our school has a few community ones that really raise a lot
    1) There are a couple of restaurants in town that dedicate one Tuesday night a month to that school . A certain percentage of their sales for the night (10-20 I think) go to the school. Just put out flyers letting everyone know which night to get more people to come out.
    2) Linking your grocery card to schools. I have my Food Lion MVP card and Harris Teeter VIP card linked, and whenever I use it, money is donated to the school you have your card linked to.
    3) The box top and soda can tab programs
    4) Book Fairs as mentioned above
    As far as ideas that are in house, there is
    1) a silent auction held at open house that always does really well. People bring in either baked goods or crafts or offer services and people bid on them. It rose several hundred dollars last year, if not close to a thousand
    2) a fall or spring festival every year with bake sale, inflatables, etc.
    3) the usual raffles, 1.00 a ticket- businesses may donate winning items or you could do a simple cash prize
    [I]Hello. We are the Bradshaws. And We are Disneyholics.

September 2000- Music
    June 2004- Pop
    June 2006- Movies
    February 2008- Offsite (Won't Do That Again!)
    May 2009- First Ever Disney Camping Trip!
    June 2011- Pop
    Feb 2012- Sports
    Dec 2012- Movies
    May 2014- Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scootch713 View Post
    We do a highly successful reverse raffle at our school yearly. We sell 125 tickets at $100 each that includes dinner for two from a nice italian restaurant in town. They also sell 125 $75 tickets.(the reason the do the 125 is our gym will only seat 250 comfortably.. we do rent nice tables and linens for the event, cash bar) The night, they put all 250 tickets in the pot.... the first one picked wins $500... then each 25th ticket gets $100... when it gets down to the last 5... they can all chose to split $5000... or if evenone says keep going, they keep drawing..... then after each draw, they reask. It is really a fun evening and I think we made $16,000 on it. Minimal upfront costs and the ticket sell quickly. The first year, it may have been harder to get tickets sold.. but everyone such a great time... now people rush toget them.
    Our church does this every year. All tickets sell for $100 and includes a plate lunch since it takes a couple of hours.
    When you come in they have donated gifts across the front of the room and they sell $1 raffle tickets for them. In addition they auction off any large items that are donated.

In the back of the room they have sweets donated by the parents for sale from $1 to $25. One of the moms makes big beautiful cakes for what ever holiday it is and sells them for $25... all money goes to the church. She did superbowl teams this year and they sold VERY well. We collected over $1,000 on sweets alone. I have no idea how much was collected through the raffle and $100 tickets.

Some of the fun things that were raffled off are things like the priest cooking dinner for your family. How fun would it be to win a car wash from your principal? Of course they would have to be the fun type that would be willing to do something silly.

All I have to say is PLEASE stop selling cookie dough and food stuff. I am one of those moms that never say no because I know my daughter will be selling stuff soon enough. My upright freezer is so full of cookie dough, pizza and pretzels that I can not fit food in it. And we do not even eat the stuff!!!

Sell me something with a good mix... candles, jewelry, household items or even those gift cards someone suggested and I will be happy.

I am going to suggest the gift card to my DD's school. I am all for that.
    ~Angel~
    Proud DVC owners!
    SSR January 2007
    Bay Lake November 2008

Post Thanks / Like

We used to do a "Cash Calendar" We had a calendar printed with art work from classes (which is nice by itself) but every month there were names drawn for cash prizes. A larger monthly winner and lesser weekly winners. It was real popular and our biggest fund raiser. We sold thousands at $20 a piece and gave away 1/2 the money...
    As mentioned check your state laws on fund raising or gambling.
    Next
    DD, DS @ AKV Dec 12 SSR 12-16

AKV Savannah 8/08
    ASMu my BD 4/08 w/ Angel & MrsSgtT
    SSR 10/07 BWV-12/06
    Pop-05 04 03 1st Nighters
    OKW-97 96 Poly- 89 87 86 CR:72
    Offsite:8xs FW:83 82 82 DL 67,68,71

Post Thanks / Like

We run a very successful Silent Auction/Wine Tasting. We raise about $14000 after all the expenses. It's a lot of fun and some of the highest bid items are:

1. Baskets donated by each grade K-5. Some are filled with lottery tickets, another grade does family games. Each grade decides what they want their basket to be.

2. Principal for a day, Pizza with the mayor, pizza lunch with the superintendent of schools with the child's class.

3. Reserved parking spot in the teacher's parking lot each month for the highest bidder for that month.
    74 Off Site
    98 Contemporary & DCL inaugural cruise
    99 Dixie Landings
    00 Dixie Landings
    01 POR & DCL
    02 AKL & DCL
    03 VB
    04 DL GC
    05 ASSp, VWL, GF
    06 POFQ, CSR, OKW
    07 ASMo & VWL
    08 Pop VWL
    09 BW, POR, VWL, CSR
    10 WL
    12 VWL, AKL Club
    13 VWL, WL Club

Post Thanks / Like

Many schools around here do Citipass or Entertainment books. We get one every year.
    Go Nashville Predators!
    9/09 ASMo
    10/08 ASMu
    9/07 Caribbean Beach
    1/07 Marriott - family trip

9/06 Coronado Springs

09/03 Coronado Springs - Honeymoon
    10/99 Coronado Springs

06/96 Old Key West
    07/93 Beach Club
    12/91 Offsite - High School Trip

Post Thanks / Like

My son also goes to a small, Lutheran school. Every year we do the Reader's Digest paper sale (which I personally do not like and don't subject my friends/family to cheap merchandise for large prices; I send a check to the PTA for a donation instead). We also sell the "World's Best [???] Chocolate" every year. I don't sell that either, and soon will dump it down the garbage chute and send in the $40. We also sell wreaths every Christmas.

We do, however, participate in the BoxTops for Education and Scholastic Books sales.

You might want to check out UPromise as they have a way of channeling part of your savings to the school of your choice (if the school signs up) and also Pizzeria Uno (if you have one in your area) has a fundraising promotion.
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

I was PTO president or Vice President for (gulp) 10 years at my kids school! (and, yes, I lost thousands of brain cells during that time period lol) Our hard fast rule was NO kid selling of products! No wrapping paper, no candy, no anything.

Our most popular fundraising events were and probably still are:

1. A Math-a-thon
    2. Scrapbook crops for the Moms..very successful and generates great community spirit.
    3. Our yearly Cake Auction (baked by the teachers)
    4. Silent Auction

We also participated in Walmart's bag recycle program ...for every large bag of plastic grocery bags that we brought to them, we received $5. Believe it or not, we couldn't keep up with the amount of bags brought into the school...everyone wanted to recycle them. Other than storage and transportation, it has been the most mindless fundraiser going!
    It is a national fundraising program and should have details on the website.

If anyone would like to email me for details on any of the fundraisers, I would be happy to share how we did them.

Wendy...who is very glad to no longer be PTO Queen !
    Wendy Lewis
    Vacation Specialist
    Magical Journeys
    http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com
    The Magic begins with YOU!
    The Official Travel Agency of INTERCOT.com

Visit me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WendyLewisA...JourneysTravel

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: