Quantcast Another Car Question

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Another Car Question

Okay, we know what you drive now. We are waiting to hear what you have owned.

Now..If money was not an option, What kind of car would you love to own??

It does not have to fit your kids, DH, DW or SO. Just a second car that would be for your pleasure only??

I have two cars I would love to own.

A 1970 Chevelle. That is one I hope to actually have someday. DH has refinished cars and trucks in the past and I am always on the lookout for one to buy and fix up.

2008 Mustang GT. White with blue racing stripes or blue with white stripes. I know my DH and kids would not all fit in it at once. It would be a Mom only car...lol.

So, let's hear it. What is your Dream Car???
    DVC Members @ SSR
    19 Trips since 1996:
    Caribbean Beach Resort-2x's, Dixie Landings-2x, POFQ-2x's, POR-3x's All Star Movies-4x's, Pop-1x, Saratoga Springs-2x, BWV-1x, OKW-2x

Just got back: August 17th-22nd POR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default another car question

This is a tough one the early corvette's 50's thru60's are nice 67-69 camaro sweet the early chevelle's 64-70 nice as well any thing in the classic car era works how do you pick just one it's like a bag of chips you can't have just one so how do you pick if money were really no object i'd have to pick a couple at least and a really nice garage to put them all in sorry if i missed a few there are so many chevy,dodge,ford better get a bigger garage
    1085.35 miles from Fort Wilderness
    92-Port
    93-Poly
    99-Fort
    00-Fort
    01-Fort
    02-Fort
    03-Fort
    04-Fort
    05-Fort
    06-Fort
    07-Fort
    oct. 08-Fort

Post Thanks / Like

A 1971 Dodge Challenger with a hemi engine painted Candy Brandy Wine.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

wandering around a freezer somewhere below POTC in NOS
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, if money were no object, I'd go with the McLaren F1.

Sure there have been other supercars that have since come along like the Bugatti Veyron, Ascari A10 or Koenigsegg CCXR but the McLaren was a pure engineering marvel- amazing aerodynamics and impressive considering that it was the fastest street legal production car from 1994 through 2005.

Even the titanium tool kit that came along with the McLaren was designed primarily for function, but also just looked really cool.

The Bugatti Veyron on the other hand- it's certainly fast but almost too refined. Yes, it's an impressive car but I'm not sure if it would be a fun driver's car (and I really don't care for the styling).

The Lamborghini Reventon looks interesting (I do like the aggressive F-22 raptor inspired styling) but a Lamborghini just isn't as interesting to me now as it may have been when I was a teenager (perhaps it was the influence of Chrysler and then Audi taking over the company).

If I were just looking for a fun vehicle to drive, that isn't avaialble here in the US (at least not yet)- it would be the (formerly Vandenbrink) Carver One. It's really hard to describe- almost like a strange cross between a motorcycle and a car, where the chassis can actually tilt up to 45 degrees into turns (and it is not based on how far you turn the wheel, but rather how much cornering force you're applying).

As for being more realistic about the car I'm looking to buy next, I'm trying to make a decision now to purchase either a Lexus IS-F, or a Nissan GT-R. The dilemma I'm facing is whether to go with the IS-F now, or wait for the GT-R V-Spec in about a year.

The IS-F is the more practical car of the two (not sure I'd want to have the GT-R as an every day car for the commute, but it sure would be a lot of fun) and I'd really love to have the wide-body conversion kit and even the flat black paint job on the IS-F that was shown at SEMA by Five Axis.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm...I don't really know my cars.

Honestly, the car I have my eye on right now is the Toyota Yaris...the little one with 2 doors. It's tiny! I could park that little guy anywhere!

I also like the Mini Cooper and the Toyota Prius.

Nothing spectacular, I know.
    Disney World: 10/92 Yacht Club, 11/96 Disney Institute, 12/00 Yacht Club, 6/05 Beach Club, 8/06 Shades of Green, 8/07 Caribbean Beach Resort, 10/07 Coronado Springs, 12/08 French Quarter, 3/10 All Star Sports, 4/12 Port Orleans Riverside

Disneyland: 1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013

Post Thanks / Like

We want a Hybrid SUV!!
    Kelly

4/98 Offsite
    11/03 Make a Wish Trip
    8/05, 4/07, 4/08, 4/09, 4/11, 4/12, 4/13, 4.14
    Sheraton Vistana Resort
    11/07 Hilton Grand Vacations Sea World

Next Trip: 04/15 Sheraton Vistana

Give the Gift of Life; Be an Organ Donor!!

Post Thanks / Like

I would want an old El Camino, a huge 1970s boat of a Cadillac or an old hearse (I am the most eccentric person that most of my friends know and I like really big vehicles)
    As a matter of fact, last year I got a phone call from a friend who works at a funeral home and she said " The Funeral home is selling an old hearse for $1000. Want it?"
    Turns out the transmission was slipping, but i seriously considered it for about 10 minutes. My mother promptly told me she would "NEVER get in that thing...that is embarrassing" I thought it was just a little out there.
    1988,97,98*,99, 2000,01*,02*,04*,05*,07,08*,09,11,12*,13*'14*,15&, 16*,17(*=2x that year &=3x) on site WDW
    Next trip to WDW: Planning October 2017 and beyond! I love my AP!
    1991 DL 1993 DL Paris
    "If we can dream it, we can do it"
    "The harder I work, the luckier I get"

Post Thanks / Like

My dream car?

A '70 1/2 Camaro with a small-block 400-CID, 390 carb, 22-gallon fuel cell...something that looks racy but still streetable and gets more than 20mpg

The new Camaro:\...I'm not sure what to make of it just yet. It's got that '67-'69 look with the 2008 styling. If it comes with a small-block V8 as an option (instead of the weasly little V6), I might like it
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

I would love one of those little red Toyota Solara convertibles. I sat in one at the dealer getting my car services and fell in love with it!

Post Thanks / Like

1960's Corvette - someday I hope to really have one and the knowledge to fix it up myself.
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

This is the easiest question in the world for me to answer ... a Ferrari F430 Spyder.

Most beautiful car ever made.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I've always dreamed of 2. A 1970s Camaro with the split nose front bumper, and the Ferrari 308 that was featured on the TV show "Magnum P.I."
    DLR many times,April '05 Pop Century,April '08 POR,DLR April '09,CBR Dec '09,POR Sept '10,April '12 Universal's RPRH then Disney's POR,Feb '14 AKL,DLR July '15,APR '17 POR, JAN '18 DCL, JUL '18 ASMu,DEC '18 "NYE" AoA-Nemo,FEB '20 AoA-LK
    Greg

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

64 Mustang Convertible
    -or-
    67 Shelby Mustang
    -or
    2008 Shelby Mustang

(can I have all three)
    Marker from MO

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    This is the easiest question in the world for me to answer ... a Ferrari F430 Spyder.

Most beautiful car ever made.
    I'm not a fan of the styling, but I can say the F430 is a dream to drive so I can fully agree with the choice Ian- the handling is spot on (and you can really have fun once you turn the CST off, though even novice drivers can take the car around, power slide through turns yet still feel in control with the fantastic E-diff and Manettino dial settings)

It also just happens to be the most affordable Ferrari of the available choices (affordable being a relative term of course).

It's a shame it's not available in the US with launch control (thank those pesky lawyers and insurance companies for that) and they throw Bridgestone Potenza RE050s on there as standard equipment (I'd go with the Pirelli P-Zeros which make a noticeable improvement).

Post Thanks / Like

I want the car just like Sally Carrerea in the move Cars. Even though the color of these cars should be red I really like the blue they used in the movie. IE I do know that it was a cartoon but I love that color.

488.22 miles from Walt Dinsey World - Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like

1. 1966 Black Corvette Stingray - convertible
    2. Red Shelby Mustang 2008
    3. Black Daytona Charger 2008
    At least 14 trips before 1988
    Off-site - 3-92
    Off-site - 2-01
    ASM - 5-02, 7-03
    CBR - 11-05, 2-10
    Off-site - 2-06
    Pop - 6-06, 2-08
    Poly -12-07
    Cor. S. - 6-2010
    Cor.S. - 10-11

"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMartellFamily View Post
    I want the car just like Sally Carrerea in the move Cars. Even though the color of these cars should be red I really like the blue they used in the movie. IE I do know that it was a cartoon but I love that color.
    If you wanted that particular paint color in real life, it would be a custom job since it's not a standard Porsche color (more details on this below)

Sally as she appears in the movie is a 2002 Porsche 911 (Type 996).

When Disney/Pixar was looking to have real-life versions of some of the Cars characters created for marketing and promotions, they turned to Eddie Paul's custom shop (EP Industries) in El Segundo, CA.

EP wound up taking an actual 1999 Porsche 911 as a base model.

Then they cut it in completely in half, removing a 7 inch section to shorten the wheelbase, and then fabricating custom body parts (taking the original animation models, converting them to AutoCAD templates that fed to a 3D router which carved out wooden molds they could then use to vac-u-form thermoplastic body parts as needed).

The custom paint job for the real life Sally is a combination of House of Color paints (an almost 1:1 ratio of Metallic Blue and Snow White Pearl) and Sally's trademark tattoo was hand pinstriped for the custom car by Herb Martinez.

Post Thanks / Like

I've owned a Chevy Blazer in the past.
    I am driving my dream car right now, but I think my next car will be a Land Rover Range Rover. That is another '"dream car" of mine.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by DVC2004 View Post
    I've owned a Chevy Blazer in the past.
    I am driving my dream car right now, but I think my next car will be a Land Rover Range Rover. That is another '"dream car" of mine.
    Mmmmmm ... love the supercharged Range Rover sport ...

That's one of my attainable dream cars. I may get one of those after my Tahoe lease is up.

Mufasa, are you a closet car guy???
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I love the remake of the Thunderbird convertible but I've never been in one. I guess w/ money out the window (I'm not a big car person ) I would consider a porsche 911. I'm not a fan of corvette b/c they feel too much like a go cart to me.
    I want a few more creature comforts than a 64 mustang.
    My dd has a mini cooper and they are fun but not my "dream car"
    I do prefer smaller than larger.
    My dream car is the one headed for WDW not what the metal looks like but that it's moving and on the road to a fun location
    Next
    DD, DS @ AKV Dec 12 SSR 12-16

AKV Savannah 8/08
    ASMu my BD 4/08 w/ Angel & MrsSgtT
    SSR 10/07 BWV-12/06
    Pop-05 04 03 1st Nighters
    OKW-97 96 Poly- 89 87 86 CR:72
    Offsite:8xs FW:83 82 82 DL 67,68,71

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: