Quantcast School is cancelled???

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Wink School is cancelled???

It's Sunday night, I'm getting the kids school clothes ready for morning and I'm watching Amazing race while talking on the phone with a friend. Then I see it.... School closings for MONDAY??!!!!
    It's not even snowing out and already the Boston area has tons of cancelations for tomorrow
    Oh oh, now the kids see it. They are dancing and high fiving each other. The person I'm on the phone with doesn't believe me, He tells his son to put on channel 4. They see it... same thing yelling and cheering.
    Where is the snow??
    Isn't it a little premature given that the weather persons have been wrong in the past!?
    Oh well, guess they are sleeping in regardless of it the "storm goes out to sea"
    Hope everyone has a happy monday
    Dolphin & POFQ 2010

POFQ 2008

ALL STAR MUSIC August 2007

POP August 2006

Coronado Springs 2005

DCL trip December 2005

WDW DOLPHIN July 2004

WDW DOLPHIN JUNE 2002

WDW DOLPHIN March 1998

WDW OFF PROPERTY March 1994

DL Honeymoon 1987

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Our school district has gotten burned by doing that in the past (well, the kids were happy! ) so now it takes a lot of snow for them to close! But, other districts around us have already closed or posted delayed openings. But, I already heard on the news that "things have changed" so I'm not quite sure what that means!

We've had nothing but rain here, so far, though it was supposed to start snowing around 9. So, we'll see! We do a "snow chain" in our school (because I guess not everyone checks the TV or school website) so if school closes, I'll get a call from the principal at 5:30 am, then I'll have to call all the class parents!
    Jen aka conorsmom2000

1977 - Fort Wilderness
    1995, 2005, 2006 - Wilderness Lodge
    2017 - Coronado Springs
    2024 - Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

They kinda do the same thing with us down here, cept not for snow, obviously. We get those good ole hurricane days (haven't had one in 2 years though...). But 9 times out of 10 they cancel the day before or so and tell us the thing is comin right for us and then the day it is cancelled is one of the most gorgeous days we have ever seen: light breeze, sunny, just enough clouds to keep the sun from beating us... nuts.
    Day trips:
    WAAAAAY too many to count...

AKL Mar 7-9 One Year Anniversary!

Post Thanks / Like

CrazyPoohBear: gotta know if you are in Masachusetts or RI? My mother just told me that schools were cxed in RI, too. They want to avoid the mess that hapened when we got out first snow storm.
    1988,97,98*,99, 2000,01*,02*,04*,05*,07,08*,09,11,12*,13*'14*,15&, 16*,17(*=2x that year &=3x) on site WDW
    Next trip to WDW: Planning October 2017 and beyond! I love my AP!
    1991 DL 1993 DL Paris
    "If we can dream it, we can do it"
    "The harder I work, the luckier I get"

Post Thanks / Like

Well, it's a good thing they didn't cancel school here! We woke up to find out.....we barely got a dusting of snow!! I am going to have one disappointed 7 year old on my hands soon!
    Jen aka conorsmom2000

1977 - Fort Wilderness
    1995, 2005, 2006 - Wilderness Lodge
    2017 - Coronado Springs
    2024 - Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

RedheadWriter CrazyPoohBear: gotta know if you are in Massachusetts or RI? My mother just told me that schools were cxed in RI, too. They want to avoid the mess that happened when we got out first snow storm.
    Massachusetts

Well, at least it's snowing now!.
    The kids are still in bed.
    But... I just woke up oldest DS to go snow-blow, I have a doctors appointment so so much for sleeping the day away!

Right now they are saying we could get one foot.

I still don't like the cancelling the day ahead of time. Too many things could change

I use to love waking up and looking out the window and listening... WAY back in the day my hometown use to sound the fire horn to let us know if school was cancelled!
    Dolphin & POFQ 2010

POFQ 2008

ALL STAR MUSIC August 2007

POP August 2006

Coronado Springs 2005

DCL trip December 2005

WDW DOLPHIN July 2004

WDW DOLPHIN JUNE 2002

WDW DOLPHIN March 1998

WDW OFF PROPERTY March 1994

DL Honeymoon 1987

Post Thanks / Like

Schools are in a no win situation on days when a Winter Storm Warning is posted.

Many parents like to know of cancellations as early as possible to work out day care options.
    Others, with no day care concerns, would rather schools wait and see.

Better to error on the side of caution and safety. IMHO.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RedheadWriter View Post
    CrazyPoohBear: gotta know if you are in Masachusetts or RI? My mother just told me that schools were cxed in RI, too. They want to avoid the mess that hapened when we got out first snow storm.
    I know that RI is still sorting out the mess from the first storm. Because the snow fell so fast and furious with the first storm the schools couldn't get the children home fast enough. One school bus didn't get the children home until 11:00pm that night. Everyone is still in an uproar awaiting answers as to why. The general consensus is that they were not going to be taking any chances with storms going forward. Thank heavens that DH and I transport DD to and forth school! The traffic was a flashback from the Blizzard of 78.

Most cities here dismiss highschool, then junior highschool, then elementary school.
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: