Quantcast Something Going 'Round?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Something Going 'Round?

Felt fine yesterday while we were travelling, and even felt pretty good driving back from Lafayette today. But by the time I dropped Christy off at the airport I suddenly became so cold that I couldn't stop shaking and darn near chewed a hole through my lip.
    So I came home, put on some sweats, my house shoes, lit the fireplace, turned the Central Heat up to 76 (unheard of for me to do that!), wrapped up in a blanket and played a little VMK. But after a while I just couldn't keep going... I checked my temp a few times; 101.9, then 102.5, then 102.2 and as I type it's now 102.3.
    My dear pirate sinking friends asked if I'd taken anything; well, once upon a time I would have right away, but my GP says that due to the other med's I'm on and my frequent prostate problems that I should not unless I call him first. But it got a bit too miserable, so I finally took some Fever Reducing Tylenol.
    Now instead of feeling cold, I'm burning up and every bone in my body aches. I keep running to the bathroom every 10-15 minutes, and all-in-all I'm just plain miserable right now, so sorry I wasn't my usual chipper self online tonight.
    I'd call in to work, but due to some other recent health problems I don't think I have enough sick leave to cover my absence, so I'm gonna show up... try to do my charting (which means travelling all over campus in the coldest weather we've had all year), and see if there isn't enough coverage by other therapists to take my afternoon groups for me.
    I'll let ya know how I fare through the night...
    AKA: FlyingIceman - Ice Rocker
    DLR every Summer from '67 - '76
    WDW Feb. '02

DLR Oct. '02

WDW Jan. '04
    WDW Christmas '04 (ASMusic)
    WDW Christmas '06 (Pop Century)

DLR Oct. '07 (Paradise Pier)

WDW Sept. '08 (ASMovies & PO French Quarter)
    Next Trip? Christmas '10

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Aww, Ice.i I was sorry to hear you were sick tonight. It sounds pretty bad if your fever is that high. When you chill is when your fever goes up, when you start to become too warm is usually when your fever starts to come down, so it sounds like the Tylenol is kicking in.

Anyways, sounds like Ice.i needs to see the doctor tomorrow.

Best wishes!
    I am a woman of many moods and they all require chocolate.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, there is something going round, I live in Patterson (close to Lafayette; about 50 miles away) and it's making the rounds here too. Last night we went to 7:00 pm Mass, stopped at Shoney's for a quick supper afterwards and on the way home I began to feel bad and started vomiting along Hwy 90 (2 stops w/ in 5 min) and we all ate the same food and no one else is sick. I'm cold, feverish, queasy in the tummy and generally feel like crud. I was in bed & asleep by 9:00 last night. Woke up this morning, got Liam off to school and I'm headed back to bed right now. At least it'll be over with before Christmas. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Aww, sorry your ill Ice. Everyone here has been sick, I had something that hung on and made me miserable for 3 weeks. I always blame the damp weather that is cold but not cold enough to kill the nasty germs.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkJJ View Post
    Aww, Ice.i I was sorry to hear you were sick tonight. It sounds pretty bad if your fever is that high. When you chill is when your fever goes up, when you start to become too warm is usually when your fever starts to come down, so it sounds like the Tylenol is kicking in.
    I didn't know that. I'm always learning new things here at Icot.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

CURRENT TIME AND TEMPERATURE; 9:21 pm, 100.6 degrees.
    I guess you could say I'm at least feeling relatively better? Went to work, got sent home (after my boss had me type my patient progress notes up so someone else could place them in charts for me) and called doctor.
    So far, looks like another round of Prostatitis, and the kidneys may have some infection in them as well.
    Keeping it short.... still not feeling quite right.
    Thanks for the messages; Yes, High Fever does cause chills, and nonononono I don't wanna be laid out for 3 weeks (even though the antibiotic I'm on will be for 30 days.)
    WDW Feb. '02

DLR Oct. '02

WDW Jan. '04

Next Trip? Christmas '10

Post Thanks / Like

Aww iceman. Hope you are feeling better very soon. Sending chicken noodle soup thoughts to ya!
    Last visit to Disneyland : Oct/07
    WDW: Sept/06!!

Dreaming of the next trip...

Post Thanks / Like

Day 3 and the fever hasn't broken?!?
    Got with every intention of trying to go to work... after a restless night back and forth to the little Ice's Room... and checked temp; 101.7?!?
    Send lotsa chicken soup and whatever else anyone can think of to break a fever, 'cuz I'm running out of ideas.
    WDW Feb. '02

DLR Oct. '02

WDW Jan. '04

Next Trip? Christmas '10

Post Thanks / Like

How about some pixie dust? Sorry you're not feeling well; a couple weeks ago I had to skip school too because I had a stomach flu Get well soon, and of course take plenty of rest!
    Inferno. RIP VMK.
    -Happiest Place On Earth

Post Thanks / Like

Still Day 3... approximately 12 hours later (give or take) and...

THE FEVER HAS BROKEN!!!
    I even ate my first real food in 3 days ( not that skipping food for 3 days was gonna hurt me )
    Guess the soup and pixie dust finally pushed that fever over the edge! But, I still got 28 days of antibiotics to make sure...
    WDW Feb. '02

DLR Oct. '02

WDW Jan. '04

Next Trip? Christmas '10

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: