Quantcast Coral Reef....

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Coral Reef....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Coral Reef....

Is it nicer to sit next to the aquarium at Coral Reef....or away from it so you can see the whole height of the aquarium?
    WDW is my happy place

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I like to sit right up close to the aquarium so I can get up close and personal with everything. Also, unless it has changed since I was last there, it is pretty dark in the restaurant and the aquarium gives me a little extra light. But if you are farther away, you may see a more variety of fish than limiting yourself to what comes next to your table when you sit closer. But it is all very awesome.
    dm2K
    1993 - BC/Cruise; 1996 - BC; 1998 - BC; 2000 - YC; 2002 - FQ; 2004 - Campground/BC; 2005 - POR; 2007 - BWI; 2008 - AKL; Christmas 2010 - BC; 2011 - All Star Sports; 2012 - AKL & WL; 2013 - DL and CSR

Post Thanks / Like

Adults can see from anywhere. Children have a little harder time seeing farther away. Of course, it's pretty tough to get an aquarium-side seat since that's what everyone wants.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer sitting further away. I like getting the overall view.
    1995 - Grand Floridian (Honeymoon)
    1997 - Fort Wilderness Cabins
    1998 - All-Star Music
    2005 - All-Star Music & Movies
    2006 - All-Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Our recent trip this year was our first time eating at the Coral Reef and we were seated on the second tier of the restaurant. I thought this was perfect. We were close enough that we got a great view, but we were also able to see the whole aquarium.

There was even a team of divers that was in there while we were eating dinner! And the Alaskan King Crab legs are awesome!!!!
    1986, 1995 - Off Property
    1995 - B.V. Palace
    2002 - PORS
    2005 - Wilderness Lodge
    2006 - CBR
    2007 - AKL
    2008 - Saratoga Springs
    Spring 2009 - BCV
    Fall 2009 - CSR
    Winter 2009 - VWL
    Spring 2010 - BWV
    Fall 2010 - Kidani & Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon
    December 2010 - OKW

Post Thanks / Like

My kids LOVE alaskan king crabs, but it is not listed on the menu on this site. Is this something new or only at certain times? How much is it per pound? We eat 4 lbs as a family at other restaurants. Will is break our bank??

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

I've always enjoyed sitting next to the aquarium. Makes it a little more private.

Post Thanks / Like

The Mrs and I love Coral Reef! We enjoy sitting right next to the tank itself. However, you should be warned that your dinner could be interupted by kids or even adults with cameras that want to see something that is right next to you. Its usually not a big deal, but I am sure that it bothers some people to have people constantly coming up next to their table while trying to eat.
    July 06: Coronado Springs (Honeymoon)
    Sept 07: POP Century
    Feb 09: Port Orleans Riverside
    Dec 09: Caribbean Beach
    Jan 11: Coronado Springs

I blame this obsession on my wife...

Post Thanks / Like

We had a table right next to the aquarium last time. It was soo great, a sea turtle(I think) kept coming up next to us. I had to order "turf" though, because I felt guilty! lol! It was very yummy, nonetheless.
    Jan. 99 AllStar Music ;Jun 01 AllStar Sports; Jul 2003 Dolphin;May. 04 -AllStar Movies, Jan 07 Wilderness Lodge; Jun 2007 Pop Century; Jan 2008 Port Orleans Riverside; Aug 08 Pop Century; Jun 09 Saratoga Springs, Aug 09 Animal Kingdom Lodge; May 10 Boardwalk; Oct 10 Saratoga Springs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerStitch View Post
    Our recent trip this year was our first time eating at the Coral Reef and we were seated on the second tier of the restaurant. I thought this was perfect. We were close enough that we got a great view, but we were also able to see the whole aquarium.
    Agreed! The second tier is the best place for an overall view while at the same time being close enough to see the fish and marinelife with some detail.
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

We have eaten there a few times and once been right up on the tank, once the first row of booths and the last time in the last row...I had heard that there is a good view from everywhere but that last time, we could not see anything!!!! Especially the kids but even the adults...next time we have a lunch ADR at the first seating so as to maximize our chances of getting tank side seats...we will be there a bit early too!
    Sherry

10 earlier times...
    1-08 ASMo ( MOM AND KIDS FOR 13 DAYS!!!)
    11-08 POP (Mom and Kids for 14 days!!!)
    4-21-10 thru 4-28-10 Pop Century (WE'RE GOING BACK!!!!!)
    8-13 thru 8-19-11 ASMo & 8-19 thru 8-28-11 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

What day are you going to Coral Reef? I'll be there the same week as you and I plan on going there for lunch one day as well.
    WDW is my happy place

Post Thanks / Like

We'll be at the Reef at 11:30am on Saturday 1-12-07...when will you be there?
    Sherry

10 earlier times...
    1-08 ASMo ( MOM AND KIDS FOR 13 DAYS!!!)
    11-08 POP (Mom and Kids for 14 days!!!)
    4-21-10 thru 4-28-10 Pop Century (WE'RE GOING BACK!!!!!)
    8-13 thru 8-19-11 ASMo & 8-19 thru 8-28-11 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

We just ate there this past Friday actually!! We sat in the second row and had a GREAT view of the tanks... the kids loved it!!

I was NOT impressed with the staff there though... VERY rude!! We waited over 40 minutes after our ADR on top of having gotten their 30 minutes early (so over an hour total). They were NASTY!

Our meal took over 2.5 hours total too because they were so slow... but the food was good. The crab legs were delicious (and I believe $31.99).

Post Thanks / Like

Brown - I hope my service is better than what you had. I'm sorry it happened......bad service can sometimes ruin a meal.

Ty - I'll be at WDW from Jan. 2 -12. So I'll miss you. We'll be at Coral Reef on January 9th - 11:30am. Look for a redhead if you decide to come over.
    WDW is my happy place

Post Thanks / Like

I have to say the Coral Reef has become my favorite TS restaurant at WDW! And, having sat next to the tank and also back from it, I prefer to be close! It's really cool to have a shark or a sea turtle swim by 8 inches from you!
    Jul80 DLR, Dec75 FW, Sept91 offsite, Sept95 ASSp, June00 offsite, June01 ASMo, July02 WL, June03 ASMo, Oct03 POR, Poly, Aug04 Pop,ASMu, Oct04 ASSp, Sept05 CSR,Pop,CBR, Dec06 WL,Pop, Sept07 POP,POR, Dec07 POP,May08 POP, Sept08 CR,Sept09 POP,Aug10 CBR, Feb11 POP, July11 AKL, Nov12 POP, March13 offsite

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: