Quantcast Ride Videos?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Ride Videos?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ride Videos?

I just read the thread asking about pictures on ToT and it reminded me of a question that I had been meaning to ask you folks…

We haven’t been to WDW since the spring of 2006, and I know how diligent WDW is at keeping up with trends that they deem worthwhile… I was wondering: Do any of the thrill rides in WDW offer DVDs of you while you are on the ride? I know that almost every ride has still pictures, but do any offer DVDs? Or has anyone heard of any rumors about them doing that?

Last year a nearby amusement park added video cameras on their largest roller coaster. There is a separate camera on each rider’s face, and at the exit of the ride, where you used to order photos, you can order a DVD of your entire ride. It is pretty cool.

It wouldn’t work on all rides but I could see it on EE or BTMRR or possibly on ToT. RnR would really be great but probably too dark.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't seen anything like that...yet. I agree that a video of yourself on TOT would be hysterical with the hair going up in the air, etc. I am sure it's not far off, I think Disney is just worried about "magic" and stuff being ruined. They ask people not to video tape a lot of rides because of that.
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

The Kids: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

Post Thanks / Like

We were there in February and at DTD there is CyberSpace Mountain, where you can build and then ride your own roller coaster.

At the end of the ride, you can buy a DVD that shows you during your coaster ride. We bought the DVD's and they are really pretty cool. You can see your hair flying around, and the expressions are priceless. It runs as a picture in picture, so you can see the simulation of your coaster in the corner, as you watch yourself ride it.

It would be neat to do that on some of the major rides. I think I'd be more inclined to buy that over the stills. (Although we do have a lotof the stills in the albums)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: