Quantcast what's your fave hidden suprise

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking what's your fave hidden suprise

theres hidden mickeys, then theres everything else...

for example, in the que 4 the ToT theres all sorts of twight light zone memorabilia

in the corousel of progress, theres actually original GE appliences in the older scenes (i think the 1890 1if im not mistaken)

so whats ur favorite hidden mickey/memorabilia?

personally, i loved finding buster keaton's "side walks of new york" poster in the villian's shop...def not his best film...but hey i didnt see any chaplin or lloyd posters any place else throughout the studio park lol
    You know how they say the pasture is always greener on the other side?
    well it is about 45 minutes up I-4 for me!

*future grad nite 08 alum*

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to Intercot!!!!

having grown up a "mining brat" (meaning we moved every year to a new mining operation), I would have to say that the authentic antique mining equipment at BTMRR.
    The only life I can think of that would be worse than being a special needs mom is not being one...

Poly (04), WL (06), BC (07), AoA (20)
    DL (74, 75, 83, 87, 98, 07, 09. 10)

Magical Journeys is the ONLY way to go!

Post Thanks / Like

I like the R'n'RC queue line. Most people will walk by and see just musical instruments or radios and record players, etc. But when you look at the items really close you'll see they went to a lot of trouble to make it look like G-Force Records OWN merchandise, records, 8-trax, etc. And the music posters too, those are very excellent.

Haunted Mansion gets a lot of props as well to how they do things. One year when my sis-in-law was pregnant and needed to use a wheelchair most of the time, it allowed us to use the handicap entrances...well for HM, you go to a different entrance and the detail they had for it was unbelievable. Example, the bells on the wall were labeled to be for a different room of a house like you would find for the servants to see which room the master was in and needed help.
    28 times to WDW and still going since 1984!! Most recent visit: November/December 2011...Far too long since my last visit! :'(

Personally, I believe it didn't start with a mouse. It started with a man that had one of the greatest imaginations in this world.

Post Thanks / Like

My DD6 and I love its a small world! We love finding all the words in different languages that say goodbye on the way out! She can sing the song in 3 languages now!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a huge Muppet Freak, so all the stuff in Muppet Vision is a thing for me. I love the Net Full of Jello....ha ha. Get it?
    VMK: RoyalRoseBlue

10 trips before 2000
    2000 - All Star Sports (Senior Trip)
    2001 - CP CM @ CBR

Post Thanks / Like

I think that one of the original pair of Rubie Slippers worn by Judy Garland in The Wizard of Oz on display while in que for the Great Movie Ride is pretty impressive. I also love the Northwest Mercantile shop in Canada and Pringle of Scotland in the UK. Also I haven't been to Epcot since The Living Seas changed to Nemo and Friends but I always liked the que showcasing all the early diving bells and equipment or did I see this somewhere else my memories a little hazy on this one.
    2014 POR Alligator Bayou & Beach Club.
    1978-2007 Several Visits off Property.

"Come to the Tiki Room...No one ever takes a Siesta"

"Parents hold your kids by the hair and we're clear"

"I am happy to see they brought back Orange Bird!!"

Post Thanks / Like

For me- its the hidden secrets of Disney World. Walt's name appearing on the window facing the castle is pretty neat. I have been there a half dozen times and I never noticed it before.

If you pick up a particular phone in the Magic Kingdom, you hear a conversation between a mother and a daughter. I think it is in a shop on Main Street

The secret that I can't wait to confirm or deny is that the flags on the buildings on Main Street are not "real" American flags. They have a minor mistake in them (one too many red or white stripes, too many stars) They did this so that it looks like American flags but they do not have to take them down each night.

I will be the idiot standing and staring at the flags from December 12-20.

Post Thanks / Like

Ah Disney Treasures and hidden secrets...I love them and every year I do my best to find each one here's my list:

Disney's MGM Studios
    The "Singin in the Rain" Umbrella
    The Rope hanging out of the well at Indy
    The Key under the mat at Muppets

Epcot
    The Horizons emblem on the Gravity Wheel of Mission Space
    The "Geographical Center of WDW"
    The Tribute to Horizons on Soarin

Disney's Animal Kingdom
    The Jafar Rock on Panghani

Magic Kingdom
    The paintbrushes hidden on Tom Sawyers Island
    The deed being handed over to Owl on Pooh by Mr. Toad
    The Telephone in Tomorrowland where you can talk to the agent of Sonny Eclipse
    Simply seeing the profile of Mickey Mouse carved into Splash Mountain
    "Tomorrowland Transit Authority Metroliner non-stop now departing Rocket Tower Plaza for a round trip Super Skyway Tour."

Post Thanks / Like

For me, simply the attention to detail where not many would even notice (like the different entrance described above for HM.)

DS9 is just starting to get into the hidden Mickeys, so that is really fun for us.

I love learning the "what you didn't know..." stories, although I usually read about them moreso than find out about them while in the parks. Especially things like how many tractor trailers are needed for Christmas storage, how much the daily fireworks cost, how many resources are needed to change the castle, etc.

I'm not bad - I'm just drawn that way!

Next Trip? Not sure but always planning!!
    Oct 2007 House rental
    Dec 2005 CBR
    Jan 2003 House rental
    Aug 1997 Grosvenor
    Sep 1993 Off site hotel

Post Thanks / Like

My little brother just adores PUSH! We once spent 2 hours waiting for PUSH to come out.
    I've been going to WDW since birth, and now I work there.
    Proud Baton Twirler!
    "Oh look, my tax dollars at work coming to arrest me, " Reily Pool, NT2
    Go UCF and UF!

Post Thanks / Like

The Merry-go-round-horse from Mary Poppins in the line waiting for the Great Movie Ride.
    On the line for the Nemo ride it is like you are on shore going to under the water.
    I like the thought of seeing sonething that makes me stop in my tracks.
    There is just so much I love the detail they put into everything that it just makes the time go by so standing in line does not seem so long.

Post Thanks / Like

Last year we discovered that rope & pulley over the well outside of the Indiana Jones show & we had a ball with it! We had a small crowd around us looking on. No one else knew about it! I love finding cool stuff like that at WDW!

I've bought several of the trivia books & things you never about WDW & we love to look for these things on our trips as well as the hidden mickeys.

All that attention to detail is just part of what amakes WDW so amazing for us!

We rode one of the boats over to the MK from the WL & the little lights all along the top edges of the boat were classic mickey's! I was just blown away!
    Shari
    -"There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow..."

'02 - All Star Movies
    '04, '05, '06, '10, '11, '16, '19, '21 - Pop Century

'08 - Offsite/Pop Century
    '13, '21 - Offsite
    '17 - Port Orleans/French Quarter!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mitchsfan View Post
    The secret that I can't wait to confirm or deny is that the flags on the buildings on Main Street are not "real" American flags. They have a minor mistake in them (one too many red or white stripes, too many stars) They did this so that it looks like American flags but they do not have to take them down each night.
    I have no idea whether or not that's true, but it does make sense. A flag ceremony is performed at the flag pole in front of the Main Street train station every day so I assume that it's an authentic flag on that pole. As for the other flags on Main Street, I've never given it any thought but I doubt that they take them down each night.
    I'm a dad! My daughter, Eisley, was born on December 17, 2010.

Regular WDW visitor since 1981

Post Thanks / Like

In ToT I liked the floor listing that had the missing letters which spelled out "Evil Tower You Are Doomed" in the bottom of the case. It was gone last time I looked. I assume it created a bottleneck.
    I also like the umbrella in MGM.
    I have seen the well and rope at the Indy show, but never knew what it did.
    DigitalDaredevil
    VMK: EpcotRay

Post Thanks / Like

I will have to say the paint brushes on Tom Sawyers Island, I have yet to find one, but I think it is fun hunting for them.
    1986 Off Site
    1994 Off Site
    2001 Off Site
    2004 Off Site
    2008 Pop Century
    2011 Off Site MNSSHP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrsHerbie53 View Post
    For me, simply the attention to detail where not many would even notice (like the different entrance described above for HM.

This is certainly how I feel about WDW, and I think it's why I keep going back. There's so much attention to detail, so much care and concern that goes into everything, that it's very impressive -- and my number 1 rebuttal for any Disney nay-sayers.

On my list of favorites:
    The Mr. Toad statue in the Pet Cemetery outside HM. I don't know how many people miss it (I know I did, until it turned up in one of LoML's photos), but I think it's a little nod that Mr. Toad's Wild Ride had its day. Time for new adventures!

There's also a little Hidden Mickey in the pavement in Tomorrowland, outside the Cool Station and Astro Orbiter queue. LoML and I found it one day, and he remarked how faded it was. Now we try to find it every time we go; sooner or later it won't be there anymore! Just a testament to how many people visit WDW, and how the little things are there that we may never notice.

Cheer,
    Elizabeth

Off-site guest: 02.92, 05.03, 04.04, 08.04, 08.05, 08.06, 05.07, 10.07, 08.08, 08.09
    AKL: 08.06, 05.07, 08.08
    GF: 08.09
    Contemporary: 08.04
    Boardwalk: 08.05
    POR: 08.05
    ASMo: 01.06, 12.09
    ASMu: 01.08
    ASSp: 01.09
    DLR: 01.10

Post Thanks / Like

I love the old microphones in the queue for the Rock n' Roller Coaster
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

I also love reading the tombstones outside of the haunted mansion, never gets old for me.
    1986 Off Site
    1994 Off Site
    2001 Off Site
    2004 Off Site
    2008 Pop Century
    2011 Off Site MNSSHP

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

On Main Street at MK, there are windows above all the shops...these windows have the names of the shell corporations that Walt Disney actually used to buy the land that WDW is located on.
    Former WDW MK BTM CM.

Engaged at MGM's OFSL on NYE 2006.

Married to DisneyDave4479 (June 16, 2007).

PAP since October 2007.

Been enjoying WDW since 1986...with hundreds of visits...just call me lucky!

VMK: PoorPuzzledFish.

Post Thanks / Like

Something I happened to catch our last visit to WDW which happened to have me scratching my head and thinking, "did I actually see what I thought I saw??" We were on Test Track and at the part where you are going through the tunnel and the truck honks it's horn and flashes it's lights like your going to hit it head on, I looked into the cab and I swore there was a cut-out of LBJ in the driver's seat. It was later confirmed on this Board that there are different characters sometimes put behind the wheel of that truck.
    That was pretty wild for me because I don't usually pay attention to stuff like that. I was trying to explain it to my wife and she was looking at me like I was ready for the looney bin! I'll have to check again when we go there in February!
    1 visit to Magic Kindom '78
    17 visits to WDW since '98
    2 visit to Disneyland

Old Key West (multiple)
    Saratoga Springs (multiple)
    Animal Kingdom Lodge
    Port Orleans
    Beach Club Villas

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: