Quantcast Cabin's compared to terry trailers

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Cabin's compared to terry trailers

cabin's compared to terry trailers that fort wilderness use to have. how do they compare?
    Are the cabin's roomier then the terry trailers?
    And yes PirateGal and I are staying in the cabins in Fort Wilderness and we're wondering how they compare to the terry trailers that they use to have there. I also remember way back in the day when there use to be a steam train there.
    Sandy °o° VFK name DisneyDreamin,First trip in 1972-Off site ,In between so many I can't count,3/04 PC,11/28-12/05/04 POR,Feb,13-22,'06 PC,Dec,4, 07 FWR,DVC,AKV07, DLR's DPPH 9-13-20,'09,Stitch/Buzz Complex Cast Member

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I found pictures of both. I don't think there is any comparsion. The Terry Trailer looks like a small travel trailer. The cabins are much larger than a travel trailer.

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed. While I have not stayed in either, I can remember seeing the old trailors. They were not much bigger than the pop up my parents had. I would think the cabins to be a tremendous upgrade.
    1975-2000 Family Trips, FW
    Nov 2005- FW
    June 2006- FW
    Feb 2007- FW
    Dec 2007- POFQ
    Feb 2008- POR
    July 2008- WL
    Dec 2008- FW
    Feb 2012- POFQ
    Herb
    Proud Passholder

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed in trailers back in the early 90's. and they were pretty big. About 38 to 40 ft. Pretty much the same size as the cabins appear to me. I know they were made by Fleetwood, which makes Terry..but not sure if we were in Terry's or another Fleetwood model. The cabins are really prefabricated cabin type park model trailers .They are on wheels also...the decking covers that. They are actually set up much the same way the trailers were...or at least the ones we stayed in. They do give a much nicer appearance than the trailers did. I've seen these in other RV camping resorts that we've stayed in. In fact we are seasonal in an RV resort, and the resort offers something similiar to what appears in FW. The trailers we stayed in back in the 90's in FW had the full size bed with the bunks in the bedroom area, along with the pull down full size bed out of the wall in the living room..which the cabins still have. The kitchen area appears nicer to me, and they arrange the location differently. Also the cabins have that nice deck, that the trailers didn't have. As far as storage, it doesn't appear to me that they have much more storage than the trailers did for your clothing. For us we keep our things in the suit case so it wasn't a huge issue.
    Phyllis

Post Thanks / Like

From what I've seen of them every time PirateGal and I have stopped in Fort Wilderness to browse the shops, they look like log cabins instead of little houses. We can't wait to stay because we're visiting with relatives. And yes I'll make certain to post a report of our stay afterwards.
    Sandy °o° VFK name DisneyDreamin,First trip in 1972-Off site ,In between so many I can't count,3/04 PC,11/28-12/05/04 POR,Feb,13-22,'06 PC,Dec,4, 07 FWR,DVC,AKV07, DLR's DPPH 9-13-20,'09,Stitch/Buzz Complex Cast Member

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cabin compared to Terry Trailer

On my first trip to wdw I had not planned to stay inside the world. My DW and two kids decided to go about three days before we left. Our friends who had lived in Fl, invited us to come with them and another Fam to wdw. We pulled into our motel on hiway 192 near the "gate", in Dec 79, my friend says "you would have more fun staying inside WDW." So I called Reservations for a trailer. We stayed in the 500 Loop, 503 Terry Trail. It was a Terry park model by Fleetwood, w/ sliding glass door, LR in front w/pullout bed. Another bedroom in rear, kit and bath in middle. It was a great 7 days, our first Disney vacation.
    DEC 79 FW (TERRY TRAIL)
    JUN 81 FW TRAILER
    JUN 89 FW POP-UP
    DEC 90 FW POP-UP
    DEC 91 FW POP-UP
    JUN 91 FW POP-UP
    DEC 92 FW POP-UP
    NOV-DEC 98 FW POP-UP
    MAY 00 FW CABIN
    NOV-DEC 02 FW TT
    NOV-DEC 03 FW TT
    JAN 05 POP CENTURY
    NOV-DEC 05 FW TT
    JAN 07 FW TT
    NOV-DEC 07 FW TT

Post Thanks / Like

Personally I prefer a Summerwood cabins to most trailer. I guess I'm all about comfort.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: