Quantcast New Series of Photography from Annie Leibovitz - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a great Video Podcast about this on the WDW site

Official WDW Podcast

It even goes into saying they are preparing to shoot a 3rd Series
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    That photo of Drew is indeed Annie's work but it's not to be confused with Disney's version of Beauty And The Beast.

That was a photo layout for Vogue Magazine in 2005.

Ahh I see. In that case,
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    That photo of Drew is indeed Annie's work but it's not to be confused with Disney's version of Beauty And The Beast.

That was a photo layout for Vogue Magazine in 2005.

Ohh, ok thanks! I was wondering why Belle's dress wasn't even gold

Post Thanks / Like

I absolutelty LOVE the work of Annie Liebowitz. She's is an amazing photographer and I think that she does a really good job at showing her idea of how the celebrity relates to the Disney character.

Julie Andrew as the Blue Fairy? Genius! The idea behind the blue fairy and what Julie Andrews means to the world of Disney magic totally fits!
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

From Never Land to Disneyland Jennifer Lopez, Gisele Bündchen and Jessica Biel Live Out Their Disney Fantasies

BURBANK, Calif. – From Never Land to flying carpets to the forested domain of an Indian princess, stars travel to their very own Fantasylands in a new round of celebrity images from famed photographer Annie Leibovitz.

The new images continue the “Disney Dream Portrait Series” of celebrity photography produced by Leibovitz as Disney Parks extends, through 2008, its “Year of a Million Dreams” celebration on both coasts. Leibovitz’s images capture the transformational power of Disney dreams during a celebration that invites visitors to live out their own Disney dreams as never before at California’s Disneyland and Florida’s Walt Disney World resorts.

The latest installment of Leibovitz photography spotlights more celebrities living out their fantasies by starring in Disney dream scenes:

“Where a whole new world awaits”: Aboard their genie-powered magic carpet, Jennifer Lopez (Jasmine) and husband Marc Anthony (Aladdin) soar through the Arabian night. Complete with Whoopi Goldberg (Genie) pushing them among the stars, the two images complete a dream scene straight from a magic lantern in a scene entitled “Where a whole new world awaits.”

For Lopez, the Leibovitz shoot was both transformational and inspirational: “It’s unbelievable,” she said, “a modern princess and the guy with the flying carpet…and the idea of maybe in the future my children seeing me and Marc as Jasmine and Aladdin…I think that would be pretty cool.”

Added Goldberg: “I think those genie-like qualities worked best for me. For me to come out of a bottle and give somebody three wishes seems like a pretty good bargain.”

“Where you never have to grow up”: Surprise marks the “you can fly” moment as a mesmerized Gisele Bündchen (Wendy Darling) is beckoned by Mikhail Baryshnikov (Peter Pan) and Tina Fey (Tinker Bell) to fly off over the rooftops of London to Never Land – “Where you never have to grow up.” From the dazzle of fashion runways, Bündchen was draped in a simple white nightgown as Wendy for the Leibovitz shoot.

“Coming onto this whole set, it feels like you are living the whole Peter Pan story,” said Bündchen. “When I think of all the Disney stories, it actually is my favorite. It isn’t just like a princess finding her prince; Peter was more about finding a true adventure and a different thing, you know?”

“Where dreams run free”: In an image entitled “Where dreams run free,” Jessica Biel (Pocahontas) is depicted sprinting, deer-like, through an autumnal forest as a masted English ship sits offshore.

“I was a huge Disney fan growing up as a kid and Cinderella, Snow White, Pocahontas, Ariel – all those characters were huge for me, so I definitely did dream,” said Biel. “I never actually thought I would make it! So this is pretty exciting.”

Great stars and rich scenes enabled Leibovitz to again work magic with her lens.

“We were going deeper and deeper into fantasy with these new pictures,” Leibovitz explained. “Digital tools make it possible to play with the elements of the photographs to a degree that is amazing. And a lot of fun.”

Special inserts with the images will appear in select Condé Nast publications in March. Since January 2007, Leibovitz has featured Beyoncé, David Beckham, Scarlett Johansson, Rachel Weisz, Roger Federer, Julie Andrews and Abigail Breslin in scenes playing out their Disney fantasies.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

Whoopi Goldberg (Genie)

Post Thanks / Like

Gisele Bündchen (Wendy Darling) is beckoned by Mikhail Baryshnikov (Peter Pan) and Tina Fey (Tinker Bell)

Post Thanks / Like

Jessica Biel (Pocahontas)

Post Thanks / Like

The only 2 I like from this latest series are Tina Fey as Tink (not pictured yet on here) and the Giselle/Baryshnikov Peter Pan scene. Whoopie as Genie and JLo/Marc Anthony as Jasimine and Aladdin just seem really weird to me.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Jessica Biel looks good... LOL...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

shudders

Post Thanks / Like

Wow I am extremely shocked at all the negative reviews. Leibovitz is such a well known portrait photographer and her photo and layout work is amazing. I would have thought the combination of this art form and Disney magic would be a match made in heaven for fans of Disney. I am not the biggest fan of all the subjects, but I love how they are used and the idealism of them as "characters" in their own right. I think they are well thought out articulate pieces. I don't know if I would hang it in my house, but then again I don't think thats the idea. Marketing genius
    Cassi
    1987 on site and Disney cruise
    1995 off site
    January 2006 Pop
    Feb. 2008 Bonnet Creek
    Sept.28- Oct.4 2008 Bonnet Creek F&W Festival
    January 2009 Bonnet Creek
    Sept 28 - Oct. 4 2009 Bonnet Creek F&W Festival
    Jan. 9-Jan. 14 2011 POFQ
    Coming Soon! Feb. 12-19 2012 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Meh, I don't love these. I mean, they're pretty enough. But they're just a little strange.
    Fort Wilderness Lover

Been To The World:
    July 2002
    July 2006

Post Thanks / Like

I dunno...I liked the first set of photographs better. Something about most of these seem...off...I think it has to do with the casting...None of the people chosen really seem to fit, for me...
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

They look like they should be sold on some corner - next to the velvet Elvis and card playing dogs.

Why is this worthy of an Intercot "headline" story? I'd rather read about room rates, discounts, or something having to do with vacation information.
    1995 - Grand Floridian (Honeymoon)
    1997 - Fort Wilderness Cabins
    1998 - All-Star Music
    2005 - All-Star Music & Movies
    2006 - All-Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

I love the ones with Jennifer Lopez and Whoopi.
    Upcoming trips to DL Hojo's Oct 19-25 and Pop Cen Dec 30 09-Jan 06 10

Pop Cen, Wilderness L, Disney Wonder, Coronado Spr Mar 8-16 09
    Pop Cen Dec 13-19 08 Jan 12-18 08 Sept 15-22 07 Jan 15-21 07 Sept 28-Oct 5 06 Aug 5-12 05
    All St Music Jan 6-11 05

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Jessica Biel looks good... LOL...
    How true...

Um, anyway, back to the discussion. I don't like these as much as the previous 3, but they're okay. I did see a few more on some different websites that I liked: Rachel Weisz as Snow White was nice. Julie Andrews as the blue fairy and Abigail Breslin as the fairy in training was a nice one too. The Roger Federer one was interesting.

Maybe it's because I just can't see Marc and J. Lo as Aladdin and Jasmine. Oh well.
    "When I think of vacation, I think of Disney. I really do. They allow you just to open up your imagination and just be a kid again. There's nothing like it in the world."

"There's no rest on planetary duty." -Paul Watson

You'll Never Walk Alone - Justice For The 96!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, these aren't that great. That's too bad, actually, because I liked the previous series a lot.

The one with Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony is good but the other two are just kind of weird.

What's up with the goofy expression on Jessica Biel's face and why is she playing Pocahontas, anyway?
    Walt Disney World:
    93, PO FQ
    94-95, Caribbean
    96, Off Site
    99, Coronado
    00, Caribbean
    03, Poly & Wilderness Lodge
    04, Pop Cent
    06, Contemp
    07, Beach Club
    07, Pop Cent
    09, Pop Cent
    10, Off Site
    11, PO FQ
    12, Coronado
    13, Off Site
    14, PO FQ
    16, PO RS

Only 1110.89 miles...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip View Post
    They look like they should be sold on some corner - next to the velvet Elvis and card playing dogs.

Why is this worthy of an Intercot "headline" story? I'd rather read about room rates, discounts, or something having to do with vacation information.
    Because it's Disney related, many of our members enjoy these as computer wallpaper and I wanted it put on the home page...

Don't reply if it doesn't interest you - skip the thread or something.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

From an artistic standpoint, I'm sure these creations have validity beyond my unrefined taste. I just don't care for them. I wonder who is going to pose as Ursula - my vote would be Rosie.

Hmmm...I see another thread topic: "which actor/sports hero should Annie choose to pose as______"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: