Quantcast Does anyone else plan trips for fun?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Does anyone else plan trips for fun?

It has been over a year since our last WDW trip and we probably won’t have the opportunity to go again until next summer, but in the mean time, I love going on the WDW web site and planning trips that I have no intention of taking. I’ll put in all different dates for all different resorts with all different options, and see what the availability is and what the pricing comes out to. I quit when I get to the “Book Now” button.

Am I the only nut out there doing this? I’m curious…

I know that I’m probably taking up band width that could better be used by folks who are planning trips for real, and for that I apologize, but I just can’t help myself.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL!!!

Yes I do the same thing. I think about Disney World every day and I have planned at least 12 trips since coming home from our trip in August!! As a matter of fact, on Monday I planned a trip for my ENTIRE family (parents, sis, bro, in-laws, aunts, uncles, cousins--there's a lot of us) at a mere cost of $46,000!!!!!!! Now that is some serious dreaming. If I ever win the lottery I will take my whole family down there to get some of that magic!!!

So no my friend, you are not alone!!!!
    Next Trip: 2008 (hoping and praying)
    POR-August 2007

Post Thanks / Like

I can't tell you how glad I am to know that I am not the only one to do this ... I'm constantly planning trips, adding different options, different hotels ... i've even gone so far as to do a day by day, if I was in this park, I would eat at these restaurants plan!

NEXT TRIP -
    WDW 08/18 ~ First family trip w/our 2 yo, 5 yo, my parents & our best friends &their 2 &5 yr olds.

PAST TRIPS -
    DISNEY WORLD
    04/16 (pre second babymoon), 08/15 (first trip with our own child), 08/10, 08/08, 04/05, 01/04, 04/02, summers 88, 90, 92 and 97.

DISNEYLAND
    03/06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wedway76 View Post
    I know that I’m probably taking up band width that could better be used by folks who are planning trips for real, and for that I apologize, but I just can’t help myself.
    I have to apologize also. Disney World makes me crazy!!!!!
    Next Trip: 2008 (hoping and praying)
    POR-August 2007

Post Thanks / Like

Default You are not alone!!!

So, I think I am crazy. I think about Disney all the TIME! My 2.5 yo DS is now an addict... what have I started??? He asks all the time, "Can we go to Dinzy World today?" The answer generally is, "No, sorry, not today." and then I weep. Okay, not really.

Our next trip is in less than a month (HOORAY!!!) and my DH and I are already planning a big two week trip for next summer.

This time we are getting APs, so who knows, we may even do an impromptu trip this winter!
    Last Trip: April 2015 CBR
    Next Trip: Sept 2015 Boardwalk

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my gosh! I couldn't believe it when I read your post. I do this all the time! My husband is always telling me that I should have become a Disney Travel agent. In fact, it is something that I have considered doing in retirement.

Also, whenever friends or family are going to Disney, I help them plan their trips. I've made Power Point presentations and everything!
    Okay, I admit it, I have a problem...

March 2017 - Pop Century
    November 2015 - Caribbean Beach
    October 2014 - Boardwalk Villas
    November 2013 - POR
    May 2009 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    October 2007 - Disneyland
    January 2005 - Riverside
    December 2004 - Riverside
    August 2000 - Coronado Springs
    December 1996 - Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, so that's why I enjoy Intercot so much! Now that I know I'm not the only one planning Disney trips that aren't happening, I don't feel so bad! I've been lurking for awhile, living vicariously through the posts and trip reports, and now have my next trip to finally plan!!
    Thanks for making me feel better about myself!!
    Write it on your heart that everyday is the best day of the year - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Next trip...
    May 2016 - Pop Century
    Last trip...
    June 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village
    Many before that I can't remember dates...

Post Thanks / Like

Me too!

Before there was on-line booking (or at least before I knew about on-line booking) I would take all of the books, and plan out a trip...just in case I ever got to go one day.

Well, one day finally came (thanks to the now-DH), and I'm addicted. I too go on-line and book trips for fun...see how much my "dream" trip would cost, how much to take the whole family, etc, etc.

It is fun, and I'm so glad I'm not alone
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure Disney is happy to have you "use up all that band width"...because if you're that into the WDW experience, chances are you'll book a trip for real before long...and trying out all those options is what the website's there for...to let you see try 'em on for size and see what you can have for what you can afford. I've done it myself...and clearly we're far from alone. Good to know!
    EJ in Houston

3-16 -- Port Orleans Riverside
    11-12 -- Pop Century
    11-11 -- Animal Kingdom Lodge
    11-09 -- All-Star Sports
    11-07 -- All-Star Sports
    11-05 -- All-Star Sports
    09-95 -- Off Property
    3 prior visits as a child beginning in '72 -- Polynesian/Contemporary Resorts

mttafire Guest

I price trips all the time. Not only for Disney but Vegas also!!
    Seriously though, I am on Disney.com alot doing this.

Post Thanks / Like

I am worse than the rest of you I think. I go to their wedding site and plan weddings for fun. The worst part is, is I am not even dating anyone right now. I look at it all this way. I will be prepared if any opportunity like that occurs.

Post Thanks / Like

I do the samething. I'm on Disney's website taking up space and dreaming alot.

I know DH secretly looks at airfare prices and dreams too. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

I do this all the time. I usally start out with 20 people at 3, 3 bd. villa at beach club. Then I end up with just me and my family at the all stars. I am glad there are other dreamers. Next I am going to start with if I win the lottery party. You know the private party with all the characters. Staying there for 2 weeks and a cruise for at least 7.
    Walt will always be my HERO.

1973 - 1999 Disneyland twice a month
    2003 June offsite WDW
    2004 & 2006 Dec. AK
    2007 Feb. PP Disneyland
    2008 Jan. All Star Movies
    2009 Jun. DLH Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

I so priced out a trip just this morning for next month. And we're definately not going again for over a year. I dreamed about the prices of tickets last night. I just like to be "in the know" just in case....
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: