Quantcast Pin trading

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Pin trading

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pin trading

So I may be dounce for asking about this, but even though I've been to WDW numerous times, we never pin traded. My mom did collect those mini-flag pins from around the world, like a decade ago, but I've never done anything. Actually last time was the first time I bought a pin (not that I'd want to trade it- I Snow White). Anyway, what exactly do you do? Are there pins off limits? Is it an expensive hobby??

Thanks!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default ????

I was wondering also if it is an expensive hobby. i want to start collecting but I'm a dufus I think in understanding it. How do start to get pins to trade? Do you have to buy pins just to trade them or is there another way of collecting pns to trade?

Post Thanks / Like

If you let it be, it can be a VERY expensive hobby. When Disney started doing the pin trading in October '99, you could get pins for $4 a piece, sometimes sets of pins that could be broken up for a bit less. Now it seems like the stock pins that would have been $5 or $6 are now $8 and the fancy or special pins that used to be $8 are now $12 or $15. Your best bet is to look on eBay for someone selling a bag of traders... they're usually a mixture of promo pins and Disney Store pins and they're a good way of getting ivolved in the fun of pin trading without laying out serious money. Also, Disney sells some 'starter lanyards' with 4 pins on them, 2 of each design so that you can keep 1 and trade 1. Not sure on the price there...
    Enjoy,
    Rob
    (aka He-who-has-too-many-pins)
    WDW Trips - Too many to list due to sig file character count limit! :(

Most Recent Cruise: DCL 7-day Western Caribbean Cruise - 12/29/07 - 01/05/08 - New Year's Eve at Sea! Woo Hoo!

Most Recent WDW Trip: 5-day stay at Old Key West 12/6/12 - 12/10/12

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

thanks rob

Post Thanks / Like

Pin trading can get very expensive but it can also be lots of fun! If you can, get a pin lot off Ebay (I try not to spend >$2.5/pin inc shipping) before you go. You can trade with CMs of with other guests. PM me if you have specific questions. We love pin trading as a way of having a Disney collection and also meeting some nice new folks.

Post Thanks / Like

not only is it expensive but its addictive! my neighbor showed her pins before i left for my last trip and i told her it was a waste of money and that i wasn't going to do it. once i got to disney and saw all the pins i got into it. i love it! you can catch pins on ebay for cheap sometimes.
    Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    ; 1998 off site ;Sept 07 ASM;
    May 09 POR
    ; May 10 POR; Sept 11POR; May 12 POR
    May 13 POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crltkcagle View Post
    not only is it expensive but its addictive! my neighbor showed her pins before i left for my last trip and i told her it was a waste of money and that i wasn't going to do it. once i got to disney and saw all the pins i got into it. i love it! you can catch pins on ebay for cheap sometimes.
    You aren't kidding about it being addictive! DW and I had bought a batch of 10 on e-bay before we left to give to DD for her to trade. By the third day, we were heavily into it too. I have no idea if any of the pins we ended up with have any real value, but it was just a lot of fun looking and trading.
    I'm no fool, no siree, I'm going to live to be 103. I play safe for you and me, cause I'm no fool."

POP - 09/07
    POP - 09/08
    SSR - 09/09

Next Trip
    Breaking the pattern this year and doing AllStar Movies Dec 11-18, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyandTink View Post
    I have no idea if any of the pins we ended up with have any real value, but it was just a lot of fun looking and trading.
    If you like the pins you went home with and are happy, then they have 'real value', regardless of what any pin guide might say otherwise...
    Rob
    WDW Trips - Too many to list due to sig file character count limit! :(

Most Recent Cruise: DCL 7-day Western Caribbean Cruise - 12/29/07 - 01/05/08 - New Year's Eve at Sea! Woo Hoo!

Most Recent WDW Trip: 5-day stay at Old Key West 12/6/12 - 12/10/12

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: